Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Okay, it's time to bring this up again. It always take twice as long to get Linkshare checks as it does checks from other companies an equal distance from me. Why can we not get some other form of payment? I don't even care about consolidating checks (those who do, feel free to speak up), I just want my money quickly and efficiently.

ABW Ambassador
    I agree somewhat. Linkshare needs to implement a direct depost system as a interim step between paper checks and consolidation.

It is hard to believe that even a small compnay like Performics can do this but a much larger network with more resources cannot.

Linkshare, we have beat this dead horse quite a few times, it is time you step up to the plate...

ABW Ambassador
    Not much interest huh? Maybe this is why Linkshare has not prioritized it...

ABW Ambassador
    It is becoming a terrible hassle to deal with the paper checks these days. LS says one check was mailed on 11/21. I have not received it yet. Just a few months ago I received a check more than 2 months after it was mailed by LS. I simply do not understand what prohibits LS not to do direct deposits. Almost every network does it, even SAS.

Oh yea, let's do not bother Mr. Messer with consolidated payments anymore. He is busy copying/pasting promotional materials from LinkshareClub to ABW these days. Consolidated payment has way too low priority.

Any comments from Linkshare? We'd stop complaining about late checks if you'd give us payment choices. Heck, I'd *pay* to get my checks sent FedEx. No more wondering, "Hmmm, will I get it this week or next week or will someone else get it?"

Another sign that LinkShare needs to do something about their payment processing - today I received someone else's 1-800-PetMeds check, in addition to my own.

So, will anyone from LinkShare ever answer this?

Hell I'm with you guys 100% on this. Direct deposit would be the answer for sure. I've had endless problems with LS checks arriving almost 2 months late, and only got them in the end because I lodged a complaint direct with the Merchant. I have never had to wait for CJ payments - the money is ALWAYS in my bank on the 20th of the month. Surely it would be so much simpler for them as well not to have to go through check cutting and mailing of affiliate checks (not to mention all the flack they get when checks do not arrive!). I believe it's time LS gives this some serious thought.

Either they implement better payments or they get to listen to me whine about it constantly. My mailbox is allllllllllll the way down the street. I'm busy working, I want direct deposit or Paypal. Plus, I'm tired of getting other people's checks stuck to mine. It makes me feel guilty for holding up their checks when it isn't even my fault.

So, LinkShare, PLEASE address this...and soon.

ABW Ambassador
    My speculation is that, since Linshare didn't get its IPO out in time, the company depends on the float of the checks to keep the account from drawing to zero. That is, they have to wait until the money from Coldwater Creek arrives; so the Overstock checks won't bounce.

It amazes me how much money the company wastes in mailing out these checks. When ACH and consolidated payments are so easy to implement. The only other possible reason I could think for wasting so much money on postage is that someone on the board of directors has stock in the post office.

sound thinking

Let's see if I remember this correctly from my accounting days from a long time ago.. I think the last number I heard was it costs about $12 per check to get entered, processed, printed, stuffed stamped and mail. Someone has to enter it, watch the machine (hopefully) that stuffs, prints, folds and stamps, then someone has to make sure the mail room takes care of the rest..

Think about it Linkshare.. Want to save money, do ACH! Then you just have to have someone enter and process and hit the go button!

I agree, Consolidated would be great, but I would much rather have some type of automatic deposit. You could even do it weekly or like performance, which is twice a month!

I'd like to see direct deposit from Linkshare also. That would make life a lot easier. I don't understand why they don't offer it either, most of the rest of the world does.

I agree, a new payment method is long overdue. However, I think there is something to the "late cheques / floating money" idea. There has to be a reason why they wouldn't save the money and make everyone happier. And now that valueclick and cj are merged, they have even more to worrier about. Hey Performics, wanna by a leaky boat?

or send money international to me via MoneyBookers

i like this over paypal

http://8n.nu

I also got someone else's check. I didn't even notice it until I almost the deposited it. If I would've deposited it that person would've been outa luck. It was a personal name and the check would've gone through my account with no problems.

Just makes me think this is happening to me too.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR> the check would've gone through my account with no problems <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Why the bank in US allow people to deposit other people check ?

In my country, the bank will not deposit the check if there is just spelling mistake of the payee name, not to mention if the name is completely different.

Because it is too liberal for banks in US,
    The people prepare for checks(merchant) are not careful enough.

Check error are too many to mention.
    But may be in US these are not consider errors.

I'd love to see this discussion continued.

Has Linkshare ever given an explanation as to why they don't offer direct deposit?

The reason seems to be something like
    not easy or smooth to do the transition if not plan carefully.

Outsourced Program Manager Jorge - SHOPiMAR's Avatar
    Sure, I am new and have not received any checks yet from LS but will be glad and ready to give out my routing number to you as soon as you implement this, ASAP.

A year ago I probably would have said NO WAY to giving out my bank number but now the banks are protecting the customers even more since they prefer everyone to go this route.

They have less paper work themselfs.

2004 and only check payments...some companies still live in past decade.

Some sponsors in the adult industry offer real-time payments (everytime you get a sale, your commission is added in real time) to a debit card they have issued you. Certainly two different planets.

--------------------
    Tell Mama don't cry. Even when they kill me, They can never take the game from a young G. I'm str8 ballin'

Outsourced Program Manager Jorge - SHOPiMAR's Avatar
    <BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Soul_Rebel:
    2004 and only check payments...some companies still live in past decade.

Some sponsors in the adult industry offer real-time payments (everytime you get a sale, your commission is added in real time) to a debit card they have issued you. Certainly two different planets.

--------------------
    Tell Mama don't cry. Even when they kill me, They can never take the game from a young G. I'm str8 ballin'<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

That's a big difference Soul_Rebel, Realtime daily cash direct deposits, perhaps one day soon.

Can't wait for that to happen in the non-adult world, or Hummm, maybe should look into that world, get rich quicker and then comeback?

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR> the company depends on the float of the checks to keep the account from drawing to zero. That is, they have to wait until the money from Coldwater Creek arrives; so the Overstock checks won't bounce.
    <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>
    What yintercept said

minimum 10% comm, 30 day cookies and unlimited occurences!

Well I don't expect real-time payment like that, however I would really like a Linkshare rep to address this issue..

anyone anyone?

I may as well keep adding to this thread until someone from LinkShare decides to honor us with their presence.

A) We need direct deposits, wire transfers or Paypal payments. Everyone else can do it, so can you.

B) When a merchant pays you on 1/2/04, why haven't you paid your affiliates as of 1/11/04?

C) When a merchant has verified that LinkShare received payment on 1/07, why does the LinkShare report state they were paid on 1/09?

If you can't make your business model work without the float, then change the business model instead of keeping OUR money for extra weeks. I'll bet the LinkShare employees get paid regularly, not whenever you feel like cutting a check for them.

This is a business - treat it like one.

Wires, Direct Deposit are consider a bigger step forward to them.

i do expect consolidate checks at least.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast