Is it possible to modify a LS link to change the destination page by adding a "URL=" parameter? I can do this to CJ links, but can't get it to work for LS. I know about the advanced linking tool, but this is for Wal-Mart which has not enabled it in their account.

Thanks

I would also like to know the answer to that question. Im finding the whole linking thing really complex

I wrote to LS and their response was something like, "sorry, we don't have a way for you to do that." I wrote back and suggested that me wanting to link to more pages in their merchants sites was going to make them more money, and they may want to consider helping affiliates to do this. Their response was something like, "sorry, we don't have a way for you to do that."

I am convinced that they are not paying their customer support staff enough, because they clearly are not interested in helping LS improve their service, and thus make more money.

It's like they have given up and are content to let CJ rule the market.

Weak!

ABW Ambassador
    I have to agree, the online chat feature is wonderful but in every incidence I have used this feature I get the feeling they are simply trying to get me off of the service as quickly as possible AND there is little to no sincere interest in whatever question we may have...

This is a very simliar attitude to what you received in your email responses...Consistent, albeit poor customer service.

ABW Ambassador LinkShare Moderator's Avatar
    Hi peedtih -

LinkShare does not recommend creating links in this manner. The custom programming behind each merchant's links does not make it feasible for you to manually build links from a template. Furthermore, if you create links manually or alter linking code provided to you in your affiliate account, LinkShare cannot guarantee that that link will direct/track correctly every time.

Sarah

Of all the Networks... I find linkshare the most frustrating. Query emails go unanswered and basic linking methods found in all other networks is absent within linkshare. I can only assume your software developers have left and are now working with your competitors. Sarcasim aside, I am afraid you just lost an affiliate as your linking methods are simply outdated, restrictive and don't work in some cases. I really cant work with a network that has no flxibility. You may also like to note that as a potential merchant, I am stunned by your lack of response to your sales emails, affiliate emails, lack of FAQs and over all service. You will have to shape up to survive.

Ditto to what deeproots said. Better get your head out of the sand. Merchants and Affiliates are both served by the ability "to manually build links from a template." You have to make it easy. Merchants don't have time to mess with it, and affiliates will just use a merchant/network that makes it possible.

ABW Ambassador LinkShare Moderator's Avatar
    Hi peedtih,

I recommend taking a look at our Merchandiser program which facilitates the distribution of individual product links for a complete and dynamic inventory of a merchant's products by way of a product data feed. Merchandiser allows you to integrate individual product links on your website without having to manually create links to each product that is carried by a merchant. See your Affiliate Resource Center for details: http://www.linkshare.com/rc/merchandiser_aff.shtml

deeproots - Please feel free to contact me at abw@linkshare.com if you have not received a response to an inquiry. I will be sure to investigate the delay, as well as get your inquiry to the appropriate contact.

Thanks,
    Sarah

Thanks LinkShare Mod... you are an asset to linkshare, how ever it is a little late as we have already made our decision based on linking methods and responses to requests. I really do believe that once you get your linking methods sorted out and your response times, you will be up and out there... of course I am assuming you are prasiteware free. Thanks for your time in posting back

Outsourced Program Manager Chris -  AMWSO's Avatar
    Hi deeproots and peedtih,

While Sarah does need to state the company policy that it's not recommended and she does doa great job the forums .... There are a number of 'unsupported' ways to do it.

First though check the merchant you want to use has deeplinking active.

If they do then follow the custom links all the way to 'advanced link options". Here you can feed a file of links into Linkshare to create custom links.

By looking at how those links are created, it'll take you about...hmmm 3 seconds to work out how to do it manually or on the fly.

Or short cut all that and visit

http://partners.drivewerks.com and review the datafeeds we have there and how we create custom links. Same thing. Ultimately though if your targeted merchant does not have deep linking active then your custom link will simply go to then home page

Cheers

Chris
    Affiliate Marketing by AMWSO. Skype - chrissanderson ::: TEL 1-720-336-1784 ::: www.amwso.net
    Join our affiliate programs :Vaper Empire, Iolo, Art of Tea, or See ALL our Programs here

11. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread