I want to find merchants with a specific kind of product and thought I would try LS. But, the only search is by merchant name. How the heck is that supposed to tell me what merchants carry "whippletrees"? That directory is about as helpful as snot on a doorknob. I would have to go to multitudinous categories and then visit each merchant site looking for one kind of product. Is there an easier way?

Mr.Merchant, if you do business in any way what-so-ever with parasites, your products will not be sold on my sites!!
    Affiliates, before you use CJ merchants, Read This! Comments are to be interpreted as opinion unless otherwise noted.

ABW Ambassador
    Not being able to see which merchants offer advanced url linking and product linking beforehand has always been a sore spot at LS. But I have found if I like a merchant, I apply and then, if approved, I go to see if they offer the advanced capabilities. If not, it is just as easy to drop that merchant from your affiliations. I know it's lame, but so is trying for a change there . . .
    <BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR> That directory is about as helpful as snot on a doorknob. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Brian
    aka Cyclone

Entreprenuer is French for a person who cannot hold a job~!

Yep, that's another "opportunity for improvement" at Linkshare.

Michael Coley
    Amazing-Bargains.com

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR> Yep, that's another "opportunity for improvement" at Linkshare<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

One of many, IMHO ...

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR> directory is about as helpful as snot on a doorknob. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

@ Ssanf: Your command of the language is impressive.

Karl Smith >>> phillyBurbs - Your Internet Starts Here
    ---------
    Beware Parasiteware! It is stealing your money! >>> click here to learn more

ABW Ambassador
    Unfortunately you do have to do a lot of digging and sifting.

Fortunately, by doing this digging and sifting, you gain a competitive advantage over folks (like me) who don't like to spend a lot of time digging and sifting.

Dig and sift.

------------------------------
    "It be's dat way sumtimes." ~ Coco B. Ware

Resident Genius and Staunch Capitalist Leader's Avatar
    Try just looking for the item on Google, paying special attention to affiliate sites, and then tracking down where the aff links are coming from. After all, if there's an aff. link there's a program... It may or may not be at Snare but usually a good examination of the listings will show almost every program there is for a certain product.

Of course, there are exceptions. I recently looked under a certain (SAS) merchant's name and saw that I'm apparently the ONLY one even mentioning it (besides them)!! Not sure whether to be glad for the lack of competition...or if the lack of promo from other sites is because everybody else thinks they suck!

~Cheapskate merchants need not apply

duplicate, sorry

[This message was edited by SSanf on February 23, 2004 at 12:24 PM.]

OK, thanks for the insight. Those "whippletrees" just went way down on the to-do list.
    Actually, I will probably re-apply to a non-LS merchant that I wasn't too keen on using. Atleast, I know they have "whippletrees". I can't spend forever on this. Time is money.

Mr.Merchant, if you do business in any way what-so-ever with parasites, your products will not be sold on my sites!!
    Affiliates, before you use CJ merchants, Read This! Comments are to be interpreted as opinion unless otherwise noted.

If you are actually looking for a "whippletree" or "swingletree" - you might try Lehmans. They used to be a CJ, but not sure if they still are. They have a lot of old timey farming things.

Ebudae

If you understand, things are just as they are...
    if you do not understand, things are just as they are.

Outsourced Program Manager Chris -  AMWSO's Avatar
    Yes basically the only way to find products (prior to sign up) by Merchant is Leaders approach, or sign up for loads of merchants in the category you suspect "whippletrees" or potentially "swingletrees" to be sold in...then visit each new merchant to search their Product Listings (if they have one) or scour their site and use the Custom Linking to create the links. Or... pop over to Akiva's PSC see which Linkshare merchants are listed, check out the products there and then sign up...actuallty the later seems to be likely to be the easiest...if Akiva has marked the Merchants by Network (i think he has?)

Yes definite "opportunity for growth" here.

Cheers

Chris

<font size="1"> Web Studio-1 Solutions.
    http://www.webstudio-1.com

Low Threshold : High Return Days : Excellent Support : 100% Parasite Free
    Mondera.com - Netmagazines.com - KegWorks.com - Left On Main - Pierced Body
    DriveWerks.com - DeluxeGrills.com - Irish Photo Shop - Vegas Experts

<FONT COLOR=red size="1"> A little learning is a dangerous thing; drink deep, or taste not the Pierian spring: there shallow draughts intoxicate the brain, and drinking largely sobers us again. Alexander Pope </font></font>

11. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread