My web provider uses a firewall to block all outgoing calls. They need an exception list of IPs to get around it. Can someone provide the IP address for the datafeed site so I can get around it?

Still hoping for a reply...

Have you tried contacting linkshare directly? Might have a better chance of getting an answer that way..

When you signed up for the merchandiser program they should have given you all the info you need. The contact info should be included.

I have always gotten quick responses from them that way.

Action Jackson - King of the World
    I just signed up for the merchandiser program but this ip thing is new to me. I looked it up with a tool so hopefully that's what they are looking for, but what do they use it for?

Jack Mitchell
    http://kattskozykorner.com
    http://clothing-to-go.com
    http://sports-to-go.com

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Connie Berg:
    Have you tried contacting linkshare directly?<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>I did. Silence.

That's going to be a real pain long term if you're planning to use data feeds. How are you going to transfer them all to your server if not by ftp, wget etc?

One of the reasons for using names rather than IPs is so that the physical home of the site can be moved without having to trouble clients etc.

You could ping the ftp name and it should return an IP address, but you can't assume that's always where it will be.

--------------
    Are you Crazy?

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by CrazyGuyâ„¢:
    That's going to be a real pain long term if you're planning to use data feeds. How are you going to transfer them all to your server if not by ftp, wget etc?

One of the reasons for using names rather than IPs is so that the physical home of the site can be moved without having to trouble clients etc.
    <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>Hey I'm with you on this one. My stupid ISP (Infinology) claims they need IP addresses and that it may not be possible at all. Which eliminates the whole XMLHttp server object which is a standard way of grabbing external XML. I'm not happy, but I signed up for a year with them last month so I'm stuck.

FTP per se doesn't require a user's IP to log in. Most other merchant data feed FTP's I've used rely solely on an ID and PW (sometimes generic, sometimes unique). Linkshare's FTP setup seems to rely on an IP-based *access condition overtop the ID and PW condition. Seems kinda goofy - out of sync with general practice, unworkable except for those working 24/7/365 thru a dedicated line.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by A.K. Burditt:
    FTP per se doesn't require a user's IP to log in. Most other merchant data feed FTP's I've used rely solely on an ID and PW (sometimes generic, sometimes unique). Linkshare's FTP setup seems to rely on an IP-based *access condition overtop the ID and PW condition. Seems kinda goofy - out of sync with general practice, unworkable except for those working 24/7/365 thru a dedicated line.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>Again, I agree with you. A uname and pword is perfectly satisfactory to secure my name address, commissions, and social security number. But nooo, we must have IP authentication along with that to secure a bunch of tab delimited text files. Silly and a pain the arse.

It's a major pain when you rarely access if from you home machine for development work and the 3 day wait for the stupid IP request makes you look bad when quoting a job to a potental new customer.

Chris

----------------------------
    <FONT SIZE=1>ezDatafeed.com - Merchants - Give your affiliates your datafeed outside the networks, without cost to the affiliate. Check out ezDatafeed.com for more information.
    Scriptsforyoursite.com - Featuring datafeed import scripts for Backcountry Store, Coldwater Creek, Mondera.com and many more.....</font>

Hey Steele,

I sent you a pm regarding this.

Hope it helps.

HD

Has anyone had any luck with getting an exception? They seem to be pretty strict about it.

13. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread