Ok all you Linkshare Merchants - the new log in is flawed and doesn't work half the time.

This means we are getting frustrated.

This means we are NOT working on LS merchants.

This means you are losing money.

Please, tell Linkshare to either fix it or do something else!!

Thank you!!
    Ebudae

It's worked fine every time I've tried it. It is case sensitive although I've found that some are not, like Network Solutions.

Their reason was explained and I fully support their decision. It's really not that big a deal.

I'm ok with their reasoning, except that they I think they went a bit overboard by making it case sensitive, and by making it all wavy and stuff so that sometimes I actually have to guess at what a character is.

I've logged in wrong 3 out of the last 7 times I've tried to get in.

So really I end up agreeing with ebudae The annoyance factor is simply going to make me spend less time working with LinkShare. Not because I'm mad ... it's just one more pain in the butt that I'd prefer not to deal with on a daily basis.

Isf LS can afford the time and effort to tinker around with the login then how come they can't make the effort to provide a single consolidated payment like CJ

Oh and the login image is a bit too fuzzy for those of use over 45 who have to resort to reading glasses, and why make it case sensitive, as I can't see how that makes it any more secure against automated logins.

Les

I'm frustrated and I'm a merchant. I was told to email them and complain. I guess it's a huge issue all around. I've explained that since they started this new procedure I have to try and log in 3 times. Abagoo has it right by saying that you have to quess at the characters and numbers. It is a huge Pain in the ***

I have better things to do than waste my time trying to login into a network with a system that fails more times than it works. I was so frustrated with my first attempt I didn't bother for days. My second attempt didn't work at all (I gave up after trying 3 times).

As soon as I get a chance I shall remove all my links with Linkshare and cancel the account. You know what you can do with your login!

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Ian B:
    As soon as I get a chance I shall remove all my links with Linkshare and cancel the account. You know what you can do with your login! <HR></BLOCKQUOTE> Yea, it's really a turn-off. But given out of all the networks L-S is my least productive both in total and in breadth across merchants (i.e. most don't perform at all and those that do, don't do much), I think it's time to start winding it down and replacing the links. I don't think it's anything to do with them, perhaps it's just the mix of merchants available as they relate to my sites.

ShoreMark
    "..out of all the networks L-S is my least productive "

Same here, Clicks from impressions are diabolical! (or should I say unbelievable?). Luckily, I only have about 30 links to remove, so it shouldn't take too long.

I'm seriously thinking of pulling the plug on LS myself as none of their merchants (including Overstock who used to be the most profitable) have just stopped converting. Something is radically wrong somewhere and I just cannot put my finger on it. All I know is that LS is dead in the water as far as sales go, whereas the other networks are producing just fine for me.

That's only eight that are going to quit so far. Anyone else? Have you guys actually quit, and what did they say when you told them?

Fred

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR> I'm ok with their reasoning, <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

What exactly was their reasoning again? From what I see it was simply to not allow Afftrack access to their data.

Resident Genius and Staunch Capitalist Leader's Avatar
    <BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR> given out of all the networks L-S is my least productive both in total and in breadth across merchants (i.e. most don't perform at all and those that do, don't do much), ~ShoreMark <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Ditto.

LS's login hasn't been that big of a deal to me because I'm too busy getting links and checking my stats at PRODUCTIVE networks to bother logging in to LS much.
    There is no knowledge that is not power. ~Hemingway

ABW Ambassador
    This login sucks! I make sure, almost hunting and pecking at the keys, and it's not letting me log in almost 75% of the time!!

ABW Ambassador
    <BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Leader:
    LS's login hasn't been that big of a deal to me because I'm too busy getting links and checking my stats at PRODUCTIVE networks to bother logging in to LS much. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>same here.

it's been awhile since i myself have made an LS link.

Well, I finally made the time to delete all my links through Linkshare (42)and have requested that they cancel my account with them.

I did write to some of these Merchants and confirmed that I would be happy to deal with them on a direct basis or through another network.

That's what I think of your login system Linkshare!

Yes I also think it's time.
    Linkshare Merchant.
    Due to non-performance,tracking and other issues we have decided drop your affilate program thus removing all banners and links from our directory. We are not alone in this decision and suggest you check out the posts at www.abestweb.com

Affiliate Manager
    The login is a pain, but is it that big of a deal?

It's funny how lazy we have gotten in the computer age. No wonder obesity is huge problem in this country! We are wasting time trying to stay connected in front of the computer...

ctfarrow
    "The login is a pain, but is it that big of a deal?"

The login is a little like playing a slot machine, with Tic,Tac,Toe needed before you can get in! If you like playing slots or have plently of time to kill, then maybe it's not a major problem?

But it's not just about the login, the conversions through Linkshare for me (and apparently many other affiliates)are just not good enough. So rather than worry about why or complain about it, I felt it was better to cancel my account with them.

In addition to the above, the stats are not as good as most other networks, the pages are full of Java script errors, I receive duplicate emails frequently and much more....

Basically, we are customers of Linkshare and they should provide a better service. If you had this login system on your site, or something similar (which your customers needed to overcome before being able to buy something on your site), how many customers would you have?

Linkshare need to remember that affiliates provide the customers that make their business possible. If they feel that they are more important, then they should start to look for another line of work. There are many other networks on the market where we can take our traffic!

Okay, so I needed to make this known since I just found out about this as well. I've complained directly to LinkShare and finally received a response. They are doing a new and improved login so no one will have problems getting in anymore. I do know that it will not be as blurry, wavy, smudge, whatever and we will be able to read the characters. And a major bonus, there will be a shorter amount of characters that the 8 or more we used to have to enter. This new security system is also not going to be case sensitive anymore - it will have caps but you won't have to type as is anymore. Basically, this new system sounds like Overture's security system and I never had a problem with that. I guess if all goes well testing this, it will be up and running by Friday. SO PLEASE, as a merchant, do not write LS off completely.

In regards to the stats, I have seen better stats on LS network than on CJ's. I had SO many fraudulent clicks and impressions on CJ that it screwed up all my data. Also, I am doing the same amount of sales volume on CJ as on LinkShare but I am returning less merchandise so maybe something was going on there as well. I just think there is more to this than anyone is realizing. Sure, huge numbers look good, but are they legit?

As Berni Grzywacz has already pointed out, Linkshare are introducing a new version for the login "This should be in place by Thursday" they have stated.

From my point of view it has come too late and I deactivated my account 10 minutes ago.

Others may feel that Linkshare have some good points (and this may be true), but each affiliate must decide their course on the basis of whether it is good for them.

All I can say, is that I placed their Merchants links in the same places (pages) as others, but theirs produced fewer conversions. This has been over a period of almost 2 years, so it has had a good test.

I'm not suggesting anyone should follow my example, this is a decision that I feel is right for me. Hopefully, others have had, and will have, better success with them than I did.

ABW Ambassador
    I don't have a major issue with the login, but if they really wanted to improve things, they would provide some performance statistics so that we could make informed decisions regarding the merchants we want to to start promoting. There are some real duds in this network (some that used to convert admirably) and we should get some warning.

The slot machine analogy is correct, but not regarding the login. Signing up for new merchants is like playing the slots because you have no idea if they are worthwhile.

This secrecy is a real disservice to the good merchants.

Affiliate Manager
    I was curious to see the feedback that would come of my original post... You're right the login is annoying at the most. But the login feature shouldn't be the case of arguement, the bottom line should be sales right?

Funny the complaints about a login feature taking forever, but the posts here take days to read...

Affiliate Manager
    Jimbo you hit the nail on the head. Conversions, conversions, conversions...

ABW Ambassador
    How about lengthening the password field so I can see if I am getting enough characters...it is too short...This field should be the width of the maximum allowed password size...

25. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread