Is anyone else having problems with 1800 flowers cancelling every sale. I have watched for the past 3 months that every sale I make from my site is cancelled 3 days later in my linkshare reports. This used to be a profitable merchant for me so I hate to give them up but this is getting riduculous.

2005 Linkshare Golden Link Award Winner  ecomcity's Avatar
    One of their other companies AM's is trolling the board seeking more suckers for their BHO buddies or the reversal buttons.
    Webmaster's... Mike and Charlie

"What have you done today to put real value into a referral click...from a shoppers viewpoint!"

ABW Ambassador
    You hate to give them up because they USED to be profitable?

If they won't address the issue with you then there is no hope (it would take them about 2 minutes to take a quick look at your sales let you know what happened).

Dump them, unless you are too sentimental about it.

I haven't had any problems with them.

Is it possible that you're promoting a coupon that isn't authorized for affiliates? I know a few merchants don't pay commissions on orders with unauthorized coupons.
    Michael Coley
    Amazing-Bargains.com
     Affiliate Tips | Merchant Best Practices | Affiliate Friendly? | Couponing | CPA Networks? | ABW Tips | Activating Affiliates
    "Education is the most powerful weapon which you can use to change the world." Nelson Mandela

Affiliate Manager
    ecomcity.com - I hope what I'm doing isn’t perceived as “trolling the board for new suckers” by anyone else. I’ve just begun investigating the forum not rubbing my hands together thinking of ways to scam money out of people’s pockets. I enjoy the open discussion and exchange of ideas not the questioning of intentions. Ecomcity.com if you would could you send me some info about BHO’s and actions that can be taken against them? You can start schooling the merchants one at a time starting with me.
    Joey – jporterfield2@1800flowers.com

Joey your programs might be perfectly OK, but you sign your sig as if your part of the 1-800-flowers team. No matter what I've tried in 4 years I can't get that program to show sales from targeted traffic.

Christmas sucked and I assume that's a hot selling season ....

Merchant Name Impressions Click-Throughs C/I(%) # of Orders # of Items # of Items Canceled O/C(%) Sales($) Commissions($)
    1-800-FLOWERS.COM 86,705 378 0.44% 1 1 0 0.26% $24.99 $2.00

Making my traffic equal to 1/2 cent per click is a far stretch of anyone's imagination. Care to guarantee 5 cents a click and I'll look further into the 1-800-flowers team offerings.

So you can get educated as to why no domain bound affiliate has a chance with a session only sale from 800-flowers take a look at their parnerships with BHO theftware and sleezy incent affiliates.

CleanMerchants.com - Clean Monkey's Lookin'..
    Clean Monkey's search on 800-flowers found the following infestations!
    1-15 of 15:

1. allmerch.cgi?start all

Schoolpop Home Purchases benefit: Schoolpop Giving Fund help Help Center search Register Now! Shop & Earn... ...
    Excerpt: toys education travel auto 1 800 flowers areyougame ballystore bare... toys education travel auto pick 1 800 flowers 1 800 petmeds a e stor activa... sort store catalog categories 1 800 flowers 5 0 flowers 1 800 petmeds 8 5... .
    2. Ebates: gateway to the online shopping portal - rebates, bargains, savings, cash back, incentive shopping site

Ebates has auto products, flowers, jewelry, travel, health, beauty, books, music, toys, videos, CDs, games & electronics, computers, fashion, gifts, food wine, office & business stores and more. Get cash back for shopping with your Ebates membership. ...
    Excerpt: 6 discount flowers gifts 133 1 800 flowers 6 discount food wine 60 omaha... flowers gifts international 6 1 800 flowers flowers gifts international 6 1 800... .
    3. Rebates 4 Schools: Shop online raise funds for your school

books, music, toys, videos, CDs, games & electronics, computers, fashion, gifts, food wine, office & business stores and more.Shopping on-line through Rebates4Schools is easy. With over 200 well-known high street stores and on-line shops you'll find anything you want and with so many different special offers, you'll save money as well as time.What's more, you'll be raising funds for your f ...
    Excerpt: business bureau members too 1 800 flowers usa 8 one most recognized brands e... 1 800 flowers provides a broad range thoughtful... .
    4. Funds 4 Schools: Shop online raise funds for your school

books, music, toys, videos, CDs, games & electronics, computers, fashion, gifts, food wine, office & business stores and more.Shopping on-line through Funds4Schools is easy. With over 200 well-known high street stores and on-line shops you'll find anything you want and with so many different special offers, you'll save money as well as time.What's more, you'll be raising funds for your fav ...
    Excerpt: business bureau members too 1 800 flowers usa 8 one most recognized brands e... 1 800 flowers provides a broad range thoughtful... .
    5. Funds 4 Schools: Shop online raise funds for your school

books, music, toys, videos, CDs, games & electronics, computers, fashion, gifts, food wine, office & business stores and more.Shopping on-line through Funds4Schools is easy. With over 200 well-known high street stores and on-line shops you'll find anything you want and with so many different special offers, you'll save money as well as time.What's more, you'll be raising funds for your fav ...
    6. Funds 4 Me: the shopping portal providing rebates, savings, cash back, coupons, The incentive shopping site

books, music, toys, videos, CDs, games & electronics, computers, fashion, gifts, food wine, office & business stores and more.Shopping on-line through Funds4Me is easy. With over 200 well-known high street stores and on-line shops you'll find anything you want and with so many different special offers, you'll save money as well as time.What's more, you'll be raising funds for your favourit ...
    Excerpt: too 1 800autoyes usa coupons only 1 800 flowers usa 8 one most recognized brands e... 1 800 flowers provides a broad range thoughtful... .
    7. View All Companies - All Listed Alphabetically

Upromise - The Way to Save for College | Home | Help | Login / Logout My Account How It Works... ...
    Excerpt: services restaurants dotted line 1 800 flowers 3 5 aamco transmissions 5 accent 3... dotted line 1 800 contacts 3 1 800 flowers 3 5 1 800 petmeds 8 a e history... .
    8. BuyersPort - Retailers

BuyersPort Shopping Community - an affinity program of over 400 online retailers distributing discounts and cash rewards to consumers ...
    Excerpt: 60 per lead 1 800 contacts 1 6 1 800 flowers 1 6 2 1 800 patches 4 6 1 800... .
    9. LimeWire - LiverWire Marketplace - Flowers & Gifts Category

LimeWire HOME Click to purchase LimeWire PRO... Purchase a LimeWire tshirt... SHOPPING HOME APPAREL AUCTIONS, OUTLETS & SUPERSTORES... ...
    Excerpt: outdoors toys hobbies travel shop 1 800 flowers american greetings barber bros blue... .
    10. Quicklist by Merchant

Guest Welcome to MyPoints® Earn Points Easy Points Deals and Steals Free Shipping New Merchants Simple Points Accessories Apparel Art &... ...
    Excerpt: n o p q r u v x y z a 123inkjets 1 800 flowers 1800 contacts 1 800 petmeds a e... .
    11. Box Tops for Education > Participating Stores

Home Membership Login Contact Box Tops FAQ Sitemap Coordinator Login Box Tops for Education Program Overview Box Tops Marketplace Family Fun Extra... ...
    Excerpt: 1 800 contacts 4 1 800 petmeds 6 1 800 flowers 8 a e 5 abtelectronics 1 5 activa... .
    12. ShopAtHomeSelect.com

ShopAtHomeSelect.com 1. Select your store! 2. Click to that store and shop! 3. Collect your check! Home All Stores Select Cash My Account Join FAQs... ...
    Excerpt: contacts 5 00 1 800 florals 10 00 1 800 flowers 7 00 1800mobiles 20 00 1 800... .
    13. Search Results

Search Results The following 497 sites satisfy your search criteria: 00Inkjets.com 1-800-CONTACTS 1-800-Flowers 123Inkjets.com... ...
    Excerpt: criteria 00inkjets 1 800 contacts 1 800 flowers 123inkjets 411inkjets 4yourprinter... .
    14. SchoolCash - Fundraising for Schools, PTOs, sports teams, bands, and more...

My Account Already registered? Click here Seasonal Fair Store directory > Alphabetical Listing -- Change Category -- Apparel - Kids &... ...
    Excerpt: be fulfilled giftcertificates 1 9 1 800 flowers 6 rebate 1 800 petmeds 9 rebate... .
    15. Coupons, Deals, $5 Free @ iGive.com plus FREE Shipping, Promotion Codes & Discounts!

iGive.com allows you to support any charity or worthy cause with a percentage of your online shopping. It's totally free for you and your charity. Over 440 of your favorite online stores are featured in the iGive.com Mall, where up to 26% of each purchase goes directly to your favorite cause. You can support ANY cause, including new causes that you can add to our list of over 17,000. ...
    Excerpt: 12 0 2 1 800 contacts 2 4 3 1 800 flowers 3 2 4 1 800 petmeds 4 8 5 1 800... .

Got your drop button handy and an itchy trigger finger..?

"What have you done today to put real value into a referral click...from a shoppers viewpoint!"

ABW Ambassador
    I used to do pretty well with 1800flowers, even with the low commission rates and lack of return days, but it started sliding and I gave up.

Looking at the list Mike posted, the decline is starting to make sense. I would be surprised if the average affiliate has seen an increase in conversions over the past year or two.

Affiliate Manager
    1800FLOWERS.COM is our parent company as you could tell from the email address. I checked out the three brands I manage and came out with a clean bill of health except for HearthSong. I find it hard to believe that SchoolPop and Upromise (charitable organizations) are writing programs that steal sales away from other affiliates. Not all BHO’s are evil programs, right?
    Joey – jporterfield@1800flowers.com

Not hard to equate charitable operations with out right thieves Joey. United way and the Red Cross both have cases against their CEO for stealing millions from these popular two. The CEO of United way sucked them dry for 27 years and took a huge multi-million dollar retirement bonus ...then didn't retire. Guess the Feds are going to perp walk this Turkey native for pilfering millions.

BHO's aren't charities and are further from scruitny by the average doaner. Upromise perps have a 14 year get-a-way period built into their program....

ABW Ambassador
    <BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR> I find it hard to believe that SchoolPop and Upromise (charitable organizations) are writing programs that steal sales away from other affiliates. Not all BHO’s are evil programs, right? <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Haha! So naive.

Since when are Upromise and Schoolpop "charitable organizations"? Next, you are going to tell us they are non-profits too.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by EcomCity.com:
    Merchant Name Impressions Click-Throughs C/I(%) # of Orders # of Items # of Items Canceled O/C(%) Sales($) Commissions($)
    1-800-FLOWERS.COM 86,705 378 0.44% 1 1 0 0.26% $24.99 $2.00
    <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>Well there's the problem. 0.44% Conversion Ratio? I get anywhere from a 4% to 9% conversion ratio with 1-800-Flowers.com.

You seem to have this problem with most merchants. Maybe your users just click on ANYTHING to escape your site. Targetted traffic converts.
    Michael Coley
    Amazing-Bargains.com
     Affiliate Tips | Merchant Best Practices | Affiliate Friendly? | Couponing | CPA Networks? | ABW Tips | Activating Affiliates
    "Education is the most powerful weapon which you can use to change the world." Nelson Mandela

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by JoeyP&H:
    I find it hard to believe that SchoolPop and Upromise (charitable organizations) are writing programs that steal sales away from other affiliates. Not all BHO’s are evil programs, right?
    Joey – jporterfield@1800flowers.com <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>The problem is that SchoolPop and Upromise didn't write the programs that they're using. They are written by the same company, TopMoxie. TopMoxie also provides the software for iGive and others. It's the software that is stealing cookies.

The major networks (CJ, BeFree, LinkShare, Performics) usually look the other way because sales done through BHO's are money in their pockets too. I'm afraid they're not going to give up that revenue stream very quickly. Heck, they even push the affiliates that use BHO's to the merchants that don't work with them. I had first hand experience with that and it didn't leave a good taste in my mouth.

Affiliate Manager
    School Pop and Upromise are charitable organizations. But, I do agree with ecomcity.com's statment that even companies with the best intentions have some not so saintly people behind the scenes. What I don't understand is why Upromise does not take steps to remedy the problem? They have to know that a program they are using is stealing cookies. Is there information about this outside these forums? The first time I heard about BHO's and cookie stealing was when I started poking around here.
    Joey - jporterfield2@1800flowers.com

ABW Ambassador
    <BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR> What I don't understand is why Upromise does not take steps to remedy the problem? <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

It's because you pay them not to.

How long was the software redirecting visitors that clicked on our links before ebates briefly allowed us to join an exclusion list and keep some of our earnings?

I have never had a sale reversed there... are you posting coupons? Sometimes merchants will reverse sales if you have unauth, coupons and they are pretty sticky about coupons they didn't send affiliates. My conversion rate for the last year is 7.9%.

Outsourced Program Manager Chris -  AMWSO's Avatar
    Hi Joey

Drop me a number and I'll be happy to call and chat BHOs. Got a couple of other things I want to chat about too so I'm up for a conf call. Is Prakash around (same office?), if I could get you both on the call that would be great.

Drop me a PM or email

Cheers

Chris
    Affiliate Marketing by AMWSO. Skype - chrissanderson ::: TEL 1-720-336-1784 ::: www.amwso.net
    Join our affiliate programs :Vaper Empire, Iolo, Art of Tea, or See ALL our Programs here

17. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread