I was just trying to add a Sensational Beginnings DRM ad, and the code I copied and paseted included a LS recruitment banner at the end. I also saw it happen with coldwater creek.

Could someone else please try doing the same thing and let me know if it happens to you, too?
    (i.e. go generate the code for a DRM, put it on a web page and see if it looks weird).

I told the SensBeg AM and he told LS, but apparently they think it's just a nut loose behind the wheel.

Bump

My DRMs I made last week still have the same problem.

New DRM I just made today had the same problem.

no response yet from LinkShare.

Has anyone else tried this? Or is there a Sensational Beginnings affiliate out there that will try it for me?

Outsourced Program Manager Chris -  AMWSO's Avatar
    Hi Ed

PM me the URL where you are using them and I'll take a look for you, we use DRMs on Mondera and have never had this problem (to the best of my knowledge), might be down to a DRM coding error... anyway I'll take a look if you like

Cheers

Chris
    Affiliate Marketing by AMWSO. Skype - chrissanderson ::: TEL 1-720-336-1784 ::: www.amwso.net
    Join our affiliate programs :Vaper Empire, Iolo, Art of Tea, or See ALL our Programs here

i've seen this with regular banners too. the recruitment banner, i think, is the default when the real banner is broken

Your problem has to do with the fact that there are 2 portions of the linking code. The first is the "script" portion, or what you see as the real sample link. The second portion is the "noscript" portion, which is just HTML for a banner. I guess that can display an LS recruitment banner.

If you don't want that banner to ever display, drop the entire "noscript" portion. Then they'll just be nothing.

Better yet, solve the problem...

Do you have scripts disabled when you're viewing your link? Enable scripts and you should see it. I've seen others have this problem with firewall programs installed on their PC's. This will also happen if you try emailing a DRM link to an Outlook recipient.

6. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread