ABW Ambassador
    I just spent a lot of time making some links for products on my site, and I've noticed that when I log in, my impressions stay the same at 48, and my clicks stay at 1. It doesn't matter how many times I click or go to the site.

Could my code be wrong? I am using a text link and a graphic for each item.

Each graphic had a little dot next to it that I deleted. Is that the 1x1 pixel for tracking impressions that I read about at Linkshare?

Also, this is something I really don't understand, but is my username supposed to match the click?id= on the links. They don't, but they are both 10 digits (actually, the one on the links might have 11, and it does match what the links in the signup e-mail that I received after signing up... but not my user id) and a varied combination of numbers and letters.

Please help if you can. I'm kind of new to this, and it's going to drive me nuts. I'd rather redo all the links than have it not function, but I'm hoping to know the answer before I go through all of that.

Thanks!

LS stats are updated overnite, I think. Tomorrow you will see your impressions and clicks

Web_Novice
    "Should I encounter a moment of clarity, I hope to have it recorded in these journals."

if you don't use the exact html code for the link, you won't necessarily see the impressions count the next day. better to use the whole code until you're sure of yourself.

some of the merchants apparently post new numbers to LS certain times of the day or night, but you should check your stats the following day to be sure.

_____
    I earned something? Who screwed up?

ABW Ambassador
    Thanks guys... I feel better now. After I check them tomorrow, I might go in and redo the links anyway since I took out that little dot (it looked like it was throwing my text off a bit ). Maybe adding it was important, dunno. Either way, it's good to know it takes a little to update.

At least most of the links are from a different network and not many need to be changed. It's a crummy feeling to finally have it done and wonder if it's working right. But thank God it's done.

Thanks for the quick reply!

5. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread