Had a blast at their summit and after party. Just wanted to say thanks to everyone who worked hard to make this event so much fun and informative. Great Job!

Echo here.
    Thanks Linkshare! Also again thanks to Haiko !

Affiliate Network Rep
    Connie,

Thank you to all those who where able to join us for the LinkShare summit. It was a truly great educational and social forum. It was great to catch up with you as well and I should wish you a very special congratulations on your daughter getting in early admission to college.

On a side note, we only get kudos for the party, i thought the speakers where pretty good as well ;-)

Also for anyone who was not at the event we annouced our download users bill of rights.

Steve

ABW Ambassador
    How bout some pics

I work in lounge pants

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by smesser:

Also for anyone who was not at the event we annouced our download users bill of rights.

Steve<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Uh, what is this? Please explain so those of us that didn't attend can be up to speed. Thanks.

Outsourced Program Manager Chris -  AMWSO's Avatar
    Yes I am extremely keen to hear more (see) the download users bill of rights. From what I heard from people I know the conference had a very "Anti Parasite" Favour

I look forwards to seeing everyone at the Symposium this year, I've missed enough parties

Cheers

Chris

<font size="1"> Web Studio-1 Solutions.
    http://www.webstudio-1.com

Low Threshold : High Return Days : Excellent Support : 100% Parasite Free
    Mondera.com - Netmagazines.com - KegWorks.com - Left On Main - Pierced Body
    DriveWerks.com - DeluxeGrills.com - Irish Photo Shop - Vegas Experts

<FONT COLOR=red size="1"> A little learning is a dangerous thing; drink deep, or taste not the Pierian spring: there shallow draughts intoxicate the brain, and drinking largely sobers us again. Alexander Pope </font></font>

ABW Ambassador
    Finally a network (besides shareasale) that is truly affiliate friendly.

Now, if only they could provide consolidated checks.. *hint*

Parasites are thieves. What are you going to do about it?

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by smesser:

On a side note, we only get kudos for the party, I thought the speakers where pretty good as well ;-)

Steve<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Well, if you would get a good republican or independent speaker once in a while..

You are correct, the speakers and information gained were very good.

Kudos on the Bill of Rights. Nice to see a network taking some kind of action and not just sitting on their butts.

Linkshare has proven time and time again that they are leaders in the industry and I amazed at how on top of the issues you are.

While not perfect, at least Linkshare is doing or trying to do something.

But I still think the networking is the best part of the get togethers.

Now about those consolidated checks......

Hmm.. Maybe this all explains why linkshare merchants (as a total) always are in my top 10 every month..

The consolidated checks would be nice, direct deposit, ANYTHING..

Anyone care to post some comments on the new download bill of rights for those of us who could not attend?

ABW Ambassador LinkShare Moderator's Avatar
    LinkShare's Executive Marketing Summit, "Managing Your Brand and ROI through Performance-Based Marketing", took place on Monday, January 12, 2004 at the Harvard Club of New York City.

As the industry leader in affiliate and performance-based marketing, LinkShare designed the Summit as an interactive forum to explore the current online marketing landscape, share best practices, and inspire sophisticated marketers. We combined our knowledge and the expertise of industry icons to help our clients refine their strategies for maximizing return on investment while managing brand across affiliate, search, email and portal partnerships. Executives from over 200 leading e-commerce companies and LinkShare merchant and affiliate clients attended this groundbreaking event.

LinkShare has consistently demonstrated leadership and success in setting industry standards and enforcing those principles. In December, 2002, LinkShare was the first to enforce its anti-predatory advertising position with signed agreements, underscoring its firm stance on ethical marketing practices. Yesterday, LinkShare released the "Online Browser's Bill of Rights" document, which aims to eliminate BrowserSpam and create an industry guide for conduct. BrowserSpam, a term coined by LinkShare, refers to the unsolicited advertisements that interfere with an end user’s browsing experience.

LinkShare's Online Browser's Bill of Rights document provides an aggressive position to protect the consumer, establishes clear rules on what is acceptable and what is not, provides a framework to operate business ethically, and protects affiliates and the affiliate community. The document includes the following core principles for online consumers:

1 - I have the right to affirmatively choose what software I download.
    2 - I have the right to know when software on my computer is active or operational.
    3 - I have the right to own my information.
    4 - I have the right to use my computer my own way, for my own benefit.
    5 - I have the right to terminate any software and any accompanying services.

Through this initiative, LinkShare hopes to drive awareness and action across both consumers and businesses to control and eliminate BrowserSpam by blocking its revenue stream. The bill of rights document serves as a call to all advertisers to accept responsibility for supporting ethical conduct across all marketing channels, to not work with those that do not abide by the rules, and to apply the Online Browser's Bill of Rights in all relationships – if partners don't comply, discontinue business.

We thank those that attended the LinkShare Executive Marketing Summit and look forward to your feedback. We are also excited to announce that plans for our next LinkShare Symposium are already underway. The event will take place on June 23, 2004 at Chelsea Piers in New York – so save the date!

Sarah

Outsourced Program Manager Chris -  AMWSO's Avatar
    Is that a confirmed date Sarah? I need to book tickets and what not...I'll check with Lisa anyway.

Cheers

Chris

<font size="1"> Web Studio-1 Solutions.
    http://www.webstudio-1.com

Low Threshold : High Return Days : Excellent Support : 100% Parasite Free
    Mondera.com - Netmagazines.com - KegWorks.com - Left On Main - Pierced Body
    DriveWerks.com - DeluxeGrills.com - Irish Photo Shop - Vegas Experts

<FONT COLOR=red size="1"> A little learning is a dangerous thing; drink deep, or taste not the Pierian spring: there shallow draughts intoxicate the brain, and drinking largely sobers us again. Alexander Pope </font></font>

12. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread