I don't understand why LS can't do real time reporting like CJ and the other affiliate programs! It's impossible to run an efficient advertising campaign like this 'in the dark'!

ABW Ambassador
    Reporting may not be real-time, but at least you can see what you've sold (unlike CJ). Every system has its good and bad.

Michael

ABW Ambassador
    Although LS doesn't have real-time, the time it takes to post a sale isn't that long. I did a test perchase today as a matter of fact and it took just over an hour.

Brian
    aka Cyclone

I agree with Marcia here. When you do paid advertising, it is very difficult to know where you stand without live reporting (like CJ and most other networks). What makes it even worse is that sometimes LS don't report sales until days later (often as long as 5 days later). I would much rather know that I have made a sale the same day the transaction takes place rather than know the product description. It's the "how much commission have I made" not the "what did I sell" that's important.

ABW Ambassador
    Cyclone,

I think you just got lucky with your timing....most of my LS merchants upload their data once or twice a day....more than sufficient for my needs....if they were doing it all day long, that would just be more reason for me to waste time checking every 5 minutes if I made a sale.

It's highly unlikely that I'm going to base any website or advertising changes based on one day's (or hour's) sales. I'd much rather see what products were (not) selling over the course of a month or two, then make adjustments. JMHO

2005 Linkshare Golden Link Award Winner  ecomcity's Avatar
    I'd be very satisfied to see daily posting of sales at the networks making concessions for the weekend. Me thinks those playing the PPCSE arbritrage game with direct cookie setting links to merchants are the most concerned. I call em CDT's ...Cookie Day Traders.

Mike & Charlie ...

If they won't adopt and feed a bird ..flip them one! BBQ some Gator and remember to flush WhenU..

I am a Dell Home Affiliate through them. Forget REAL TIME. Linkshare fails to track 80% of sales. They use that as an excuse not to pay. BEWARE of this company

Being brand new to affiliate marketing, can someone please verify for me that even if I use only the http://click.linksynergy.com/fs-bin/...type=2&subid=0

It makes me nervous sionce the disclaimer says "This code must be placed on your site exactly as it appears"

Sorry, looks like my message got cut off... My question is: If I only use the destination part of the link, it should still track, corrrect?

I've never had any problems with reporting or tracking by using just the click link, phatsuzy. I rarely use the impression url from any of the networks. The main problem is that you won't know how many times your link or banner was shown. To some affiliates and some merchants that's important, some it's not.

11. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread