My sales have been down significantly the last week or so. I am suspicious because this is around the time that I put in the new search boxes. Anyone else notice any strange trends?

i have the same problem...

And, that's the bottom line because it's my2cents!

My sales have dropped significantly as well since the 4th which is when I changed to the new boxes. I bet the tracking is messed up. We need this resolved ASAP, not just going forward but restate the previous days transactions. I am loosing lot of money and am wondering if I should take them off my site.

Hi All,

This is definitely top on my list. Which search boxes are you all using?

Thanks,
    Blagica
    (blah-gee-tsa)
    affiliates@orbitz.com

2005 Linkshare Golden Link Award Winner  ecomcity's Avatar
    ROLMAO ..."This is definitely top on my list. Which search boxes are you all using?"

can we assume they're the ones you put there?

Mike & Charlie ...

If they won't adopt and feed a bird ..flip them one! BBQ some Gator and remember to flush WhenU..

No one looses money, it just goes in someone elses pocket.

Hi EcomCity.com,

No need to be snippy. I'm just asking if there is a particular size you are using. We added a FLIGHTS_HOTEL functionality in all search boxes for you. I don't know if the Linkshare code is falling off at that point. If it is, I will work with the developer to put the old ones back in. I appreciate the heads-up. We put the NEW boxes out to be in line with the box on our site. If needed, we can revert back.

Overall, we are working to get this program to the levels it should be at. Did you notice the latest change? We are paying $12 for the Merchant hotel category...anything with the OrbitzSaver icon. Be sure to opt in to offer 52.1.

Thanks All,

Blagica

Correction:

52.2 not 52.1

Blagica-

I've been using:

4) 2004 Air Only Search Box
    6) 2004 240x438 Search Box

Blagica,

Glad to hear you guys are working on this reporting problem. Please let us know when you expect to have this problem resolved. We are loosing significant amount of money every day and were wondering if we should take down the orbitz links.

Also, wanted to make sure you will be able to update the transaction volume since the start of the problem (3rd or 4th of this month I believe). It is very important that you are able to do so (or prorate using past data).

Looking forward to a prompt resolution to this situation. Thanks!

Morning Everbody,

I just spoke to my developer and we will change the search boxes BACK to:

-Flights/Hotel/Car tabs. No Flights_Hotel tab

-No calendar, up to 9 passengers or expand flight search options. The less code I found, the better for you and conversions.

-Same blue background color/theme

-We will be adding a smaller ad unit similar to what is in the current TRAVEL section of nyt.com. This should accommodate many of your requests for smaller/button-like boxes.

I should have these up by COB today.

Blagica
    affiliates@orbitz.com

Hi,

We should be all set. The previous search boxes are back, in addition to a nice, smaller unit to fit along those right-hand navigation bars.
    <LI>2004 184x300 MultiSearch Box (ID - 1760) NEW
    <LI>2004 240x438 Search Box (ID - 1698)
    <LI>2004 302x265 Search Box (ID - 1707)
    <LI>2004 728x103 Search Box (ID - 1697)

Thanks for your patience. Let me know if you continue having issues.

Blagica-

Blagica,
    Thanks for your response re: the new search boxes not working. I noticed that you did not mention anything about restating sales.

If the search boxes were not tracking properly shouldn't we get compensated for lost sales?

ABW Ambassador
    I'm going to forward this to Blagica and ask her to respond. Hopefully she will post on Monday.

How have everyone's sales been going over the past week? I, too, have seen a decline in my Orbitz sales while my site traffic is up a fairly significant amount. I had previously communicated this directly to Blagica when we went four consecutive days earlier this month with no airline ticket sales. We had no searchboxes on our site at that time, so this issue isn't just related to searchboxes.

Blagica told me that their sales were very robust so it certainly raises a red flag that affiliate sales are down.

Something just doesn't add up here. There have been several times in the past when Orbitz sales were not tracking and/or reporting. I'm confident that has happened again this month and we affiliates deserve a thorough investigation and compensation for the Orbitz business we are generating.

Thanks Snowman for forwarding our thread. Let's give Blagica a chance to respond early next week.

I definitely think that something strange is going on with Orbitz tracking. My conversion rate was over 3% in January - it is running at 0.6% in February.

If this issue is not resolved by the end of next week I am taking my Orbitz links down. This is not something I want do as they have been a good merchant partner in the past, but the economics are not working out right now.

Hello? Anyone out there? Any news on this item?

I will have a complete note on our findings and what we are doing by Thursday.

Blagica-

Good Morning Everyone,

First, thanks for your patience as we added more bells and whistles to our program. To recap the events of these last two weeks:

<LI>We added a 4th sku, Merchant Hotels (OrbitzSavers) to the mix. $12 payout. If you didn’t opt into this new offer right away, the system placed all of you in the NEW Baseline, 52.2.
    <LI>We added new search boxes with flights_hotel functionality, but found it wasn’t working for many of you.
    <LI>We then “stripped” those boxes of the combined flights_hotel functionality, along with removing the Expand Flight Options and Up to 9 Travelers options.
    <LI>We tested these search boxes and confirmed your Affiliate Ids and transactions were being counted.

Moving forward:

<LI>Please go ahead and download those search boxes, they work.
    <LI>We will go through these last weeks and assess possible lost transactions and credit those to valid accounts.
    <LI>I know the different names seem confusing of the boxes. I added NEW boxes in, versus replacing the code. In time, I will clean out the boxes that aren’t used, but the (2) 240s, for example, are the exact same code.
    <LI>We are adding more resources to this channel to continue digging into any issues you have and proving that our site, its products and our program, quite frankly, rocks.

I will be out of the office Friday – Wednesday. Should you have any questions, most of you know my direct line or just email affiliates@orbitz.com

Thanks Everyone,

Blagica
    (blah-gee-tsa)

ABW Ambassador
    I would like to ask all Orbitz affiliates reading this if you had any airline ticket sales after 4:30 a.m. on 2/12 and before 9:00 p.m. on 2/16 that came from buttons, banners or text links, NOT from any searchbox.

The times I'm referring to are GMT which is how Linkshare reports.

Snowman,
    I wanted to help you out but I couldn't figure out how to cross-tab the link type reports with the product success reports.

Let me know which report to use and I will run it against my data for this period.

ABW Ambassador
    Good point, tomslick. Now that I think about it, I don't think there is a way to do that. While this wouldn't be an exact determination, did you have any airline ticket sales at all during that period of time and if so then you can check the Link Type Report and see which links converted on those days that you had airline ticket sales.

Also, I've had no hotel sales again since 2:47 a.m. on 2/27 which is really 2/26 since Linkshare reports in GMT. Have you?

Snowman,
    I ran my reports and I did have some sales from text links between 2/12 and 2/16. In fact, there were twice as many from text links than search boxes.

Regarding your second concern, I too had zero hotel sales from 2/26 forward. It was not until 3/2 that any show up. This is strange because I super-feature the hotel product and it usually does really well.

Have you heard anything back from Blagica about compensating us for lost sales in February? If we don't credited in some way I am in the hole big-time on ad cost.

Tomslick,

What site do you represent?

Thanks,
    Blagica-

Hi Blagica,

Any update on

"We will go through these last weeks and assess possible lost transactions and credit those to valid accounts."

Thanks!

25. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread