View Poll Results: Do you read your Linkshare email?

Voters
49. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

14 28.57%
  • No

35 71.43%
    When merchants send out emails from Linkshare they have the ability to send either internal and/or external emails. Do you read your internal Linkshare email?

Randy Ksar
    affiliates at roxio dot com
    Become a Roxio Affiliate and Earn up to 10% Commission
    Click here for more information and to join now

good Question Randy, Sometimes I do, but not that much. I mostly spend a lot of time here at abestweb merchant forums, and communicating with the merchants to see how I can improve my sales. I send them private messages frequently asking for advice on how to improve. you see abw members and merchants here believe on open communication and trust. If they are willing to help us increase conversions and they value us as affiliates as Partners(sales people) not advertisers who want free exposure. You see a lot of merchants don't understand this concept, they think this is a branding program,(banner farm) which it is not. I do not read linkshare email that much the only reasons I go into linkshare is to check my linkshare stats and if theres any private offers I go in there and change them, and of course to get links. I only go in there once in a while to see if there's any promotions for my top converting programs or those programs that I believe would benefit my customers. Randy if you want feel free to send me a private message if you have any questions about anything. I'm willing to give you my feedback...

<a href="http://www.parasiteware.com/"target="_blank">Merchants help stop Parasiteware<a>

<font size="2">All Parasiteware, site copiers, spammers, hijackers are scumbags, and should be
    sued for their actions.. <font size="2">be careful you could be the next innocent victim.

ABW Ambassador
    <BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Do you read your internal Linkshare email?<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>
    Internal Linkshare email? Well, just looked at it now for the the very first time. Hope I didn't miss anything after all this time.

Wayne

I've been an affiliate on Linkshare for almost five years now, and I never realized that they had an internal email system. Just checked it out for the first time.

Michael Coley
    Amazing-Bargains.com

All of my linkshare mail is always forwarded to my email address on my account. I do go in and delete them once in a while though.

How do you do that? I couldn't see an option to automatically forward everything--that would be very helpful.

Michael Coley
    Amazing-Bargains.com

ABW Ambassador
    Michael,

Go to the Your Account page, then choose Email Subscriptions from the menu on the left. You can then choose which merchants you want to receive mail from. It gets sent to whatever default email you have set up with LS.

I actually thought they default to receive mail and you had to uncheck them in order NOT to receive.

For some reason, virtually all of the merchants I'm active with were unchecked. The ones that were checked were (for the most part) ones I don't work with. Odd.

Thanks guys!

Michael Coley
    Amazing-Bargains.com

That system is simply a SPAM collection system.

I go in every few months and delete everything. Thre are a couple of merchants that send out SPAMs every couple of days trying to get folks to join - sad.

Your not missing ANYTHING.

Fred

Are you sure the nurses know you're using the computer?

What make me mad is some LS merchants
    just send email to the internal system.

Most other merchants send email to both (internal & my mail box ), duplicate !

For internal mail system:
    Now i do not have time to sort out which one is duplicate or not, i just delete them all.

My action do make me miss some important emails(for those merchants who just send to internal).

Now cj is doing similar thing like LS.
    Duplicate emails appear

http://8n.nu

Resident Genius and Staunch Capitalist Leader's Avatar
    LOL, on a fluke I just looked in there yesterday (before this thread was started). There were LS-mails dating back to 2002!

ALL junk! The ones that wouldn't have been junk were also sent to my personal email and/or in Chris/WSO's forum, so I had read them there.

Maybe in 2006 I'll look again...

~Cheapskate merchants need not apply

I skim through it when I have time.

------------
    Nothing here...maybe...later

I stopped reading it years ago.. JUNK MAIL

SandraR<font color="red"></font>
    <font face="Arial" size="1">ArtGoodies</font><font face="Arial" size="1"> - </font><font face="Arial" size="1">AutoGoodies</font><font face="Arial" size="1"> - </font><font face="Arial" size="1">BookGoodies</font><font face="Arial" size="1"> - </font><font face="Arial" size="1">CleanGoodies</font><font face="Arial" size="1"> - </font><font face="Arial" size="1">GameGoodies</font><font face="Arial" size="1"> - </font><font face="Arial" size="1">GiftGoodies</font><font face="Arial" size="1"> - </font><font face="Arial" size="1">PetGoodies</font><font face="Arial" size="1">
    </font><font size="1" face="Arial">| SSAN &amp; AIM: SSanAssistance | MSN &amp; Yahoo: SSan_Assistance |</font></p>

I glance at them before deleting them. Mostly new merchant announcements, and special promo type things. Merchants would do better to open a forum here and post these things. I do normally look at the offers sent from ABW, and I've saved a few for future reference as well.

Other than that, I just get too much E-mail to be able to dedicate much time to promotional type things.

Andy

Outsourced Program Manager Chris -  AMWSO's Avatar
    From a merchant perspective I can say this...send in Internal...better off saving time and putting it straight into my own trash bin...

Cheers

Chris

<font size="1">Web Studio-1 Solutions.
    MSN - Khun Kwai ::: TEL - INT +662 635 1255 ::: URL - www.amwso.com

Low Threshold : High Return Days : Excellent Support : 100% Parasite Free
    WesternUnion.com - Netmagazines.com - Mondera.com - KegWorks.com - Left On Main
    DriveWerks.com - DeluxeGrills.com - GreatSkin.com - Vegas Experts - Pierced Body
    </font>

some time a year or so ago I found their email program crashing and coming up with everything that had been posted for a couple years suddenly in my mailbox. that wasn't very conducive to my checking it regularly.

when I do I very seldom see anything I really need to see. but I do get surprised at times.

_____
    I earned something? Who screwed up?

I'd read my internal email more often if Linkshare set it up for POP3 access... I'd like to see them do this because I'm sure I miss some important emails by getting tired of viewing the hundreds of messages through their interface and therefore just deleting them all.

-Stephani

&gt;&gt;I do get surprised at times

We can post such emails (useful emails that do not go to
    pop3 mail box) to ABW,
    so all other affiliates do not miss them.

My LS mail (and mail from other affiliate programs) is sent to my e-mail address but I am contemplating having a lot of it stopped to ease the amount of messages coming in every day. I feel that a lot of merchants overdo it by sending separate messages for each promotion instead of including everything (or as much as they can) in one e-mail.

20. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread