I've b*tched about this before, nothing - absolutely nothing has been done. SO I thought one last time might be the trick.

None (not one that I can tell) of the individual links work - well, they work if you call landing at an "I'm Sorry" page working.

Now some will say why bother, look what you have? I guess I am too cheap to become a "partner" is that what one calls the Tupperware folks that are "directly connected?!

Come on Sarah, this is silly. You have a merchant on your network that just refusess to spend any money on thier program, and fix links. I must be the only affiliate for Tupperware.

The p*sser here is that I have traffic, and get some sales (somehow). Just let me make that minimum one last time -

Sheessh...

Okay, I feel better now.

Fred

You might just be a Redneck if - Birds are attracted to your beard...

ABW Ambassador LinkShare Moderator's Avatar
    buy_online -

Thanks for bringing this to my attention, and I've alerted my team member who works with Tupperware. The merchant is working to address this situation, and I will update you as I have further information.

Sarah

Sarah,

You know I love you very much, but I have to remind you of something from May 5th of this year in another thread here at ABW. First, here is your quote:

"Hi buy_online,

The trouble with Tupperware product links is related to a change made by the merchant. As Jenn at Tupperware indicated, the merchant's technical team is investigating and working to resolve this issue. I have asked the member of my team who works with Tupperware to have the merchant send a communication to their partners about this issue, as well as notify them once it has been resolved. For additional questions, please contact the merchant directly at us1linkshare@tupperware.com.

Thanks,
    Sarah"

And here is the thread:
    http://abw.infopop.cc/6/ubb.x?q=Y&a=...2516077792&p=1

As for Tupperware, I never heard back from them. That area of one of my sites is getting more and more traffic, so I thought it might be nifty to check things out. finding "We're Sorry..."

Fred

^^^ BUMP ^^^

Hi All -

My team member who works with Tupperware asked me to post the following message on their behalf:

To All Tupperware Affiliates:

Tupperware would first like to thank you all for your dedication to the Tupperware Merchant account. Despite our inability to keep certain portions of our account up-to-date, you all have done a wonderful job!

Some of you have expressed frustration with the product links being out of date and/or broken. We apologize for this oversight. We are in the process of transitioning a new representative to manage the Tupperware Merchant account who will provide excellent management of the account.

To bring our product links current, we are committed to completing the following tasks by the following dates:

Wednesday, 11/12: A new file containing links to all of the current products available at Tupperware.com will be uploaded and active by the end of the day. For the sake of time, the products' descriptions are brief, selling descriptions.

Friday, 11/21: By this date, all of the current products' descriptions will be updated to include a longer, more detailed description.

Monday, 12/15: By this date, we will be implementing a formal process for keeping all of our product links current. On this Monday, we will also be updating the product links to reflect all new products and sales specials for the Winter/Spring promotional period.

Again, we apologize for any inconvenience we have caused with the lack of proper maintenance on our account. We pledge our commitment to work closely with the LinkShare Corporation to review all aspects of our account and make any adjustments and corrections necessary.

Again, Thank You for your dedication to the Tupperware account!

Martin Kertz
    Internet Manager, Tupperware.com

Thank you very much Sarah most appreciated.

As of the date of this posting, it looks like the old links either still land at an "I'm sorry" page, or land at a different product than they used to. So, something happened

On the other hand, it appears that new "individual" links are working through the LS interface. That is good too, but I would rather not have to change everything (but will)

We've made some progress, and I appreciate it. Again, I didn't want to waste the traffic I am getting.

Thanks again - you are a dear.

Fred

Final report.

About 40% of the Individual products in the LS interface lead to a page (at LS) with no linking information. Apparently, someone loaded the category, but forgot to put the actual link code into the LS interface.

Of the remaining 60% of links that I was able to bring up in the LS interface (where I actually received HTML code), approximately 40% lands at a Tupperware "We're Sorry" page.

This means that less than half of the current, posted Individual Links in the lS interface, are actually functioning and of any use. It appears as though Tupperware affiliates are actually the last to get resources put on target from the Merchant.

Fred's speculation. Look for Tupperware to use their networking channel to do their Internet marketing for them from now on. At some point we may see Tupperware dissapear from LS.

Hey look, I'm getting traffic, and continuing to make sales - that's why I bothered to try to get this fixed. Oh well, thank you to Sarah for at least getting as straight a story out of the Merchant as she did.

Fred

Fred,
    Why don't you join the rest of us and become an actual consultant. No..you don't have to hold parties, etc. Most of us changed to consultant status and dumped the tupperware linkshare nonsense over about a year ago and we now make 20-30% commissions from our same links. Plus you can customize your own tupperware website to your liking and create links that work for any product. Plus, you're guaranteed to get paid each month and sales actually get tracked properly.

If you're interested PM and I'll send you the info or goto [URL Removed]

Karen

[This message was edited by Haiko on November 22, 2003 at 07:07 PM.]

Please don't post your own referral links bargainb...If the person is interested they can go directly to http://my.tupperware.com

I have been a consultant for a while and it is a pain keeping up with the everchanging promotions and you get whacko recorded phone calls from them all the time, with some weirdo on the other end that is wayyyyy to excited about tupperware....

Connie Berg
    http://www.flamingoworld.com

Fred,

Since I started that original thread that you referred to, I thought I'd chime in. After waiting all that time for Tupperware to get its act together, I gave up. I didn't want to lose the traffic my search engine listings were generating, so I took Karen up on her offer and joined through her link. It cost me a little over $60, but Karen reimbursed that when I met the minimum in my first month. So in actuality, it cost me nothing, AND I got a huge box of Tupperware.

As a Tupperware affiliate from October 2001 through October 2002, I earned exactly $225.62. From November 2002 to April 2002 I earned an additonal $19.59, which I'll never see because I pulled down all my links (replaced them with Consultant links) and will never meet the $50 minimum.

As a Tupperware consultant from May 2002 to date, I have earned $640.33. I spend $6.95 per month for the my.tupperware site. (I don't recommend the more expensive Gold Plan.) My checks come like clockwork every single month. I earn a 20% commission (as opposed to 7%), plus if I meet sales minimums I have an opportunity to earn bonuses.

I can create links that actually work all day long. And if one doesn't work, it's a piece of cake to change it. Yes, you do receive pre-recorded phone calls every week or two. Yes, their promotions change constantly, and do require a little time, which is proably why their affiliate links are always going down. You don't have to link to the promotions though. You can create pages with just the basic products that are always available, and always have those links work. I maintain one page that I check several times a week that lists all the stuff on clearance. They are always selling out and changing the items, so that requires a bit of work.

I don't sell Tupperware other than on my website. I don't try to enlist new consultants, although it looks like there is a lot of money to be made if you take that path. I don't know if Karen is still offering to reimburse you if you make the minimum, but even without that, the benefits far out weight being an affiliate.

Another thing. Look at the bottom of the Tupperware pages. It says: "Your Tupperware Consultant" and lists a name, or "Find a Tupperware Consultant." Once somebody visits the site through a Tupperware Consultant link, that person's name appears there, and stays there. I've often wondered if an affiliate sends somebody to the site who has already visited and has a consultant listed ... does the affiliate link overwrite the consultant, or does the consultant get credit for the sale? Then there's all the parasites Tupperware is affiliated with.

Bottomline, I don't trust their affiliate program. You started this post on November 3, and they promised results by November 15. Have they kept their promise? My advise to you would be to drop their affiliate program. PM Karen and get her link to become a consultant, or just give up on them all together.

I'm not knocking Tupperware. I think it is a great product, and their Consultant Program is fantastic. They manage it very well with real-time sales reports you can check all day long. You get a lot of great support. You get a toll-free number you can call any time, and Karen is fantastic about sending out email updates. If you want to promote Tupperware on your site, as far as I'm concerned, it's the only way to do it.

---
    Judge your success by the degree that you're enjoying peace, health, and love.

Thank you all - most appreciate the insight Tracy.

Decision Time !

Fred

Karen,

I don't see your PM? I am looking for it though

Fred

Heck, pm me and you can get the same offer thru me. If Karen can promote signups here, so can I...I could use a few signups under me too...

Connie Berg
    http://www.flamingoworld.com

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>....Monday, 12/15: By this date, we will be implementing a formal process for keeping all of our product links current. On this Monday, we will also be updating the product links to reflect all new products and sales specials for the Winter/Spring promotional period.

Again, we apologize for any inconvenience we have caused with the lack of proper maintenance on our account. We pledge our commitment to work closely with the LinkShare Corporation to review all aspects of our account and make any adjustments and corrections necessary.

Martin Kertz
    Internet Manager, Tupperware.com<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

When will this actually happen? I found A LOT of links that lead to a "we're sorry" page. I haven't seen anything new in quite some time.

Hi All -

My team member who works with Tupperware asked me to post the following message on their behalf:

To All Tupperware Affiliates:

Tupperware would like to thank each of you for your continued dedication to the Tupperware Merchant account. Despite our inability to keep certain portions of our account up-to-date, you all have done a wonderful job! We sincerely appreciate your persistence.

We have listened to many of your frustrations and pledge to do everything we can to make your experience with the Tupperware account a smooth and profitable one. We are pleased to announce that Tupperware has named Linda Lappano as the new Affiliate Relations Representative for the Tupperware Merchant Account.

Most recently, Linda, with assistance from representatives at Linkshare, identified several coding issues that affected many of our links. Linda has worked persistently to update the individual product links, text links and reactivated a Tupperware storefront.

Our next major update will be in May when we update product links to reflect all new products and sales specials for the Summer promotional period. As we make changes and add new strategies to our account, we will actively communicate these changes to all of our affiliates.

Tupperware and Linkshare are working closer together to learn more about how we can build a more rewarding experience for all of our affiliates!

We apologize for any inconvenience we have caused with the lack of proper maintenance on our account. We pledge our commitment to work closely with the LinkShare Corporation to review all aspects of our account and make any adjustments and corrections necessary.

If you have any questions, please contact Linda Lappano at us1linkshare@tupperware.com.

Martin Kertz
    Internet Manager
    Tupperware, Inc.

16. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread