ABW Ambassador

Blah! this week just keeps getting better

interesting. am I the only one who who doesn't have a problem with merchants filing chapter 11, except kb toys is the only one I'v had on my site so far. I must be getting lucky.. Anyway another one bites the dust

Arghhh

Resident Genius and Staunch Capitalist Leader's Avatar
    Glad I didn't follow them over! They were way too much of a reversal maniac, so I had updated their links--with the Delete command.

I see their site's still up. Too bad. Having that competitor totally out of the arena would have left a lot of sales for GOOD merchants.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR> In 1990, Sure Fit was a failed leveraged buyout ~From their site <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

And in 2004 it's gone full circle.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR> In 2000, Sure Fit reinvented itself again by exploding an already established direct marketing business~From their site <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

And in 2004, they REALLY exploded it! By dropping a NUKE on it...
    There is no knowledge that is not power. ~Hemingway

2005 Linkshare Golden Link Award Winner  ecomcity's Avatar
    Another IAB/DMA member bites the dust. Pimping for the Ad Whore AM firm, running this program into the ground, gets predictable results. Would be nice to see their other list of merchant clients so you could hit the delete button.

Direct marketing advertising mindset by anyone who puts out a Catalog all seem to impload from poor conversions, BHO partnerships, bad ethics, making longevity just a dream.
    Webmaster's... Mike and Charlie

"What have you done today to put real value into a referral click...from a shoppers viewpoint!"

ABW Ambassador
    Glad I didn't follow them eithor , figures ...

Don't quote me on this, but I have this GUT feeling that Hanover Direct will be the next !

I dunno... Domestications is reporting sales again so well that's is almost suspicious ...as if they don't intend to PAY OUT .
    It's just a hunch on the sales reporting pattern that I have observed right before merchants file for bankruptcy .

I DO HOPE I'm wrong on this one , though !

If it costs you 10 cent per click and you only earn 5 cents per click, eventually you run out of capital.

What's the big deal...

I wondered how they could stay above water with an over 50% return rate (my experience anyways)...I guess they can't.

Bye Bye SureFit.

I had nothing but good luck with surefit. I made thousands of dollars and had very few sales reversed. I was not happy to see them leave CJ so I never followed them over either. Guess I'm glad I didn't but I haven't been able to find a solid replacement for them. Homevisions used to convert but they seem to have given in to Mike's Adwhores.

Not my Ad Whores...Linkshares private stable. They do have folks at LS who do work ...their internal AM folks are not in that group capable of speaking outside of IAB/DMA events.

"What have you done today to put real value into a referral click...from a shoppers viewpoint!"

Resident Genius and Staunch Capitalist Leader's Avatar
    <BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR> Homevisions used to convert but they seem to have given in to Mike's Adwhores. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

They've kept converting for me!

I guess since you got the unreversed SureFit sales, I get the HomeVisions ones!

They never converted as well as SureFit, true. But I had the same 50% surefit reversal rate that Ellen saw--so the fact that HV sales tend to stay sold helps to make up for the lower initial CR.
    There is no knowledge that is not power. ~Hemingway

If you still need to sell SF slipcovers, try Overstock. They always have lots and I have never had a sale reversed there for slipcovers... and they have them much cheaper.

Sure Fit isn't going anywhere. It's a reorganization. They're not liquidating. They'll be back to go bankrupt again in a few more years. It's just the cost of doing business as my lawyer would say.

By the time Sure-Fit's lawyer gets done billing them their inventory will be selling 50% off at Overstock or some other liquidator. Heck ..even Martha has to now come out with a discount "bare bones" line of products.

Ann-

Thanks for the tip on the slipcovers. I've been shopping for one for a long time. You're right -- Overstock has some great deals!

Karen

17. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread