1. There lack of updating the stats. Hmm we are missing stats for the last 3 days. Meaning thousands of clicks that should be sales. which is un-acceptable.

2. Get rid of that security code on the login form.

3. Get rid of those merchants that do not convert worth

4. How many times have we requested Direct Deposit. For heaven sakes this should be your #1 feature.

5. most of your merchants should get a lack of conversions award, Meaning several of your merchants do not convert and do not record sales. no offense, but you should get rid of the dead beat merchants that are affiliates themselves.

6. Affiliates and merchants: add your suggestions or complaints too

ABW Ambassador
    1. Yes it sucks, i don't think any of the networks have anybody working on the weekend, which i think they should. Affiliate marketing is open 24/7. Tomorrow everything will be straightened out.

2. Don't like that either, especially when it's blurry or hard to read. They should take a look at Overture, never had a problem with them.
    https://secure.overture.com/s/dtc/center/?mkt=us

3. I think most merchants convert, the trick is finding the right way to market them so they do. Remember we are Affiliate MARKETERS. What works for one might not work for another. I'm sure there are plenty of merchants i can't convert where others are doing just fine and vice versa. And there are always a few merchants whose sites are just not set up to sell or are a little shady. But i think that's a small percentage, it's more on the affiliate.

4. That would be nice.

5. See 3. Don't recall any LS merchants that are affiliates too. I know some at other networks.

6. Timely consolidated payments would be nice.

ABW Ambassador
    [3. I think most merchants convert, the trick is finding the right way to market them so they do. Remember we are Affiliate MARKETERS. What works for one might not work for another. I'm sure there are plenty of merchants i can't convert where others are doing just fine and vice versa. And there are always a few merchants whose sites are just not set up to sell or are a little shady. But i think that's a small percentage, it's more on the affiliate.]

from my perspective, Befree suffers more from low conversion and nonconverting merchants than Linkshare.

BF also has merchants that are good at reversing almost everything and there is a group of merchants there (same parent company) that very prominently display its encouragement not to buy online.

ABW Ambassador
    I get the opposite effect on both counts.

Haven't done the hard math, but without doing it I can see that the merchants I use with BF outconvert merchants I use at Linkshare and CJ by at least a 3-to-1 ratio.

And the ones that are notorious for reversals don't seem to find my account when they make the rounds (except one of them, at least).

Just goes to show ya; different pills for different ills.

suggestions better selling graphics I think they should offer affiliates graphics that will sell
    by suggesting the banners such as spring 2003 be taken down and new ones put up.
    I want to promote a new spring lineup but have very old graphics which limits me.I partner with some I'd like to push more and could probally sell more but I can't sell something that someone can't see really good details or something that says spring 2003
    I'd like to see more store front or category links just my thoughts on the subject

Some of my best converting merchants are with Linkshare. They have some of the best namebrand stores that my visitors seek.
    It all depends on how you promote them, and what kind of visitors you get on your site.

Some of you convert great with ShareASale or CJ merchants, for me they suck. To each his own.

It is not always the merchant's fault if it isn't converting for you. So many times here I read people complaining about merchants they can't do anything for, and those are 9 times out of 10 my best performing merchants.

Not all merchants will work for every site.

All the networks have crap merchants. I think CJ and Shareasale have some of the more amateur merchants. I see so many low quality merchant sites on those networks, some looking like they were made by 10 year olds.

I have found Linkshare to have a better quality merchant base overall.

I think instead of having the new login for everyone, they should have just put something in their terms of service forbidding places like Afftrack from collecting reports and make it punishible by removal of affiliates from the network if they use Afftrack for Linkshare merchants. Why make it hard for all affiliates when it is Afftrack you are trying to keep out.

Well put Connie!

ABW Ambassador
    <BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Connie Berg:
    I think instead of having the new login for everyone, they should have just put something in their terms of service forbidding places like Afftrack from collecting reports and make it punishible by removal of affiliates from the network if they use Afftrack for Linkshare merchants. Why make it hard for all affiliates when it is Afftrack you are trying to keep out. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>that is exactly what i've been trying to tell linkshare.

ABW Ambassador
    <BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Connie Berg:
    Some of my best converting merchants are with Linkshare <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>why only "some"? give us the whole picture. what is your conversion ratio ($ to clickthru) at linkshare if you include ALL their merchants that you have, and not just a few that converts?

concentrating only on the few that converts, and excluding the rest, will give us a biased data, not an objective one.

10. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread