Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Undergear.com 320 clicks... NO Sales
    Lovefife.com 245 clicks... NO Sales

Anyone else seeing the same? Seems I should have had at least one sale.

"Bueller...? Bueller...?"

This seems to be happening with quite a few people. At this far into the month I don't think it can be late reporting, so we have to look elsewhere for the cause. Bad link codes perhaps, or even worse still, parasites?

I was about to say that I too, was skunked this month -- then I saw a 1 cent commission from DriversEd (Talk about tough to convert - send a lot of traffic to these folks and this was the first conversion, a 15 cent sale. what sells for 15 cents?)

Anyway, my lack of sales for LS is unusual for us. I even manage a sale or two from Fields on occasion. Guess it could be related to bad links sent in the emails.

Paul K. Gjenvick, Webmaster, Gjenvick-Gjønvik Archives

Same thing happening here... Commissions are down 60% this month.. Could be people are broke and only browsing for what they wish they could buy??

Well, Linkshare is good for me this month with all the clearance sales.
    Not as good as last month, but better than the same time period last year.

I don't think under 500 clicks is enough clicks to judge them by. And if you are comparing to last month you can't really expect it to be as good.

My sales seem down quite a bit too, not that they were ever that high, but click-thoughs seem ok. Different merchants though. It seems things are taking longer to ship and so are showing up later in Linkshare. At least I think/hope that's part of the problem.

ABW Ambassador
    Actually this is my best LS month ever thanks in part to a $5000 Nordstrom sale, hope that sticks The 2 merchants at the start of the thread, i haven't had much luck with either.

I work in lounge pants

Trust:

Are you implying that a big sale doesn't have a good chance of sticking?

say it isn't so!

[/ END SARCASM]

Our experience with Linkshare remains the same as it has over the past year or so - poor conversions. Before I get flamed for that - - let me say that I'm not blaming the network. It's likely the combination of merchants we're using and the way we're using them.

Trust - good luck with the Nordstrom's sale.

Karl Smith >>> phillyBurbs - Your Internet Starts Here
    ---------
    Beware Parasiteware! It is stealing your money! >>> click here to learn more

This has been the worst month ever with LS. I'm too embarrassed to even say how many sales I've made this month - it's that bad!! . Until I get to the bottom of this strange phenomenon I'm not promoting anymore LS merchants for the time being. It's almost as though my sales are not tracking or something worse is going on! On the other hand CJ, as always, is converting well for me.

ABW Ambassador
    Thanks Karl, i hope it sticks, was a little shocked logging in and seeing $250 commission from them, then checking all the stuff that person bought, they went with the credit card.

I would try different LS merchants if you're having problems. Really, i see no difference at all with what network a merchant belongs to. With all networks i have great converting merchants and poor converting ones. It's the merchant that's important not so much the network and the way you promote them.

Trust:

Agreed - it took a while for me to get it through my head, but it's not the network.

But with our limited success with AM, it's tough to get past the lack of consolidated checks with Linkshare. With CJ, SaS or AF, we can experiment with a mix of merchants and offers to see what works. Even if we only make a few sales, we'll actually see the money. If we followed that practice with Linkshare, we could end up with a bunch of sales (from an array of merchants) but nothing to show for it.

Karl Smith >>> phillyBurbs - Your Internet Starts Here
    ---------
    Beware Parasiteware! It is stealing your money! >>> click here to learn more

ABW Ambassador
    Good point. I wish they would have consolidated checks, it would only grow the network even more, with more people trying out LS merchants, they have a lot of nice big brand merchants.

Come on Stephen, consolidated checks, more money for LS merchants and LS

I work in lounge pants

Life is Supposed to be Fun! Rexanne's Avatar
    I always find it amazing that SOME people actually DO make sales with Linkshare merchants.

I have been plugging away at this affiliate game for more than six years. Linkshare merchants have never ever paid off for me while CJ and Amazon rack up sales consistantly. I am slowly replacing all LS merchant links with similar (albeit sometimes not as name-worthy) merchant links from other networks. Seems LS doesn't have one merchant that I can honestly say has been "good." I would love to say what I really want about LS merchants but it seems others DO make money with their merchants so I'll refrain. :-) While we're on the subject, BeFree merchant conversions have been even more shockingly lacking. I sent one merchant more than 1500 clicks in December without one sale ... go figure. Yep, they're no longer on my site. What else can we do?

Rexanne
    http://www.rexanne.com

No problems here with Linkshare this month, but last month it was slow. Still did pretty good, Did get some sales.

freedom, it's not freedom till you build a business model where you can leave and the commissions will still be there. :0).

Merchants! As long as you are partnered with <a href="http://abw.infopop.cc/6/ubb.x?a=cfrm&s=548608979&f=591608789"target="_blank">parasiteware<a> you will not be listed on my site.

Hi Rexanne
    I went to your site listed above and according to "the Cards of Life" I'm a lowly 6 of clubs.

Any idea what that means?

Latest Survey Results show that 85% of snowblowers are sold to lonely snowmen...

Oops, just saw where how I'm supposed to find out.

Latest Survey Results show that 85% of snowblowers are sold to lonely snowmen...

ABW Ambassador
    So far this month (knock on wood) has been my best month ever both for total sales and total commissions with Linkshare. No complaints here.

Hi,

Just saw that there were comments made on this post but never received a notification. Sorry!

Six of Clubs is a great card, Seedy! All cards are good, some are higher or lower in the deck but each card just offers us different learning patterns. Lest I go off on a metaphysical tangent, I'll stick to the question. ;-)

Clubs rule the mind, therefore, you are probably attracted to intellectual pursuits and matters of the mind as in psychology, education, etc. Six is a carefree card, likes to party and enjoys social outings and people. Six's are considered 'charming'. :-) So, you most likely love to be among groups of people who stimulate your intellect.

A complete reading gives details of each card and encompasses a life line as well, which gives specific aspects for your card at different intervals in your life. It's very interesting.

I would love to develop an affiliate program for the Cards of Life. Just doesn't fit with the rest of my site and I know there is a lot of potential for others to make money with these readings, too. One of these days ... I have way too many projects going at all times. One day I should focus, huh? ;-)

BTW, my Linkshare sales have always been stupid and continue to be. *sigh*

Rexanne

LOL

My earnings are probably pitifully low by most people's standards, but LS is the ONLY network I'm having any luck with at all.

(Made some indy sales as well in December)

I started a year ago by promoting two LS merchants and later in the year added other LS merchants (no sales from the new ones so far) and started promoting CJ merchants, but what with the search engines killing my sites stone dead at regular intervals and CJ pulling the plug on me for not generating any sales, so I had to start from scratch with them, I'm failing to even get off the ground and send any traffic to CJ.

(No animals were harmed during the making of this avatar.)

http and a telephoto
    The only Linkshare programs I made money with left, one without paying!

I should be making a ton of money with PetCo and didn't have a single sale when they were with Peformics and still am not with them at Linkshare....

I shoud add that I JUST started working with some of the merchants that are represented here and hope to see Linkshare income grow, but like someone else pointed out, it is the individual program, not the network.

Deborah Carney
    Link up!
    Submit your sites, if you fit the criteria
    http://coolcraftsites.com/directory
    http://coolpetsites.com/petlinks

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by steveinid:
    Undergear.com 320 clicks... NO Sales
    Lovefife.com 245 clicks... NO Sales<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>It really depends on the merchant, but that's typically not enough traffic to tell. Here are some of my stats (merchants and varying time frames not included) from Linkshare merchants:

The Good

230 clicks... 73 orders, $316.49 in commissions
    2732 clicks... 37 orders, $469.37 in commissions
    92 clicks... 32 orders, $288.96 in commissions
    396 clicks... 63 orders, $507.02 in commissions
    371 clicks... 24 orders, $188.42 in commissions

The Bad

1488 clicks... 7 orders, $58.02 in commissions
    445 clicks... 6 orders, $16.25 in commissions

The Ugly

265 clicks... 1 order, $0.56 in commissions
    292 clicks... NO Sales
    1538 clicks... 1 order, $1.99 in commissions.
    1099 clicks... 5 orders, $19 in commissions.

I'm not going to name the merchants or specify the time frames that I listed. I'm just pointing out that different merchants (on the same network) perform differently.

Your job as an affiliate is to find which merchants work for you and promote them more. You normally can't tell after 200 or 300 clicks. Sometimes you can, but often it takes 1000 or 2000 clicks to see.

Michael Coley
    Amazing-Bargains.com

Michael,

Thank you for posting your LS stats. As I'm seeing it, no matter what network, it certainly IS the merchant. What the question then becomes is:

How can an affiliate send an individual merchant thousands of visitors without registering ONE sale, or maybe one for a commission of a dollar and change? This has happened to me many, many times over the course of my online business. It's maddening, especially considering specific merchants are necessary for my site, and many of these merchants are the biggest corporate merchants on the planet.

It seems that we cannot rely on the integrity of all established online merchants. Any merchant affiliated with one of the larger networks (LinkShare, Commission Junction, BeFree, etc.) should have a track record of specific sales per click. There should be a way the networks can monitor sales through their tracking to assure affiliates their rightful sales commissions and not have to rely on merchant sales figures.

Once again, lamenting the 'Wild, Wild West' mentality of the Internet ... :-)

Rexanne

To a large degree, it has to do with qualified, targeted traffic. That's why some affiliates can generate 10 times the conversion ratio of the average affiliate in the same program.

Another major factor is the price of the merchandise. In general, the more expensive something is, the lower the conversion ratio will be. You can see a 5-10% (or higher) conversion ratio with extremely low-ticket items, but you're lucky to see a 0.1% conversion ratio with extremely high-ticket items.

Some things just aren't easy to sell online.

Some merchant sites are just poorly designed or unprofessional looking. My mom built a site to sell drop-shipped merchandise last year. The products were cute and well priced. She got thousands of visitors to the site. But she never sold a single item.

Some merchant sites are built to increase their brand awareness and in-store sales, and not so much to generate online sales.

I think merchant fraud is actually very rare. I'm sure it happens with some merchants, but I think the overwhelming majority of affiliate programs are run honestly.

Michael Coley
    Amazing-Bargains.com

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR> I think merchant fraud is actually very rare. I'm sure it happens with some merchants, but I think the overwhelming majority of affiliate programs are run honestly.
    <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Thanks for the laugh, I needed that coz my hormones sure are kicking in earlier!

What does the COC stand for? Crooks Overwriting Commissions.
    Don't worry! Tracking is infected!
    Love Life to the fullest. we only get ONE chance! :-)

ABW Ambassador
    I agree, i think the majority of affiliate programs are run honestly. It's to their benefit if they are. Most producing affiliates aren't going to work with merchants where they think there is any fraud, poor conversions, high reversal rates etc.

[This message was edited by TrustNo1® on February 22, 2004 at 11:19 AM.]

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast