i hate complaining, but it's about time.. is anyone else having issues with linkshare. worst month for the last 3 months! I can't seem to convert that well, even with great traffic. cj is starting to get better and shareasale rocks! and the indys are great, but linkshare is not doing well... gotta get past that frustration barrier.

freedom, it's not freedom till you build a business model where you can leave and the commissions will still be there. :0).

15 years and counting
    Looks pretty normal to me for this time of the year. Some merchants are already doing real good two weeks before Valentine's day. Can't see anything wrong with LS reporting.
    If I can give you an advice, check your links for deactivated merchants, expired offers, product links not redirecting... Believe me, it happens all the time.

It's not the big that eat the small... it's the fast that eat the slow. Jennings & Haughton

ABW Ambassador
    Hi Jason,

Remember that November and December are really extraordinary months. It might be better to compare this January to last January.

Last January was my first month in affiliate marketing and I was very excited when I made $36 in commissions. This January I've made about $1,500 in commissions, and it is quite a let down after November and December. But when I look at Jan 2003, I see how far I've come and I feel better.

Zeus had some good ideas. I've been making a new site with a brand new merchant to keep my spirits up.

BTW, I was reading the thread about you winning a price at amazingsocks, What did you eventually choose?

Let's hope Valentine's Day helps perk up Feb. Sales.

Best wishes,

Lily

Aunt Lily, I chose the 5 cd changer it's pretty cool. thanks for asking... guess I will just have to be patient on linkshare and hope it's just a short phase.. okay gotta get back to work later.

freedom, it's not freedom till you build a business model where you can leave and the commissions will still be there. :0).

Jason don't feel bad. January has been the worst month ever with LS. I've tried just about everything but nothing seems to work. I just hope that things start to perk up in February. On the bright side, CJ has been pretty kind to me so I guess it's a case of "what you lose on the swings you gain on the roundabout".

15 years and counting
    I've the opposite experience, Grumpy. I can still rise to new high with LS and I'm stuck with CJ. I mean, after 6 years +, I'm making more money in Jan 2004 than 2003 with LS and about the same with CJ (with much more work and merchants). My graph is flat with CJ.
    That's just my experience with an average of 400 orders/day. I'll like to do better with CJ.
    Jason, did you check all your keywords with the last Google update. There's a lot of changes going on. I'm glad to have some quite old and stable websites. All my new ones are going up and down.

It's not the big that eat the small... it's the fast that eat the slow. Jennings & Haughton

Zeus yep I have been checking google. my listings are still pretty good, some of my keywords for indys though went down. but cj is doing good. I guess I will have get more sites up for linkshare. or update my sites..

15 years and counting
    Jason, I don't understand this last Google update. Don't makes sense to me, but... I dont'care. What I know for sure, I'm getting back keywords I lost, 2, 3 or 4 years ago. Old pages with no update for months. Let me tell you I had to be sure I'm making money on all these pages. So check your logs.

okay Zeus, I'll take a look at my logs and give you an update of what I see...

Action Jackson - King of the World
    LS has always been slow for me ever since the drop in sales at Domestications.

However, at least I have more at LS than I do at crappy sharasale.

Strangely enough CJ is higher than both of those networks put together

Jack Mitchell
    http://kattskozykorner.com
    http://clothing-to-go.com
    http://sports-to-go.com

Zeus 400 orders/day??!!!!!!!! Geez if I was getting a quarter of that I would be sipping Maitai's on a beach somewhere. There must be one hell of a demand for whatever you're selling Looks like I'm way out of my league in here.

12. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread