Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
    ABW Ambassador
    Scheduled site downtime June 27, 28 for product launch. Just posted on site

[This message was edited by TrustNo1® on June 24, 2003 at 09:34 PM.]

I'm confused...CJ's alert first says there is a scheduled downtime, then the next line says it is complete and reporting delayed.
    quote:
    Scheduled site downtime June 27, 28 for product launch. Read more.
    Product launch complete; reporting temporarily delayed. Read more.

Of course, if you click on it you get the real story, but sounds like both announcements are similiar.

Come on CJ, who puts these alerts together? Can't someone proof them before you put them up to see how they sound to us?

Ron - 7 Days A Week Marketing

If money is your hope for independence you will never have it. The only real security that a man will have in this world is a reserve of knowledge, experience, and ability.
    --Henry Ford

Well, evidently some of the 120 employees really do read our posts here like Todd says....someone just pulled the second announcement off of their homepage.

In that case, "Hello everyone at CJ!" Nice to know you all are with us here, if only in spirit sometimes.

If money is your hope for independence you will never have it. The only real security that a man will have in this world is a reserve of knowledge, experience, and ability.
    --Henry Ford

Wow, even Todd is here tonight!

Hi Todd!

--Henry Ford

ABW Ambassador
    Todd, any changes you can let us know about. I think you mentioned fixing the host problem thing(kazaa) if i remember correctly. That would be good.

"Nothing focuses the mind better than the constant sight of a competitor who wants to wipe you off the map."
    --Wayne Calloway

I'd like a more specific answer from CJ on what's going on. One would think that after all the complaints about the last upgrade, they would have made a better attempt at communicating....

Oh, Brother! Here we go again. Prepare for a few low sales days as always.

The Wolf Credo: Respect the elders. Teach the young. Cooperate with the pack. Play when you can. Hunt when you must. Rest in between. Share your affections. Voice your feelings. Leave your mark.

quote:
    Originally posted by sweat:
    I'd like a more specific answer from CJ on what's going on. One would think that after all the complaints about the last upgrade, they would have made a better attempt at communicating....

If you have read any of my posts, you will have gathered that affiliate communication is not CJ's thing.

I would be greatly surprised if we hear what it is all about. Todd popped in here last week and dropped a lot of hints one night, but no real details. I expect that is all we will get.

--Henry Ford

And just when things were going so well. I knew it was too good to be true!

Jason
    “I get on my knees and pray, we don’t get fooled again!” – Who said that? I said that!

quote:

Todd, any changes you can let us know about. I think you mentioned fixing the host problem thing(kazaa) if i remember correctly. That would be good.
    This is a publisher specific release. Improvements to "get links" functionality, improvements to performance reporting, and a new functionality that provides payment history and reconcilliation (details by advertiser for each payment).

We did a press release last week - click here to read it.

Todd Crawford
    Commission Junction

FYI - the random sub domain feature designed to address the hosts file issue has been delayed a few weeks due to some other technical considerations that must be done prior to its release.

Todd Crawford
    Commission Junction

It reads like your new focus is on spammers.

What the heck IS "responsible email practices" according to CJ? From all I can tell, it is spam the heck out of any working e-mail address you can get no matter how you get it. Tell whiners that they MUST have done some action at some time to opt in to your list (Stupid people, all we have to do is tell them that they just don't remember...hee, hee.) If not, "opps our mistake". "Here, you can opt out." But, if you do opt out, we will sell your email address to another list as a verified working email address so that thousands more can spam you.

Oh frabjus day. CJ is making it easier for spammers. I guess, I will be getting spam from every single merchant and every single spammer who joins CJ. So will you.

quote:
    To facilitate a growing number of email marketers, Commission Junction has also created a new email link type that enables publishers to locate CPA offers created specifically for email campaigns and track their results along with the other advertisers and ads they promote. This feature complements the recently announced partnership with Topica, a leader in email publishing solutions, to promote responsible email practices.

The Wolf Credo: Respect the elders. Teach the young. Cooperate with the pack. Play when you can. Hunt when you must. Rest in between. Share your affections. Voice your feelings. Leave your mark.

Todd

When the random sub domain feature is rolled out, will data feeds also have this feature applied to the links.

Brilliant news if they did.

quote:

Todd,

I should note have to constantly monitor the ABW board to see a link to PR about a change CJ is making. If CJ sent out a PR, then a link to that PR should in the notice about network downtime.

Better yet, send out an email to every publisher on your network. I check my CJ email regularly and never once saw this.

I agree sweat. Let's see if CJ "lives and learns".

Jason
    Affiliate Manager
    www.foreclosurenet.net
    CJ/25%/120/unlimited partners@foreclosurenet.net
    (561)995-7550 ext 207

quote:
    Originally posted by sweat:
    quote:

Todd,

I should note have to constantly monitor the ABW board to see a link to PR about a change CJ is making. If CJ sent out a PR, then a link to that PR should in the notice about network downtime.

Better yet, send out an email to every publisher on your network. I check my CJ email regularly and never once saw this.

I have to agree too.

Communication, Communication, Communication...

I keep saying it but it is not sinking in. Just how much time would it have taken for someone at CJ to send that PR to us? We keep feeling like we are not important enough for you to do the simple little things...like keeping us filled in.

I sure hoped you listened to us when you made the changes for the next upgrade.

When I think of parasites I think of this: "Good people do not need laws to tell them to act responsibly, while bad people will find a way around the laws."
    - Plato (427-347 B.C.)

quote:
    Another added enhancement of the publisher initiative provides publishers with comprehensive payment status information, resulting in more up-to-date account information and better account management. Publishers can closely track income from high-performing advertisers and identify relationships that may need revaluation or adjustments.

...closely track income from high-performing advertisers and identify relationships that may need revaluation or adjustments.

Does this mean we will finally be able to see what products are selling? Because that is what we have been asking for.

When I think of parasites I think of this: "Good people do not need laws to tell them to act responsibly, while bad people will find a way around the laws."
    - Plato (427-347 B.C.)

Uh, Todd...I'm reluctant to ask this, but...the update so far sounds good. You've told us what's being added...

...but are you taking anything away? The last few updates from CJ were mostly about what was missing when CJ came back up. Do I need to stock up on Tylenol, Rolaids, and various other assorted medicinal remedies for this one???

Andy

ABW Ambassador
    quote:
    FYI - the random sub domain feature designed to address the hosts file issue has been delayed a few weeks due to some other technical considerations that must be done prior to its release.

Do we have to change our existing links once it is rolled out, in order to have the random sub domain feature?

To my knowledge there are no negative features in the upcoming release (that is how we descibe removing features that were already there).

Related to the sub domin feature - old links will still work, so you do not need to change any links you currently use but it is advisable to update them with the randon sub domains so they will be uneffected by the hosts file issue.

I assume (and do not plan to make an "ass" out of "u" and "me") that the product links will also provide randon sub domains.

That's all for now folks!

Thanks,

Todd Crawford
    Commission Junction

He never answers my questions...

...closely track income from high-performing advertisers and identify relationships that may need revaluation or adjustments.

Does this mean we will finally be able to see what products are selling? Because that is what we have been asking for.

- Plato (427-347 B.C.)

ABW Ambassador
    How does the CJ Spider fit into all of this? It seems like Todd said it would be explained in July. Well, that's on Tuesday. Any comment? I see the spider crawling my sites right now.

Michael

Ron,

As far as I know, CJ will not allow you to see what products are selling in this upgrade. Todd is referring to the new payment detail feature that will break out all your payments by advertiser in one quick report. You will be able to generate that report by clicking on your balance.

Akiva Bergstrom
    Affiliate Partner Manager
    EssentialApparel.com
    CJ/6%/120 days/Datafeed/Parasite free
    Email: akiva@essentialapparel.com
    Phone: 973.696.6200 ext 751
    > Join now! <
    SportsFanfare.com
    CJ/10%/120 days/Datafeed/Parasite free
    Email: akiva@sportsfanfare.com
    AIM: akivabergs
    > Join now! <

Thanks Akiva. I was hoping maybe Todd might answer my question, but glad someone with some inside information about CJ can answer it for me.

Still, it sounds like this upgrade will not be doing the one thing so many of us have been asking....let us know what products are selling. How can I optimize my site if I don't know what products are moving during the year.

- Plato (427-347 B.C.)

ABW Ambassador
    quote:
    Originally posted by ToddCrawford, CJ.com:
    ... Improvements to "get links" functionality, improvements to performance reporting, and a new functionality that provides payment history and reconcilliation (details by advertiser for each payment).
    Todd Crawford
    Commission Junction
    I'm impressed!
    I'll reserve my compliments however until I see the changes.

As for the press release, this is what I don't like
    quote:
    The new solution gives publishers the capability to display their unique business models and promotional methods to advertisers.
    Are you kidding me? That would be like knocking my own head with a hammer. ouch ouch.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast