Results 1 to 6 of 6
  1. #1
    Newbie
    Join Date
    January 18th, 2005
    Posts
    6
    Does anyone know of a way to download a large number of a banners at the same time from LinkShare?

    CommissionJunction lets me download up to 200 at a time from multiple companies. I use some regular expressions to import them into my database and then manage them myself. It makes things go a lot faster.

    Unfortunately, it seems that you can only view five banners at a time on LinkShare. If there is no way to do this on LinkShare's website, I'll probably end up writing some automated script that downloads them. I'd rather not do that so any suggestions someone has would be greatly appreciated.

  2. #2
    Member mikew's Avatar
    Join Date
    January 18th, 2005
    Location
    southern California
    Posts
    60
    <BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by some guy:
    Does anyone know of a way to download a large number of a banners at the same time from LinkShare?

    CommissionJunction lets me download up to 200 at a time from multiple companies. I use some regular expressions to import them into my database and then manage them myself. It makes things go a lot faster.

    Unfortunately, it seems that you can only view five banners at a time on LinkShare. If there is no way to do this on LinkShare's website, I'll probably end up writing some automated script that downloads them. I'd rather not do that so any suggestions someone has would be greatly appreciated. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

    Guy,

    You might want to check out the datafeed forum which points you towards merchants (Overstock, Driverwerks, Sierra Trading Post etc.) that provide downloadable datafeeds of all their products along with pricing, description, links, image links etc. Might be what you need.

    In addition Linkshare makes available a consolidated datafeed for all your merchants (that support it) but there's a one time set up charge of $200.

    The drawback here is that the feed includes graphics but not banners which is what you said you wanted.

  3. #3
    Member
    Join Date
    January 18th, 2005
    Posts
    53
    some guy,

    (perhaps we're related? bad joke)

    Simple answer - doesn't exist.

  4. #4
    2005 Linkshare Golden Link Award Winner  ecomcity's Avatar
    Join Date
    January 18th, 2005
    Location
    St Clair Shores MI.
    Posts
    17,328
    Thank God this short cut artist has no way to accomplish this as a means to set cookies.
    Webmaster's... Mike and Charlie

    "What have you done today to put real value into a referral click...from a shoppers viewpoint!"

  5. #5
    Newbie
    Join Date
    January 18th, 2005
    Posts
    6
    <BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by EcomCity.com:
    Thank God this short cut artist has no way to accomplish this as a means to set cookies. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

    I'm not sure if I follow what you mean. My reasons for doing this are completely innocent.

    I'm managing a substantial number of banners (&gt;500) from a substantial number of merchants (&gt;200) from six different affiliate management companies. Viewing only five banners at a time makes this very time consuming. Being able to load a list of all available banners into my database greatly simplifies things. Not only are access speeds nearly instant, but I have one interface for all of merchants and affiliate management companies. This automation lets me finish in two or three minutes what would otherwise be a one hour task.

  6. #6
    Newbie
    Join Date
    January 18th, 2005
    Posts
    6
    <BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Count DeMoney:
    You might want to check out the datafeed forum which points you towards merchants (Overstock, Driverwerks, Sierra Trading Post etc.) that provide downloadable datafeeds of all their products along with pricing, description, links, image links etc. Might be what you need.

    In addition Linkshare makes available a consolidated datafeed for all your merchants (that support it) but there's a one time set up charge of $200.

    The drawback here is that the feed includes graphics but not banners which is what you said you wanted. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

    Thanks for the suggestion. I'll check that out.

  7. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread

Similar Threads

  1. any known problems with the mass/bulk banner upload page
    By buyjewelry in forum ShareASale - SAS
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: April 18th, 2008, 11:00 AM
  2. No destination URL in link downloads?
    By Sleepless in forum Google Affiliate Network - GAN
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: November 28th, 2007, 11:27 AM
  3. Mass banner link downloads
    By jbyrne@weddingcash.com in forum ShareASale - SAS
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: March 22nd, 2004, 09:32 PM
  4. Mass banner link download
    By jbyrne@weddingcash.com in forum Google Affiliate Network - GAN
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: March 22nd, 2004, 09:30 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •