Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    This is a warning to ALL perspective Affiliates out there for the Dell HOme Affiliate program through Linkshare to AVOID it at ALL costs. It is a scam and a fraud. I had been a member of this program since May, selling over $10,000 worth of merchandise. The Linkshare program failed to recognize most of the transactions through the links, and had to be reported manually. I had to file MANY transaction inquiries, that were never followed up on. And to date, I STILL have not been paid a single cent from this program. I have e-mailed the company. I have called the company, I have FAXED the company, and all I receive are lame excuses. Please, everyone, save yourself the hassle. AVOID this program!

[This message was edited by davidsco27 on January 13, 2004 at 05:42 PM.]

ABW Ambassador
    Just did a check from Jan 1 2003 till today and converting 22/1.

"MANY transaction inquiries,"

Just curious because i could never figure this out. How do you know how many people are buying through your links and that you were selling over $10,000 worth of merchandise? Was it showing in non-commissionable reports?

I work in lounge pants

All the sales I am referring to were made by me, personally. In my business, I often refer customers to new PC purchases. I actually performed the click-thru and the transactions. Most never showed up. I even made a couple of purchases MYSELF, that didn't show up. And there is NO Spyware or BHO's on my system. As for other people who may have made purchases, we'll never know, since the Linkshare system is obvisouly so unreliable. BTW, I don NOT have the problem whatsoever in my other programs through befree.com

ABW Ambassador
    I question your post as while they have paid late, they do pay and have paid. There are a million ways you can kill your cookie on their site, did you go over for a second to their business site?

Chet

ABW Ambassador
    One thing is for sure, since 2001, Dell Home has went from an approximate 45 day payment to what is now closer to a 90 day payment term...This can be a huge issue for some and certainly is not within the terms they specify in their program.

2005 Linkshare Golden Link Award Winner  ecomcity's Avatar
    Search Dell at ABW and you'll see I've outed these wanks since day one. They ARE the diversion king. The site is full of cookie cutting links. Cross from the unlabeled Small biz section to the Home systems, (all the same stuff) and you get no credit. All Dell popup speicals also carries you into the cookie cruncher. How about their shopping cart popup alerts scaring the online customers into phoning in their sales.

Then the biggie...I don't think... and have never been responded to on numerous challenges that both BeFree and LS tracking can be turned on at the same time. Either or ...but not both as their cart can't parse the session only cookie if 2 are present.

Mike & Charlie ...

If they won't adopt and feed a bird ..flip them one! BBQ some Gator and remember to flush WhenU..

Dell Home is my biggest computer merchant sales wise on my site.
    They convert well, the sales show up and I get paid. What more can I ask for?

I have never had a problem with them.

Maybe if you were the one making the purchases they found that suspicious?

And Mike, read this from their Linkshare agreement:

In the event that a Customer purchases a Dell product or service through
    another Dell sales segment (e.g., Business Systems Division (“BSD”) after
    accessing the Dell Site through a Qualifying DHS Link, Dell may, but is not
    obligated to, pay you a referral fee based on the then current referral fee
    program terms for the other sales segment. Ex. If a Customer purchases a
    Dell product or service through the Business Systems Division after
    accessing the Dell Site through a Qualifying DHS Link, Dell will pay you a
    referral fee if you are registered to participate in the BSD program. If
    you are not registered for that program, Dell may, but is not obligated to,
    pay you a referral fee.

I also sell for dell home and business, both convert and are not behind on payments to my company. My only complaint about Dell would be if a customer calls they push a discount so they can sell them on the phone, and I lose the commission, but this can happen with any merchant that lists a number.

Have you tried trying to track down a phone number and call them, or contact linkshare via phone? I always find a better response from EVERYONE on the phone, I never rely on email.I would try a call to them.

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*
    It pays to be clever
    ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

I use Dell here in the UK on exactly the same basis as Davidsco. Many of the people locally think I am a wiz with computers ~(little do they know!) so they ask me to help them buy a computer and install it afterwards. I go to their homes navigate to Dell via my site and order the computer.

All commissions have been paid and instantly recorded. So far it is a nice way of making a little money, it gets me out of the house and talking to real people!

'I am not young enough to know everything.'
    - Oscar Wilde

GaryS

Dell Program is US only , not UK

please clarify

http://8n.nu

Sorry I should have said - Dell in the UK use www.tradedoubler.com for the affiliate links. My point was that there is nothing wrong with Dell but more to do with Linkshare.

'I am not young enough to know everything.'
    - Oscar Wilde

Different Dell affiliate programs are managed by different affiliate manageres and staff too.

The Linkshare Dell Asia Pacific program in the past is suck !

http://8n.nu

Web Ho - Design B!tch ~Michelle's Avatar
    I take it Dell posts commission when the item ships.

I ordered a new laptop through my link a couple days ago and it hasn't posted to my account yet, but it also has not shipped yet.

I do know this. When my nephew bought his laptop through my link a couple years ago I had to chase them down for my commission. I never did get credit for the $80 bag he bought for it but finally did on the system. They kept saying no sale were recorded through my link for that, I finally gave them the order number and they 'found' it.

They shipped the bag and the laptop seperate, giving them two order numbers instead of one.

I know he didn't wander around their site, he clicked on my link, went to their site, clicked on the link to the machine he wanted and put it in his cart. Then he did the same with the bag. He knew what he wanted before he got there.

So where the sale was hiding prior to that, I don't know.

~Michelle
    "All I ask is a chance to prove that money can't make me happy."
    "Work to become, not to acquire." -- Confucius

LOL ...if you push Dell coupons in a SE spam campaign hoping the poor man's BHO "place coupon/discount code here" alert box you might get sales. So all you couponers jump on the Dell bandwagon. Then be sure to wait 90 days for any commission check sneaking through their diversion filters.

I've installed many Dells systems for clients bought and delivered through my Dell links. NONE ever showed up in either LS or BF reports in 4 years. All the common cut-n-paste excuses come from the Ad Whore mouths of the 3rd party AM firm running the parasite loving program. The reson you'll never see a posting from a Dell AM on any affiliate board is because they know they earned the Diversion King title.

They still are a quarterly payout merchant with session only cookies (forget that 2 day BF cookie ever tracking a return sale). They will never have individual product links or any other conversion tool except for their coupon pushing crowd.

Mike & Charlie ...

If they won't adopt and feed a bird ..flip them one! BBQ some Gator and remember to flush WhenU..

I find it amusing that the moderators of this propaganda site disable accounts of anyone who posts derrogatory comments about Linkshare. it's too bad when a company has to plant people on forums to prop up their company when they are a scam.

Freejazz36 this board always has, and always will, encourage the truthful OUTING of merchants, networks and rogue affiliate practices. The moment they don't ...I'm gone.

Mike & Charlie ...

Well then, see ya. They're already done it. You'll notice the originator of this post is already deactivated. Ever heard of CENSORSHIP? Say hello to Smesser from Linkshare. He's a frequent poster on this board, making sure his pathetic company is only seen in the light he chooses.

Perhaps he can explain this...
    4967 16-DEC-03 802 Dell Home Systems 08-DEC-03 566015039 $444.00 Unresolved Unresolved Not Provided
    4968 16-DEC-03 802 Dell Home Systems 08-DEC-03 564938505 $847.00 Unresolved Unresolved Not Provided
    5146 27-DEC-03 802 Dell Home Systems 16-DEC-03 576848585 $882.00 Unresolved Unresolved Not Provided
    5549 12-JAN-04 802 Dell Home Systems 04-JAN-04 594593635 $594.00 Unresolved Unresolved Not Provided
    5569 13-JAN-04 802 Dell Home Systems 04-JAN-04 595133415 $26.41 Unresolved Unresolved Not Provided

My recommendation for 2 years was to use Dell as the prime example of a poorly run affiliate merchant program. Many here wanted to single out Overstock as the merchant to boycott over the lame CoC enforcement issues taking a dislike to Shawn as a pawn for the parasites.

All along it has been companies like Dell, using 3rd party AM firms, who have set the tone for the downfall of affiliate marketing. LS could make a great PR move and can Dell from their network for shady diversion practices and continuing to advertise with BHO's given the boot from the LS network for cookie theft.

Mike & Charlie ...

Affiliate Summit Guy Shawn Collins's Avatar
    I've got to admit that I am a bit confounded by the frequent hand wringing of affiliates regarding Dell Home Systems.

This program is regularly in the top 10% for EPC of the programs promoted by ClubMom.

<font size="2" color="#0000ff" face="verdana">Shawn Collins</font>
    <font size="1" color="#000000" face="verdana">www.ShawnCollinsConsulting.com - scollins@affiliatemanager.net - 908-522-0056
    outsourced affiliate program management</font>

And this info is by whom? Dell? Funny, they tell you about their "award winning" customer service. What award? Their own internal?

Dell Home is a program that has to be monitored, if you are going to use them. I have had problems also. I do promote Dell business a little (through BF). I was also stiffed for $200. a couple of years ago, when Dell Host left Linkshare. So again, one to watch.

As for ABW censors (this is for the Newbees), it is extremly rare someone gets the boot here, even with the number of members we have. In fact, I was surprised to see it. Makes me wonder if there really wasn't something more to it.

freejazz36, if you look around you'll see plenty of anti LS, BF, CJ posts, and posts that attack the leadership of those firms. If you would stay just a little while, you would see that.

Nuff said.

Fred

Are you sure the nurses know you're using the computer?

What's "to it" is that Linkshare doesn't want to pay its affiliates, and any negative publicity must be quashed. That is why they answer affiliate concerns with their legal council.

You don't get the boot just for being negative about Linkshare. If that were the case, just about everyone here would be gone. I know was very vocal about my disappointments with the reporting delays last month, and I've been critical about them in other areas as well. I've also given them praise where I felt praise was due, and I've tried to be constructive about any criticism I've had.

Michael Coley
    Amazing-Bargains.com

Tell ya what. Look at the postings by davidsco27. Then repeat that statement.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast