Just got this.. #3 (parasiteware related) what's your opinion?

Dear xxx ,

Please be advised that we have amended the Affiliate Program Agreement for the 800-FLOWERS.COM, INC.
    affiliate program. The new Agreement is posted on the Company's website at http://affiliate.1800flowers.com/
    legal.htm. It is important that you fully read this Agreement as there are numerous changes to the prior
    Agreement.

PLEASE BE FURTHER ADVISED THAT YOUR CONTINUED PARTICIPATION IN THE AFFILIATE PROGRAM CONSTITUTES YOUR
    BINDING AND LEGALLY ENFORCEABLE AGREEMENT AND ACCEPTANCE TO THE NEW AFFILIATE PROGRAM AGREEMENT AND ALL OF
    ITS TERMS.

Below is a brief summary of certain of the changes. However, it is imperative that you read the entire
    agreement:

1. Bidding on Trademarks and Service Marks: Affiliates are not permitted to bid on the 1-800-FLOWERS.COM
    trademarks, service marks, which include without limitation, 1800FLOWERS and 800FLOWERS, and any other
    variation thereof on any search engine or otherwise. See also Section 7 of the new Agreement and other
    provisions thereof dealing with the Company's trademarks and service marks. Of course, affiliates will be
    able to bid on other key terms such as "Flowers", "Florists", "Roses", "Birthday gifts", etc.

2. CAN-SPAM ACT: Affiliates will fully comply with all federal, state, and local laws, rules and
    regulations applicable to Privacy and the sending of unsolicited commercial emails (SPAM), telemarketing,
    direct mail and other communications to consumers and other third parties.

3. SOFTWARE APPLICATIONS:
    Affiliates, in utilizing software applications (e.g. TopMoxie etc) will comply with all provisions of the
    LinkShare Affiliate Agreement, the LinkShare Affiliate Agreement Addendum, and the 1-800-FLOWERS.COM
    Affiliate Agreement. Affiliates will ensure that any such application does not overwrite, and/or redirect
    URLs generated through other tracking systems including , but not limited to, the LinkShare system and/ or
    containing "lynksynergy.com".

Affiliates will only receive credit for those transactions generated by users after clicking the software
    applications messaging window on the user's screen.

To assist all of our affiliates, we are implementing new marketing tools through our relationship with
    LinkShare:

1. Newsletters and e-mails for your customer base guidelines
    1-800-FLOWERS.COM has developed re-distribution e-mails that you can in turn send to your customers. Your
    personal affiliate ID (tracking SID) is added for tracking purposes. All you need to do is format and send.
    These e-mails are available once a month and the affiliate team at 1-800-FLOWERS.COM sends them out via e-
    mail to the affiliate e-mail address provided in your account information. To view an example click here:
    http://affiliate.1800flowers.com/newsletter/redist.html
    Of course, you must fully comply with all laws, rules and regulations regarding Spam and Privacy.

2. DataFeed-LinkShare Merchandiser
    We have implemented the LinkShare Merchandiser. We strongly encourage you to utilize this feature as it
    will enable you to have the most updated and best selling products from 1-800-FLOWERS.COM. The Merchandiser
    is accessible through your LinkShare account. To sign up, send an email to Email merchandiser-
    a@LinkShare.com to start receiving our feed

3. Dynamic Rich Media
    The 1-800-FLOWERS.COM affiliate team is creatomg Dynamic Rich Media banners. This will enable us to update
    and change our art work and product images to the most current and top performing creative. This feature
    will be accessible through your LinkShare account soon.

Thank you for your cooperation. Please do not hesitate to contact us if you have any questions or concerns.

Very truly yours,
    800-FLOWERS.COM, INC.

Jason-<a href="http://www.xtremeshopping.org">xtremeshopping.org ecommerce community<a>

I would tell them to stick it Jason. We have proved so often that these bloody programs can be switched on and off.

Gordon YouTrek.com
    <font color=red size="1">All parasites are scumbags and should be treated as such....</font><font color=blue size="1">STAMP EM OUT!!!</font>

Resident Genius and Staunch Capitalist Leader's Avatar
    <BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR> Affiliates will ensure that any such application does not overwrite, and/or redirect
    URLs generated through other tracking systems including , but not limited to, the LinkShare system and/ or
    containing "lynksynergy.com".

Affiliates will only receive credit for those transactions generated by users after clicking the software
    applications messaging window on the user's screen.
    <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

It's a start. But I notice that there's nothing mentioned about popping on competitor's sites or even their own site in order to lure people into clicking.

So the para has to get a "click," but the terms don't seem to restrict where the para can appear in order to entice the user into making that click.

I haven't read that LS Addendum in ages so I'm not sure whether that document forbids them from popping in the aforementioned manner.

I would suspect that they're so willing to prohibit auto-cookie setting because they figure most people who have an app installed will just go ahead and click the link to get a rebate/reward.

~Cheapskate merchants need not apply

Too little, too late, Jason. There's not enough glue in this to make it stick. As Leader pointed out, where are the parasites "allowed" to pop up? What tactics can they use to "encourage" or "remind" their users to click through them for rewards?

I say write them back and tell them "Thanks, but no thanks. I'm tired of not being paid my fair share for the traffic I send to you. You expect to be paid when flowers are ordered, I expect to be paid for the traffic I send you that places an order. No exceptions!"

Andy

They also need to specifically have eBates TURN OFF the mo-money program. If they don't insist that it be turned off, then other affiliate traffic will still get pops if they are still doing business with eBates. The pops are considered to be in compliance with LS COC.

Web_Novice
    "Should I encounter a moment of clarity, I hope to have it recorded in these journals."

Millionaire on training wheels Justdoit's Avatar
    Too little too late.. I yanked them off my sites a long time ago, there are others out there that convert much better..

It is never too late to be what you might have been.

I haven't placed links on my site yet for them, I'm not planning to, I replied to there letter, I will post there reply here... if I get one :0).

Jason-<a href="http://www.xtremeshopping.org">xtremeshopping.org ecommerce community<a>

ABW Ambassador
    Hmmm..Let's see now, Valentines Day is over, so if we start being in compliance now, hmmm... how many days until Mother's Day orders start? A little over 60 days maybe? Hmmm....

Wayne

in business, timing is everything,hey?

Web_Novice
    "Should I encounter a moment of clarity, I hope to have it recorded in these journals."

10. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread