ABW Ambassador
    Hi,
    I recently joined Linkshare and I have no idea how their reporting works. I put up links to a merchant yesterday and as of now they are not even mentioned in my reporting section. I was wondering if there is a 24 hour lag?

Also, I was wondering if linkshare answers questions. Since i joined a month ago, I e-mailed them four different times for help and I never heard back from them.

ABW Ambassador
    Winterpeg, the Mosquito Capital of Canada
    Some update during the day. I only have a couple that do it otherwise
    best time to check is in the morning and the day befores are there

ABW Ambassador
    Most of my LinkShare merchants update in the morning, while a few update in the evening. I usually check 2-3 times/day just because I can.

Michael

there must be at least one impression before they are shown on the report, and that usually comes the next day. view the page in question a few times one day and look for the merchant to show on the report the next day. if it doesn't show, better check the link code for accuracy.

Hi infoseeker,

I think I posted something like this a long time ago. Deja vu all over again.

Nothing is truly "real time" in LinkShare's reporting. Let me be more specific.

It seems that merchants periodically send batched transaction information to LinkShare, which would impact your orders/items/conversion/sales/commission data. This seems to happen daily for many merchants, but some update stuff less often.

LinkShare batches link activity (clickthroughs and impressions) nightly, so you'll never see impressions or clickthroughs for "today" until "tomorrow."

So, it's possible you'll see orders today, but there aren't any clicks or impressions associated with those orders.

Be aware that LinkShare operates on GMT.

For part 2 of your question, they respond best through the online chat. You have to dig through their affiliate help or the "contact us" section a bit to get to that link, though. Sorry, don't have it offhand.

Infoseeker-

Remember, too, that a lot of merchants (myself included) rely on their IS people (ahem) to post updates. Meaning, a lot of merchants don't update the weekend's sales until Monday morning. It's very frustrating for me but I need this to be done correctly and I'm trading off timeliness for accuracy.

Best of luck to you!

I've found that my data is only updated once a day. There are occasions when clickthroughs are reported but sales for the same date are reported days later.

8. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread