Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Hi everyone,

I am new to this field and hope you can answer my question. From January to February 22nd, this is my results:

Click-Throughs = 2,262
    # of Orders = 13

Question - is this results normal? What is your everage?

I read some where that Dell Home everage is 1,400 clicks per order. Can some one share your experience.

Thanks

ABW Ambassador
    I think some crazy person with a bird posted he got 1 sale for every 1400 clicks. Just checked my stats from Jan 1 2003 - present and converting at 1 sale for every 23 clicks. The use of promotions/coupons help.

I work in lounge pants

ABW Ambassador
    13 for 2,262 still aint bad.

If somebody's going to buy a Dell, they're going to buy a Dell. So regardless of conversion stats, cookie duration issues, etc., you may as well put their links where you can and give them the opportunity to pay you for a sale they are going to get with or without you.

As far as the guy with the 1-in-1,400 ratio; I guess his shoppers must have been savvy enough to keep shopping until they came across a good coupon deal.

------------------------------
    "It be's dat way sumtimes." ~ Coco B. Ware

I'm averaging 1 sale per 48 clicks with them this month.

Michael Coley
    Amazing-Bargains.com

ABW Ambassador
    1 in 48 here too (for 2004 to date).

ABW Ambassador
    One thing to remember is the cookie duration for Dell Home, which I believe is one day or session. Obviously this is a pretty low number, with competitors such as Gateway at 14 days, etc. They convert on targetted traffic, but don't spend any money getting traffic to them as it won't pay off for the low return which is 1% commission (and the 1 return day).

Of course, it also depends on how your site is geared...computer / electronics sites are going to convert much better

Interesting... I just looked at my YTD conversions with Dell Home and Gateway. 1 sale in 44 clicks for Dell Home and 1 sale in 68 clicks for Gateway. Just goes to show that return days aren't everything.

Also, the 1% at Dell Home is just a base rate. Higher sales put you into higher tiers. The tiers are ridiculously high, though.

Michael Coley
    Amazing-Bargains.com

2005 Linkshare Golden Link Award Winner  ecomcity's Avatar
    The crazy guy with the Bird sure isn't going to treat Dell with a steady flow of traffic from all my computer shopper pages. They get a trickle of traffic now and any sales made will be considered unexpected "blue birds".

Merchant Name Impressions Click-Throughs C/I(%) # of Orders # of Items # of Items Canceled O/C(%) Sales($) Commissions($)
    Dell Home Systems 25,405 126 0.50% 0 0 0 0.00% $0.00 $0.00

I sure don't want to feed the Dell couponers and all their BHO partners. Let me put it this way. If Dell refuses to post here and on any other affiliate board, pay monthly, and hire an affiliate manager who isn't a Ad Agency intern I'll give them back some traffic.

Mike & Charlie ...

"Payment is one option that isn't negotiable. Merchants require it for purchases ...SO DO WE."

ABW Ambassador
    Mike perhaps a fresh approach would be of great benefit to you and Chuckie.

ecoupcity.com is available. Get it while you can

EParrotPoop.com is available, too. Anyone want to do a parody site?

Michael Coley
    Amazing-Bargains.com

ABW Ambassador
    I thought mike's site was a parody of an affiliate site.

Chet

ABW Ambassador
    No, each individual page of his site is a parody of another complete 30 to 40 page site.

2,554 86
    Clicks / Sales

1 sale for every 17 clicks here for Feb.
    1 for 19 for the year so far.

Thanks you guys and gals. I take one of those cheap domains and throwup the typical lame affiliate 1 page directory page with all merchant and category links auto setting merchant cookies with blind redirects to folks like Dell. Then use PPCSE Ads spoofing Dell.com URL and target those oh so well known dell brand names and trademarks. The monkey running Dell's program will never even notice and I'll be another Dell winner patiently awaiting payment.

Mike & Charlie ...

"Payment is one option that isn't negotiable. Merchants require it for purchases ...SO DO WE."

What are you talking about Mike?
    I play straight and fair with Dell, just feature their weekly deals once a week on my homepage and the sales roll in.

Not talking about you Connie or any couponer. I'm just commenting on how I can easily spoof Dell.com in the PPCSE's and auto set cookies and work off their trademarks. The diversion king will never catch on and I'll finally see some checks from Dell where I do no actual work in promoting them. I'll use a new account like so many others are doing as they accept anything that breaths.

Mike & Charlie ...

ABW Ambassador
    As has been shown here by all the stats (except one person's), Dell is pretty easy to sell. You don't have to do tricks for clicks or any of that other stuff.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by jimbo2002:
    As has been shown here by all the stats (except one person's), Dell is pretty easy to sell. You don't have to do tricks for clicks or any of that other stuff.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Nah, 1 in 50 for me. $0.18 average commission per click.

That is WAY behind a bunch of other merchants.

Plain and simple, their commissions are lousy...

Mike

Mike Jacobs

--------------------------------------
    WebMogul - Online Marketing that Works
    www.webmogul.com
    --------------------------------------

ABW Ambassador
    Ya I agree, someone needs to learn how to count....there is more than one person here suggesting conversion rates are low. It is closer to 50/50....

ABW Ambassador
    <BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR> Ya I agree, someone needs to learn how to count....there is more than one person here suggesting conversion rates are low. It is closer to 50/50.... <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

I just rechecked.

Of those revealing their stats:

7 had good conversion rates (sales to clicks, not earnings per click though).

1 had a poor rate.

And Mike doesn't count.

So the potential is there - the program could really attract serious effort from their affiliates if they did something about the commission rate.

You newbees weren't pushing 200 clicks a day to Dell during the early years to understand ...without some incent hook... Dell doesn't sell on that session only cookie. I refuse after seeing 1/1800 conversion ratios year after year to BF and LS Dell programs to showcase them.

Have at it, but don't expect me the dance with the chimps running those slow pay programs.

Mike & Charlie ...

ABW Ambassador
    Count people, count....
    3 Neutal
    4 Positive conversion rates per click
    4 Negative conversion rates per click

Like I said, and I'll say it again. It is a pretty even debate. It is hard to believe someone would want to make it so one sided when clearly there is an even mix. Take off the blinders and at least be open to both sides.

I'm not sure where's you're drawing the line on a good conversion ratio, but it looked like most people were reporting 1/20 to 1/50 which I think is great for that category. The original poster was 1/200 (which is a below average, but not awful).

Mike was the only one I saw with awful conversions, and his numbers are somewhat dubious. One person quoted Mike as having 1/1400. Mike said 1/1800, but then backed it up with stats showing 126 clicks and no sales. Also, keep in mind that Mike, Charlie, and "that crazy person with a bird" are all the same affiliate.

Michael Coley
    Amazing-Bargains.com

ABW Ambassador
    Mike hasn't pushed Dell in a long time so he wouldn't know anything about the program today and also consider he can't convert with anybody. And from this thread some are doing great, some good, some not so good. So it's not Dell thats the problem, it's more the affiliate. Try another way to market them to your site visitors.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast