ABW Ambassador
    First when did computers4sure become an office depot company? We were dropped from office depot, but I don't think i ever even promoted them so thats fine, but I wonder if they are going to rely more on c4sure for their online presence?

I noticed the name change while searching around for an external drive. Found this odditiy in pricing.

Maxtor Personal Storage 5000DV
    Linked from my simon $209.99:
    http://www.computers4sure.com/produc...d=874&adid=874

Linked using an affiliate link or cnet's myshopper $229:
    http://www.computers4sure.com/produc...ductid=1445106

Confusing because i thought cnet owned mysimon. But sucky for the rest of us. I hate sites that have dynamic pricing like this.

Chet

Retired Member
    That reminds me of Commodore Computer. They used to have hundreds of Commodore computer stores. The stores paid $300 wholesale for a computer and sold it for $599.

Then Toys R Us and K-mart started selling the same computer for $199. Less then what Commodore was charging it's retail stores.

All of commodore's retail stores quickly went out of business and no one uses commodore computers anymore.

Retired Member

ABW Ambassador
    Actually commodore was killed by a patent covering the blinking cursor. They refused to pay the settlement (as the amiga wasn't doing so well) and were not allowed to ship any products into the united states.

Retired Member
    <BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Chez Noir:
    Actually commodore was killed by a patent covering the blinking cursor.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

That came later after they were well on their way downhill.

Retired Member

Those 2 links lead to different products. One is 160GB the other is 200GB. As for Computer4sure and Office Depot being one that happened in 2001.

July 9, 2001: 4SURE.com, Inc.
    Office Depot Announces Acquisition of Computers4Sure.com And Solutions4Sure.com

ABW Ambassador
    Doh! I did the search on the product id, one comes up with one, one the other. Odd.

Thanks

Chet

ABW Ambassador
    Well one of my real questions with this merger is this...if a user clicks through on an OfficeDepot link and buys something from the techdepot store (a technology product) which is servered by and actually transports you to TechDepot...do we still get commission?

I would guess no, but no one knows....?

2005 Linkshare Golden Link Award Winner  ecomcity's Avatar
    I inquired about this many times after the buyout of C4 and launch of TechDepot with no response. Silence on this issue of sister sites not honoring each others referral cookies reeks of the BF/LS Dell twin programs not paying when visitors cross that invisible line.

Mike & Charlie ...

If they won't adopt and feed a bird ..flip them one! BBQ some Gator and remember to flush WhenU..

Computers4SURE became part of Office Depot back in July 2001. 4SURE.com operates as the technology division of Office Depot, and their Affiliate Program, which includes both Computers4SURE and Tech Depot, is actually separate from Office Depot's Aff Program, with the exception that if a user clicks through to an OD link, and goes to Tech Depot from the OD site, then Tech Depot gets that sale and commissions the affiliate who drove that sale to the site.

Hope this clears up some confusion about the relationship between Office Depot and Computers4SURE & Tech Depot.

ABW Ambassador
    jdukes - so are you saying that affiliates do in fact get credit when a visitor clicks through and OfficeDepot link and buys something at TechDepot????

Yes, this is what I have been told by Office Depot.

Do Office Depot, Computers4SURE, Tech Depot share the same data? If yes, I guess I apply for only one.

2005 Linkshare Golden Link Award Winner  ecomcity's Avatar
    Hardly a clear explaination. The only way you get a referral credit is if your shopper goes to each one of those 3 sites from YOUR page. Sales credits require 3 seperate cookies to be active and hopefully this outfit, with three seperate sites, programs & seperate shopping carts do not set house cookies on inter-site links. Unless they increase return day cookies to 30 days for each seperate program I'll not showcase them.

Mike & Charlie ...

"Payment is one option that isn't negotiable. Merchants require it for purchases ...SO DO WE."

14. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread