Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Overstock has not been properly awarding commissions to its affiliates. They have admitted to a problem with certain links, and aren't doing anything to rectify. After coming on 2 months of unanswered e-mails, "just wait"s, and unfulfilled promises, I am taking this to the only other place I know.

They gave out bad code. They didn't award proper commissions. And they are doing NOTHING to fix this.

The facts...
    On June 22, Overstock mailed out an update top all affiliates with auto-update code. It was called "Daily Deals - Dynamic Rich Media (DRM)"

However, this script put the WRONG affiliate code into HTML. I had it on my site, and roll overs showed that someone else's linkshare account was CLEARLY getting the commissions. Clicking the links or copying the links showed this as well. I tried this on several different pages, all with the same results.

I e-mailed them on this fact on July 3.
    I heard nothing.
    I e-mailed again on July 7.
    Nothing.
    I e-mailed again on July 9.

On July 9, they admitted that they had made a mistake here. When I told them that proper commissions weren't credited, they said they were aware of this.

When I asked what they were doing to remedy this, they said "We are working on the solution."

They said that for over a month and a half. They then started ignoring e-mails.

A month after the problem was called to their attention, they said "We are still working on solutions, please be patient."

Finally, when I e-mailed several times again, they are now saying that they are doing NOTHING to rectify this problem.

Anyone who installed this "Dynamic Rich Media (DRM)" well, Overstock probably owes you commissions, and they have no plans to pay you.

Mike Jacobs

--------------------------------------
    WebMogul - Online Marketing that Works
    www.webmogul.com

They always had many mistakes in the links in the emails, I always got my links from Linkshare directly and have had no problems.

I would find that many times the links they had did not go with the products they were supposed to, the dates were wrong, or the links didn't work.

And I see they are no longer sending out those emails, they just have a basic drm that displays now instead of the new products every two days.

Besides, every week the same products were being rotated.

Connie Berg
    http://www.flamingoworld.com

Wonder who's affiliate code it was?

Chris

----------------------------
    <FONT SIZE=1>ezDatafeed.com - Merchants - Give your affiliates your datafeed outside the networks, without cost to the affiliate. Check out ezDatafeed.com for more information.
    Scriptsforyoursite.com - Featuring datafeed import scripts for Backcountry Store, Coldwater Creek, Mondera.com and many more.....</font>

Yeah, its pretty clear that they're sucking overall, but I think this last move was just shady.

Its one thing to make mistakes. But if I don't feel like I can trust a company, why risk not getting paid.

I'm still owed a couple grand by EveryCD... ;-)
    (5 years ago)

BTW, if affiliate programs (like foot locker) turn YOU down, what the hell is wrong with the system? ;-)

Mike

Mike Jacobs

www.webmogul.com

> Wonder who's affiliate code it was?

Trust me, I've wondered the same thing.

Maybe a tech employee on his way out of the company. Wait, its that CEO who just resigned!

Check his bank account in the Cayman Islands.

I also tell myself that I wish I knew the guys who weren't going to pay before they didn't pay.

Are the signs hitting me in the face?

Did I read correctly that they didn't pay their abestweb bill?

Mike Jacobs

www.webmogul.com

ABW Ambassador
    <BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Wonder who's affiliate code it was?<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

As far as I know, merchants usually are assigned a code of their own, and they usually test with this code. I seriously doubt that another affiliate got your commissions. Instead, they were credited to Overstock.com's account. While this hurts you, it definitely doesn't help some sneaky affiliate that slipped his code in your e-mail.

Still, unless I specifically see my LinkShare code in the URL, I always pull the code out of the LS interface.

Michael

Problem was, this was a script. I definitely saw my affiliate code in the language of the script, but, when the script was run (the page was displayed in a browser), a DIFFERENT affiliate code showed up in the links in the script-generated HTML...

Mike Jacobs

www.webmogul.com

Affiliate Manager
    I'm sorry to say this is the first I've heard of this. I apologize and will make sure this is resolved ASAP.

Can you please email me your LinkShare username and any details you can provide? I'll make sure we credit your affiliate account immediately for any loss this caused you.

Many thanks,

Shawn Schwegman
    CTO, VP Sales & Marketing
    Overstock.com
    801-947-3119
    shawn@overstock.com

Your team has known about this since the beginning of July.

I e-mailed you yesterday directly at the e-mail in your sig...

Mike Jacobs

www.webmogul.com

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by mikeyjake:
    Did I read correctly that they didn't pay their abestweb bill?
    <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Yes Mike, they stiffed ABW out of $500.

<font size="2" face="Verdana">Haiko

The secret of success is constancy of purpose. ~ Disraeli
    </font></p>

The lesson to be learn here is not get the links they send you through email.

This happen to me before and since then I just get the links through Linkshare or any other Network!

------------------------------
    What does the COC stand for? Crooks Overwriting Commissions.
    Don't worry! Tracking is infected!
    Love Life to the fullest. we only get ONE chance! :-) !

ABW Ambassador
    Affiliates were sold down the river in so many ways with OS it aint funny! It seems the saga continues for those that have stuck with them.

I see where even Ecom made a statement that he sold his stock. Not sure if it was all of it or just some but - my oh my. Ecom dumping shares of OS now there's a testimony.

===============================
    PeePee merchants with PooPoo policies allow our earnings to be flushed down the crapper.

Why give parasites unlimited cookie durations and credit for sales where they divert our users and overwrite our cookies. PP merchants directly support what many consider unfair trade practices and thievery!

geez $500. They stiffed abw out of $500. Overstock that is unacceptable. well I'm not going to bothering partnering with a company that does not pay what they owe! Unacceptable!

xtremeshopping.org: making a difference all over the world!

Affiliate Manager
    Haiko, this is the first I've ever heard about the $500 you are referring to. If we owe you $500, then I will gladly pay it. Feel free to contact me to discuss this and we'll go from there.

mikeyjake - I received your email and we are working on it. Expect a reply shortly. Thanks for the email.

Thanks,

Shawn Schwegman
    CTO, VP Sales & Marketing
    Overstock.com
    801-947-3119
    shawn@overstock.com

Defender of Truth, Justice and the Affiliate Way
    It amazes me how frequently it is always "the first time" Shawn is hearing about something that has been ongoing for awhile. I do know that the thing about them not paying ABW has been mentioned here on the boards. Truly astonding that a multi million dollar company can't pay a $500 bill. Shoot they could us those commissions saved from the faulty coding to cover the cost.

I'm curious if OS, once they were aware of a problem with the coding they sent out, if they followed up with another email to all affs informing them and stating the correct (commissions being tracked) code should be replaced with the code from LS? I wonder just how many affs were hit by this. While Shawn is looking into Mike's email, what about other aff who have this code up? Nothing like some free sales through affiliates.

It's Your Money. You earned it. What are you going to do to make sure you get to keep it?

ABW Ambassador
    It history repeats itself, I smell a promotion coming up for next month to make up lost revenues.

PeePee merchants with PooPoo policies allow our earnings to be flushed down the crapper.

Why give parasites unlimited cookie durations and credit for sales where they divert our users and overwrite our cookies. PP merchants directly support what many consider unfair trade practices and thievery!

2005 Linkshare Golden Link Award Winner  ecomcity's Avatar
    I could stand another OS monthly bonus contest. Maybe they have muzzled all their favorite TopMoxie powered Dupers and have read here about the new generation of B-a-HO charity scammers. The contest could be titled "We are Parasite Free" ...at last!

Mike & Charlie ...

If they won't adopt and feed a bird ..flip them one! BBQ some Gator and remember to flush WhenU..

"Truly astonding that a multi million dollar company can't pay a $500 bill."

I think Shawn just said he would pay the bill.

Fred

<font face=verdana size=1 color=43639C>You might just be a Parasite if..."You can't schedule a family reunion until after the parole board meets"</font>

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Shawn@Overstock.com:
    Haiko, this is the first I've ever heard about the $500 you are referring to. If we owe you $500, then I will gladly pay it. Feel free to contact me to discuss this and we'll go from there.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Schwegman,

On May 7, 2003 I wrote:
    <BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Shawn,

Do you want to renew the forum for another year? If so, is an invoice or CC better for payment ?

Continued Success,

Haiko
    Haiko@abestweb.com
    ============================
    http://www.abestweb.com
    8,700++ members are not wrong!
    <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Then on May 8th I wrote...

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Shawn,

The current rates are $2K for the forum and $750 for the mass mailing, I'll can do the renew and mass mailing for $2K

Continued Success,

Haiko
    Haiko@abestweb.com

----- Original Message -----
    To: Haiko
    Sent: Thursday, May 08, 2003 10:50 AM
    Subject: RE: renewal of forum

How much? Also, I’d like to send an email to all ABW members. Is that possible?

-----Original Message-----
    Sent: Wednesday, May 07, 2003 3:47 PM
    To: Shawn Schwegman
    Subject: renewal of forum

Shawn,

Do you want to renew the forum for another year? If so, is an invoice or CC better for payment ?

Continued Success,

Haiko
    Haiko@abestweb.com
    <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Then there were a slew of ShopatHomeSelect messages going back and forth with JP Werlin (not gone from Overstock [at that time]... I wonder why!) messages

and then on June 20th I wrote JP ...

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>From: "Haiko" <haiko@abestweb.com>
    To: "JP Werlin" <Jwerlin@overstock.com>
    Subject: forum fee
    Date: Fri, 20 Jun 2003 17:18:28 -0400
    MIME-Version: 1.0
    Content-Type: multipart/mixed;
    boundary="----=_NextPart_000_17E3_01C3374F.F6ECBD40"
    X-Priority: 3
    X-MSMail-Priority: Normal
    X-Mailer: Microsoft Outlook Express 6.00.2800.1158
    X-MimeOLE: Produced By Microsoft MimeOLE V6.00.2800.1165

This is a multi-part message in MIME format.

------=_NextPart_000_17E3_01C3374F.F6ECBD40
    Content-Type: multipart/alternative;
    boundary="----=_NextPart_001_17E4_01C3374F.F6ECBD40"

------=_NextPart_001_17E4_01C3374F.F6ECBD40
    Content-Type: text/plain;
    charset="iso-8859-1"
    Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable

$2,000/12=3D 166
    166X3=3D $498

Thank you.

Continued Success,

Haiko
    Haiko@abestweb.com
    <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Then I get an email from you, that I answer ...

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Animosity? I didn't get the feeling that it was temporary from JP or you, just clarifying for members.

Continued Success,

Haiko
    Haiko@abestweb.com
    9,200++ members are not wrong!

CONFIDENTIAL AND PROPRIETARY INFORMATION OF ABESTWEB(TM) (C) 2003 ABestWeb(TM). All rights reserved. This work contains information that is confidential and proprietary information to ABestWeb(TM). Removal of this notice, and use, examination, disclosure, transfer, and copying of all or part of this work are prohibited, except with the express written consent of ABestWeb(TM).

To: ABestWeb™
    Sent: Saturday, June 21, 2003 3:28 AM
    Subject: RE: New Reply by Haiko - Re: "Where did the Overstock Forum go?"

Why the animosity, Haiko? This saddens me…

Shawn Schwegman
    VP, Sales & Marketing
    Overstock.com
    801-947-3119
    shawn@overstock.com
    <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Then I get an email from Adam...
    <BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Adam,

Username is Haiko

Thank you.

Haiko
    Haiko@abestweb.com
    9,200++ members are not wrong!

To: haiko@abestweb.com
    Sent: Monday, June 23, 2003 12:06 PM
    Subject: LS Username

Haiko,

Could you send me your username for LinkShare so I can credit you what we owe?

Thanks,

Adam Barrett
    abarrett@overstock.com<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Then ...

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>No, you never did pay for the months owed.

Continued Success,

Haiko
    Haiko@abestweb.com
    =================================
    9,500++ affiliate members are not wrong!
    =================================

To: Haiko
    Sent: Wednesday, July 23, 2003 10:23 AM
    Subject: RE: Re-opened forum

Since we are back on ABW, can you place a link to the Overstock forum under the LinkShare area?

Also, do we owe you anything? I know we have paid for the forum up through a month or so ago. Do we owe you anything going forward?

Thanks,

Shawn Schwegman
    VP, Sales & Marketing
    Overstock.com
    Direct = 801-947-3119
    shawn@overstock.com

-----Original Message-----
    Sent: Tuesday, July 22, 2003 8:43 PM
    To: Shawn Schwegman; Haiko
    Subject: Re-opened forum

Here's a web page on ABestWeb(tm) that you may be interested in reading:

http://abw.infopop.cc/6/ubb.x?q=Y&a=...9&m=8336015873

Here are the messages I thought you'd be interested in:

----------------------------------------

Subject: Re-opened forum
    Author: Haiko
    Date Posted: July 22, 2003

<font size="2" face="Verdana">Haiko_

The secret of success is constancy of purpose. ~ Disraeli_</font></p>

----------------------------------------
    End of message(s)

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

We are sick of your lies!

</font></p>

[removed profanity]

[This message was edited by Haiko on September 04, 2003 at 12:34 PM.]

ABW Ambassador
    No more smoke and mirrors or double talk allowed here I guess. I'll can only follow that by saying - "Incredible".

Haiko

I am mainly saddened, but also a little annoyed and disgusted by that post of yours.

I doubt you would allow it from anyone else, I don't see why we should be expected to accept it from you.

How can any of us expect others to treat us professionally if we do not behave professionally towards them?

--------------
    Are you Crazy?

I'm reminded of this regarding professionalism

What does the COC stand for? Crooks Overwriting Commissions.
    Don't worry! Tracking is infected!
    Love Life to the fullest. we only get ONE chance! :-) !

Nova - if by that you think I meant that I didn't like what Haiko said and therefore classed it as unprofessional, thats not really what I was referring to.

Pay me money you're my friend, don't pay me money I no love you anymore and call you bad names. That's unprofessional.

Building a case on selective email quoting, playing out what should be private business in public. Those are unprofessional.

Having dual standards. That's unprofessional.

--------------
    Are you Crazy?

ABW Ambassador
    The most unprofessional part of that exchange was them not paying their bill.

CrazyGuy,

You were right about the profanity, I edited that out and I apologize, once again to anyone who took offense to that.

The emails were not "selectively quoted" as you put it, they were the actual and progressive correspondence between OS and myself. Only emails with confidential information regarding ShopatHome were omitted. Regarding your accusation of a dual standard ... I think everyone knows what I think and have thought about Shawn and OS for quite some time, my "overzealous" post last night was because I had had enough of his lies and trying to smoke screen everyone again ... no dual standard there!

</font></p>

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast