Has anyone been getting email from Macy's trying to get you to sign up for their program? At first, I was all cheered that I was being courted...until I went to look at what they pay. Now, I'm kind of insulted. There's no way I'm promoting a company that maxes out at 5%.

Anyone else get one of these emails?

I joined up a long time ago, but last I looked they didn't have individual product links so it was pointless.

Yeah, there's no point without direct product links. I have no interest in sending people to the homepage of any company, defeating the purpose of specific marketing.

I applied to Macy's and to my amazement was declined. Fortunately, I discovered that they have a store at Amazon, and this works out much better. At Amazon I can make direct product links. I can earn a 2.5% bonus for those links on top of the 6% range I'm in for a total of 8.5%.

This sure beats Macy's 4% and no product links. And Amazon is probably charging them 15%. Sure glad they didn't approve me.

Action Jackson - King of the World
    hmm they do have a product datafeed so product links aren't a problem. And they do convert.

Yes, but they didn't approve me. I have no other option. The way I look at it, it's their loss ... literally. Now they're paying 15% to Amazon for every sale I make.

If they had approved me, I would have promoted them. I joined another merchant at Linkshare at 4%. Within three months they called me on the phone to let me know I was one of their top 5 affiliates. They upped me to 7% and pay additional bonuses for making certain sale levels.

I'm not about to waste my time trying to prove to Macy's I'm worthy of being one of their affiliates. They snubbed me, so now they can pay for it.

Jackson992 wrote
    hmm they do have a product datafeed so product links aren't a problem. And they do convert.
    Is the datafeed through Linkshare or directly through Macy's?

marcelle

The datafeed is through Linkshare merchandiser. It does convert, but their low commission rate doesn't help much. I get sales for them from time to time thanks to the datafeed.

- Scott
    Hatred stirs up strife, But love covers all transgressions.

ABW Ambassador
    You can go to the Macy's site right through the LS interface and get individual product links - actually the best way, imho. I wish they all had that available.

I've had automatic turn-downs by others, but got accepted by Macy's, which I assume was after someone took a look - it wasn't automatic. I'm wondering what their criteria are. Could it have something to do with site design, or how the targeting is done on the site?

Snib wrote
    The datafeed is through Linkshare merchandiser. It does convert, but their low commission rate doesn't help much. I get sales for them from time to time thanks to the datafeed.
    I agree, Everytime I try to promote them I end up losing money because of their low commissions.

marcelle

11. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread