ABW Ambassador
    On more than one occasion, we have learned that links we have obtained directly from the Linkshare interface with no modification whatsoever were not tracking. This was ultimately confirmed by the merchant.

It is Linkshare's fiduciary duty to their affiliates to insure that all links available through their interface properly track and commission.

Sarah, why aren't procedures in place at Linkshare to insure proper tracking of all links provided to affiliates?

I am posting the same message on the BeFree and CJ forums as we have had the same problems with some of their links.

15 years and counting
    Snowman, are you sure your links were not modified by one of these WYSIWYG editors like FrontPage?

ABW Ambassador
    Yes, I am 100% sure because I do not use any editor. It is a cut and paste only. And as I said, the non-tracking was confirmed by the merchant.

Let's please not allow this discussion to go off into what could have happened after the link was copied from Linkshare. I've already said the merchant confirmed that the link wasn't tracking.

In the case of Linkshare, I recently received a very nice settlement from the merchant. I can assure you this merchant would not have done what they did if they weren't absolutely certain the problem was due to no action caused by me.

ABW Ambassador LinkShare Moderator's Avatar
    Hi All -

LinkShare merchant's are obligated to maintain complete and accurate transaction files for LinkShare's tracking, as well as send us the data daily. All LinkShare merchants take the responsibility of collecting this shopping cart information on a timely basis very seriously. In addition to monitoring to make sure that we are steadily receiving transaction information, we also do periodic testing across the network. Further, we have a team that responds to lost transaction inquiries.

Because of the volume of transactions that get tracked through the Network, not surprisingly, we find out about a problem in fairly short order. On those relatively rare occasions, we can usually work with the merchant to recreate the data necessary to insure affiliates are paid.

Sarah

5. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread