Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    ...Macy's did away with their individual product listings? I have numerous individual products listed on my site, will I still be credited for any sales they make?

Any and all feedback is appreciated.

Diane

<left class=sig><FONT face="Comic Sans MS,Sans-Serif" color=blue size=2>Gift Shopping Network</FONT>

2005 Linkshare Golden Link Award Winner  ecomcity's Avatar
    I'm sure with a brick-n-mortar brand like that one some 3rd party AM firm decided individual product links converted too many referral shoppers. They miss the old indirect path method where the shoppers are forced to learn how to navigate the site or bookmark it. Let me guess they have one day cookies and BHO partners. (real oxymoron there)

Mike & Charlie ...

If they won't adopt and feed a bird ..flip them one! BBQ some Gator and remember to flush WhenU..

Hi Mike and Charley,

Thank you for your response. Well, I just hope they give us other options.

I do not like being restricted in how I can display products. This is one of the reasons I don't like CJ, all you have is banners and text links to work with, unless of course you use datafeeds, and I have not mastered that art yet.

Diane

<left class=sig><FONT face="Comic Sans MS,Sans-Serif" color=blue size=2>Gift Shopping Network</FONT>

10 return days Mike.
    I didn't recall seeing them have any product links. I do well just linking to their different categories.

Connie Berg
    http://www.flamingoworld.com

Domain Addict / Formerly known as elbowcreek Thomas A. Rice's Avatar
    errr, nm, answered a question you didnt ask, lol.

Connie,

Do you know if I will still be credited for the individual items I have listed, or should I remove them from my site?

I have numerous pages specifically for Macy's with individual links, 'tis a dilemma. *sigh*

We met quite some time ago, around August, how have you been?

Diane

ABW Ambassador
    Actually with CJ, when you go to get links for a merchant you see View Links » View Products . A lot easier than Linshare, Macys.

I work in lounge pants

If the links are still working you should get credit for the sales.

Have you emailed them and asked them to make it possible for product links?

I have a system set up in my database to create links to any store's pages and turn them into affiliate links, so I have never worried about it too much.

Connie Berg
    http://www.flamingoworld.com

Hi Connie,

Thanks for the response. Yes, the links are still working fine, so hopefully I will be okay.

I'm in the process of learning all about data bases for datafeeds etc., so once I do that it should take care of this problem and make my job a lot easier.

Thanks again, Connie.

Diane

I just e-mailed Macy's and once I receive a response I will let you all know what they say.

Diane

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by TrustNo1®:
    Actually with CJ, when you go to get links for a merchant you see View Links » View Products . A lot easier than Linshare, Macys.

I work in lounge pants <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Actually, I enjoy placing individual links on my site. It allows me some creativity, but then, I am also a workaholic and have been known to do things just for the heck of it.

Diane

I received an e-mail from Macy's and apparently they were unaware that the individual links option had been removed.

Michael the AM is going to check up on it and get back to me.

He answered my e-mail within the hour, that is pretty good going in my opinion.

Diane

I just emailed them about this. Did the AM say whether or not the product links, we've been using, are tracking?

Hi Ellen,

I assume that the links are still tracking because they are working.

The AM, Michael, didn't mention anything about whether they are still tracking or not because he was unaware that the IPL's option was taken down.

He's looking into it with Linkshare, because no one from Macy's authorized the change.

Hmm.. and we have no way of knowing if they are tracking or not. Not a very encouraging situation, to say the least.

Nice to meet you by the way.

Diane

[This message was edited by DianeHeather on December 14, 2003 at 01:36 PM.]

Animal Lover
    Hi Diane,

you can link to individual products with CJ merchants even if they only have banners and text links but only if they allow url redirects for that particular banner/text. I've done it for numerous individual products - the only problem you will have is that you can't track what you sold - it will just track to say that you sold stuff off that banner/text link.

Oscar

ABW Ambassador
    oscar,

how do you redirect? Any info would be appreciated.

Lily

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by oscar:
    Hi Diane,

you can link to individual products with CJ merchants even if they only have banners and text links but only if they allow url redirects for that particular banner/text. I've done it for numerous individual products - the only problem you will have is that you can't track what you sold - it will just track to say that you sold stuff off that banner/text link.

Oscar<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Hello Oscar,

Thank you for your post. I am not familiar with redirecting URL's - could you tell me how is it done, please? Thank you in advance.

Diane

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>
    you can link to individual products with CJ merchants...<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>
    Oscar,
    Macy's is a Linkshare merchant.

Animal Lover
    Yes Ellen I know that Macy is a LS merchant - I was replying to her comment about cj

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>I do not like being restricted in how I can display products. This is one of the reasons I don't like CJ, all you have is banners and text links to work with, unless of course you use datafeeds, and I have not mastered that art yet.
    <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Oscar

Animal Lover
    Diane,

check your pms.

Oscar

Animal Lover
    Lily

check your pms

Oscar

Hello all,

Thanks for the feedback. I would like to work with many of you in terms of IPL. The only problem is trying to balance with affiliates the type of merchandise you are pulling, ie not being so many clearance focused items. If we could take the extra step in letting me know which products you plan to promote on our site for my approval, then I think I'm willing to let IPL back in.

ABW Ambassador
    It is just too much trouble to add that extra step.

Why don't you just put all the product links on LinkShare, except the stuff you don't want us promoting?

At the moment, we are working on getting merchanidiser enabled. We've worked very hard to maintain our merchandising practices, and we'd would like to work with affiliates to learn from what we feel our are tops products. If you have suggestions, I'm open to hearing them.

Michael,
    I had select products linked from each major category, none of which were clearance items. I try to provide a diverse example of what's available. I don't usually like to put up clearance products because they tend to sell out fast - ending in a disappointed click. I do advertise clearance sale text links and what type of items are on sale.

I do hope you bring back IPL's soon.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast