So you wanna make some money? Video Professor paid over $500,000 in commissions just last month and we would love to partner with you.

Video Professor offers FREE computer lessons for anyone looking for basic skills to moving ahead with advanced skills. By offering these lessons to your customers, you help them get the essential learning they need, FREE, and we'll pay you $20 for every sale. That's up to 287% commission in your pocket!

You're backed by a multi-million dollar advertising campaign that reaches millions of people nationally every single day! We've been in the computer learning business for over 17 years now. You can see our CEO & Founder John W. Scherer on TV every day of the week on CNN, MSNBC, Sci-Fi, The History Channel, The Weather Channel and more. In fact, we invest $1-2 million dollars a month in TV advertising. We also advertise in national newspapers like USA Today, the Wall Street Journal and NY Times.

Feel free to contact me if you have any questions about the Video Professor Affiliate program. I look forward to hearing from you soon!

Cindy Gerk
    Affiliate Marketing, Video Professor
    303-232-1244 ext. 104
    cgerk@videoprofessor.com
    http://www.videoprofessor.com/

2005 Linkshare Golden Link Award Winner  ecomcity's Avatar
    Please explain how something you give out free and overexpose in TV and online Ads can be monitized. 20.00 lead fee has to be generated by profit, so give us the rest of the story. Are you peddling privacy infomation to the telemarketing and direct mail companies? Are you paying 20.00 for the free learning course hoping to recover costs on subsequent purchases. How can you afford 2 million in TV Ads monthly and those infomercials because if you can't give us a hint ...we'll assume your dark marketing the info provided by our referred visitors.
    Webmaster's... Mike and Charlie

"What have you done today to put real value into a referral click...from a shoppers viewpoint!"

I certainly hope you got permission from the ABW admins to post this message, because it sure reads like an advertisement...

And last I heard, that wasn't permissible. Where should Haiko send the bill?

Andy

We are able to pay $20 for every order since most of the people that review our product, buy it and even more titles. The life value of the customer is greater than $20.

I didn't mean to be "advertisey" in my message. I just wanted to generate knowledge of our program. Where do I send my apologies?

Thank you very much for your feedback!!! You guys are the best!

A pure waste of bandwith...

I have promoted your product for 2 years with no "sales"

rotated assorted bannersm, over 100,000 exposures

I even created a stand alone website... nada,zilch... 1000's of visitors

1000's of lookers but no takers... this has brought me to the conclusion that this program is over exposed.. everyone knows the URL... so why click on my links....

BTW.. most of my traffic comes from MSN...targeted keyword "free excel lesson"

since we all know talk is cheap... let's "prove" your worth... PM me and let's talk about how to get my website to convert...

if successful...

I'll brag about ya till the cows come home...

let's see if ya got the right stuff????

Joe
    ++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
    that's my2cents, 'cuz I'm a legend in my own mind....

2005 Linkshare Golden Link Award Winner  ecomcity's Avatar
    ABWers should by now know I don't pull the wool over your eyes. Any merchant overexposed in online Ads and TV media produces zilch conversion ratios unless your a mass reach tricksters. Watch the BHO's take these guys to the cleaners and the rest just get peanuts.
    Webmaster's... Mike and Charlie

"What have you done today to put real value into a referral click...from a shoppers viewpoint!"

ABW Ambassador
    "Any merchant overexposed in online Ads and TV media produces zilch conversion ratios unless your a mass reach tricksters."

That makes no sense. Actually just the opposite. Merchants that people see on TV a lot and other media, usually convert great because they usually are big brand merchants that people trust.

Resident Genius and Staunch Capitalist Leader's Avatar
    <BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR> Any merchant overexposed in online Ads and TV media produces zilch conversion ratios unless your a mass reach tricksters. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

I've found that Trust is right when it comes to products that are massively advertised--but *can't* easily be found in stores. Those *usually* sell quite well.

On the other hand, if a well-known product IS easily available at every corner store (think grocery stores or the nearest Kmart), then it's generally a lost cause for online sales.
    There is no knowledge that is not power. ~Hemingway

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR> targeted keyword "free excel lesson" <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

freebie usually means you are not getting any buyers, just scavengers.

Actually, it doesn't say $20 per lead, it says "$20 for every sale". So, sounds like you are NOT being paid on the giveaway, only if they come back and buy more.

If this is the case, it is VERY shady that they are not up front about this.

Hey Mike!
    Thank you for asking for clarification! Video Professor pays the $20 for every customer that places an order just to review the product. Even if the customer decides they don't like the product and returns it, we still pay affiliates $20 for every customer that places an order. I hope this clarifies our payout. Hope to hear from you again!

It sounds like you're confirming the fact that affiliates are NOT paid for the free video giveaway. If that is the case, then you're program pitch is very misleading.

From Better Business Bureau

"This company offers educational CD-ROMs via television "info-mercials" and the internet. While the company maintains their product is not part of a buying-club, consumers ordering the material are required to send back a portion of their order and notify the company that they do not wish to receive further materials. If consumers do not notify the company that they do not wish to receive further materials, their credit cards will be billed approximately every 5 weeks.

Complaints are concerning sales practices. Specifically, many complainants allege receiving unauthorized merchandise and unauthorized charges to customer credit cards. Complaints also concern advertising issues. In addition, the number and type of complaints are considered unusual for the industry."

A few not so happy customers:

"I called and obtained a return number and returned the whole bundle because they charged my bank card $69.95. I still haven't seen the refund show up in my bank account."

"I ordered 1 CD and I was charged $6.95, no problem. I recently look on my bank stantemnet and I've now been charged 69.95. The problem is I haven't even received the CD, so how can I have a 10 day free trial if I haven't received anything."

"they tell you that your credit card will only be charged $6.95 and then they charge you $69.95. they send you additional product that you don't order and make it almost impossible to get a refund."

"I ordered the "free" Video Professor disk for $6.95 shipping and got billed again on credit card 7 days later for 3 more disks at
    $69.95. I got 3 more disks 3 wks later billed for another
    $69.95"

"Try My Product. What have you got to lose?

Money is what you have to lose, and a LOT of it. I tried it, with thoughts of learning about one of Microsoft's new products out, and so far have been docked almost $100.00 against the Credit Card I used for CD shipping charges only. However I have yet to even receive the specific one I ordered in the first place, on a "Free Trail Basis".

And from the Video Proffessor sites privacy policy

"We store information that we collect through cookies, log files, clear gifs, and/or third parties to create a profile of our users. A profile is stored information that we keep on individual users that details their viewing preferences. Consequently, collected information is tied to the users personally identifiable information to provide offers and improve the content of the site for the user. This profile is used to tailor a user's visit to our Web site, and to direct pertinent marketing promotions to them. We share your profile with other third parties, mostly in aggregate, but occasionally, your profile is shared together with your personally identifiable information."

hmmm

I ran Video Professor for over a year - the websponsor version.

Hundred and hundreds of targetted clicks from over 20 specific keyword PPC, my computer page, freebies page, classified ads page - ZERO Sales, Leads whatever you want to call it.

The CTR from my sites was close to 7% and still no sales.

Why should anyone run your program?

The way I see it is that if you can afford to pay millions of dollars in TV advertising, you can afford to pay a per click along with your
    bounty.

You pay 10 cents per click plus $5 per initial user - I'll send you traffic.

Based on your boast of paying out $500k per month that means you have $250,000 to pay affiliates 10 cents/click if you do things this way.

Basically all you want is free branding. Why are online affiliates NOT treated the same as anyother media. I'm sure the cable guys want money up front to run the spots.

How about you take the risk for a change.

Thank you for responding. You are right that we should certainly consider other marketing pricing and we will certianly review this for vendors that have high traffic volume. We are revamping our affiliate program and I would like to contact you this summer. Our new program will offer more to the affiliates and customers.

17. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread