Hi, I'm just trying to get feedback on something. We are thinking about dropping the commission on the "original" or "namebrand" products we sell to only 10%. But, we would be able to start raising the commission on our merchandise. Is this a bad thing? Currently, are commission is 25% on all goods. Any thoughts, opinions, or clarifications?

2005 Linkshare Golden Link Award Winner  ecomcity's Avatar
    If your lowering the commission on brand name products effects the majority of your sales it will negatively impact your affiliate exposure. Look to double dipping BHO parnerships, incent offers and special higher commission relationships to find some hidden profits not making it to your e-cashregister. Often those wasteful advertising mindset campaigns can save the drop from being 15% to only 5-10%.

Analize your top 15 affiliates ebiz plans and determine if their parasitic -e-mail spam based and SE destructive to your other affiliates. Pulling the rotten or abcessed teeth to save the bite is always the first choice. Then make the remainders work harder by doing all in your power to increase domain bound value-add referral traffic increase on conversion ratios.
    Webmaster's... Mike and Charlie

"What have you done today to put real value into a referral click...from a shoppers viewpoint!"

That's a really good idea. I never thought to check my affiliates for parasitic stuff. I just stayed away from the big guys, always thinking that they were the problem...

Mainly, I'm just trying to see an affiliates point of view on a base level commission change. See we started the program almost 5 years ago, this was how it always was, so I didn't know if it would have a negative impact and make the affiliates not want to work for me.

2005 Linkshare Golden Link Award Winner  ecomcity's Avatar
    Berni if you can weed out those who rape your commission pool with little or no pre-sell most others would welcome getting a converting merchant paying 15-25% on any viable products. Those affiliates who employ BHO sales hijacking S/W or perform blind forced cookie setting from their PPCSE & page links are not driving sales. Clean those up and you'll find willing affiliates who would even take 15% across the board if you offer some free freight.
    Webmaster's... Mike and Charlie

"What have you done today to put real value into a referral click...from a shoppers viewpoint!"

Is there a good way to check for these affiliates? Once again, I only know of the big guys so far so I look for them by name. I don't have a clue as to how to see if any of the smaller affiliates are taking sales.

better put all your top sellers under the magnifying glass. for some of them, that's how they got there . . .

ABW Ambassador
    Winterpeg, the Mosquito Capital of Canada
    I may not be a big sales guy but someone better give me an awful d*amn good reason for lowering an offer that much, no matter who's program it may be

8. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread