Hi All,

I was wondering if You could tell me "How do You find the specs of the venders that You join up with at Linkshare?"... What I'm looking for is cookie duration and stuff like that?

Thanks for the help and Love You,
    HumbleFish

Humble,

When you are looking at the merchants by category, click on "more information" link on the bottom of the box in the middle.

Karen

Thanks Karen,

I tried to find what I'm looking for using the category thing and I couldn't... I tried looking for music123 under the music category and it wasn't listed... I then tried to use the search engine where it says "Search For Merchant By Name" and it didn't work... I thought maybe I misspelled it so I typed in Walmart and then Wallmart and still didn't get anything... So I think that the Search Engine is broken... What's up with that?

ABW Ambassador
    Hi,

First, click on "Your Account". Then click on "Click here to view consolidated information about your merchant programs".

Thanks wyvern,

That's what I needed... But I still didn't see any cookie duration?... Am I missing something?

Hmmm? Does Linkshare do the cookie thing?

Linkshare does the cookie thing. I'm a merchant (magazineline) and have set my cookie duration, aka "return days" at 90.

I've been digging around in my *affiliate* account to try to figure this out. It looks like it's up to the merchant to remind you what their "return days" are. When you review a merchant program before joining (as I described in my earlier posting) the return days are spelled out for you.

But once you've joined, it's different. I've been looking at the "your account" section that wyvern mentioned. Some of my merchants indicate their return days in their "Program Levels" (on the right column of the merchant's info box) and some don't.

I guess if merchants want to make their return days clear, they need to spell it out when they describe their program level.

I guess I'll put this on my to-do list!

Thanks Karen Henry,

Oh, so the "return days" is the cookie duration?... I thought that was the time that the custumer has the right to return the product?... Would You clarify this for me (just to make sure I'm reading this right)?

Hi Humblefish,

You're reading it right--"return days" is the cookie that Linkshare drops into links. For example, if return days are set at 30 days, then a potential customer has 30 days from the first time they clicked through to the merchant site to buy something that the original affiliate will get credit for (assuming that the customer hasn't visited any sites with parasite cookies or legit affiliate competitors in the meantime).

Hope that helps,

Mark

All merchants show return days. If you want to see them all in one place:
    1) log onto your acct
    2) Click on the Acct Tab
    3) Click on Click here to view consolidated information about your merchant programs
    There will be a column titled return days which is the same as a merchants cookies.

Thanks Mark and nyed,

Ok now I got it... I guess I just need to learn the Linkshare lingo.

12. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread