ABW Ambassador
    Is there anyone willing to share information regarding Blue Nile? Are they worth promoting and do they pay on time? ANything else is appreciated too.

Thanks,
    Robin

ABW Ambassador
    My experience was they ain't great but certainly weren't the worse. Very slow on shipping items! I found one tonight where it sold on 10/17/2003 and wasnt shipped until 11/23/2003 after they left befree and guess what the comissh was on a $240 item...... $0.00

I'm have a question in to befree regarding if befree affiliates will get paid on remaining balances they were owed and at what point commish is cut off from things like noted above.

They also had a much higher reversal rate than their competitors had but when it commonly took a month to ship items they showed in stock you can expect customers to get ansi and cancel orders when they have to wait that long for something they ordered online.

They bailed out on befree affiliates with practically no notice and gave datafeed maketers no ways that they could update the merchandising datafeed affiliates had already provided for them. Two thumbs down on that topic and aspect of communications.

My suggestion - keep looking.

===================================
    Great News - we can now support ebates and pp merchants - they are cleaning up their act and I'll bet it'll be a long time before we see another clip of ebates overwriting affiliate links.

The reason for delayed payment from Blue Nile is due to a couple of factors that result from our terms with our customers.

We have a 30 day return policy for our products. In order to prevent fraud, we wait to pay commissions until this period is over. You can imagine what would happen if we paid substantial commissions on items and then had them come back, as we have no recourse at that point.

happypoon, befree affiliates will certainly be paid on all purchases made through the beginning of November -- or anyone that still carries the 30-day cookie through December.

Blue Nile sent three seperate mailings starting a month before leaving BeFree, and additionally phoned every single BeFree affiliate with valid contact information. Believe me, a LOT of work went into this transition for the benefit of our affiliates.

You can be confident that our products ship VERY quickly, if not the fastest in our industry. I honestly don't know why the commission on that $240 item showed up as $0, but I'd be happy to look into it.

I hope that if you have any questions regarding our program that you'll contact me at affiliates@bluenile.com.

ABW Ambassador
    <BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Blue Nile sent three seperate mailings starting a month before leaving BeFree, and additionally phoned every single BeFree affiliate with valid contact information. Believe me, a LOT of work went into this transition for the benefit of our affiliates.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Nobody from Blue Nile phoned me. I know that I have valid contact information

www.cjshoppingnetwork.com

ABW Ambassador
    Noboody called me and my info is correct as well.

I had what I recall as very little time to react to the change (luckily, I had made a decision to pull most of my marketing prior to the notice and already had a ton of pages redirected).

Scott at Befree was made aware of the issue with the transaction earlier this week and I got a response from him yesterday that he hasn't forget it and is looking into te issue.

Whatever the problem is, it's consistent - I see three more products that finally showed up as shipped and guess what the commish was on those to? Thats right $0.

Great News - we can now support ebates and pp merchants - they are cleaning up their act and I'll bet it'll be a long time before we see another clip of ebates overwriting affiliate links.

Well, please accept my sincere apology if you were not contacted. It was certainly not from a lack of effort.

Regarding BeFree payments, I have also been in contact with our former manager there. When Blue Nile's program was migrated, BeFree accidentally "turned off" commissions even though we do offer extended credit with our 30 day cookie.

I too am waiting for an answer from BeFree and hope to have the issue resolved as quickly as possible.

In the meantime, I hope you all know that we do appreciate the work you've been doing and value your partnership.

ABW Ambassador
    Thanks for the info.

ABW Ambassador
    I just went back in and see where the minimum payout threshold is $100.

For clarity, will you be paying all people who have commissions since you closed the program and potentially limited peoples ability to reach the threshold or will you only be paying the accounts with balances that exceeds the $100 threshold?

ABW Ambassador
    Bump - No answer to the above question? Hmmm

Of course there's an answer:
    We're working with BeFree right now to close out all of those commissions. We have every intention of paying out all amounts regardless of size.

If you have any questions that you want to ask, you can always email them to affiliates@bluenile.com. I honestly don't have time to visit this forum every day and can answer your questions directly.

Thanks
    John

Has everyone been paid out their commissions earned when Blue Nile was with BeFree? I just checked my stats and I still have an outstanding payment that has been listed as Payable since 1/1/04. I'd really like to be paid for the efforts I put in to marketing you last year. I've contacted both BeFree and Blue Nile and still no answers....

ABW Ambassador
    I did receieve my check.

Bargainb, you can send me a pm or email me at affiliates@bluenile.com and I'll be happy to help you out.

BeFree contacted me just this week with a list of outstanding vouchers from last November that they never submitted to us for payment.

I'd be happy to check that list and see if you have a payment on there, as I suspect that's what's happened.

I'd also like to know who you've contacted here at Blue Nile so that I can make sure we don't have a lapse in communication.

Thanks
    John

14. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread