ABW Ambassador
    Anyone notice that this seems to be the second month in a row that hte Payment Reports are late? They are due out by the 7th, but are usually posted on the 5th of each month. At this point the 10th will be the earliest possible posting date...for each day this process is delayed it is a day that payments are delayed.

Why isn't this being adhered to more carefully to insure more timely payment to affiliates?

The slot machine that IS paid! Billy Kay's Avatar
    Linkshare tells us to only choose merchants that use Linkshare's own check-cutting service to insure timely payments.

This is copied directly from LS at

http://www.linkshare.com/rc/LS_Signature_Overview.pdf

Best Practices for Signature Affiliates
    Choosing merchant partners:

• Review the list of LinkShare Premium Partners, which recognizes merchant programs that conform to affiliate friendly practices. These premium partners have the following in common:

o Pay affiliates on a monthly basis...

o Use LinkShare's check-cutting service (which allows LinkShare to publish detailed payment status information in their Payment Reports in the interface, and provides a trackable process for consistent, timely commission payments).

Obviously, there's no chance of a "Timely Payment" with this service, if there's no "Timely Reporting"

ABW Ambassador
    The reporting issue for May has nothing to do with, and should have no effect on getting out the April payment reports. It is now 5/10 and still no April Payment Report and therefore none of the merchants have been invoiced. So far we are 3 days or more behind schedule which puts each affiliate this much behind in the end.

This process should be like clockwork with only a day variance due to when a weekend day falls. Why is this so loose?

Affiliate Manager
    Technically the terms state payments are usually ready by the 5th business day of the following month. That said, the 7th is the 5th business day. All of my reports seem to be accurate up to the 7th of May. Not sure what the delay with April's reporting is for...

ABW Ambassador
    Technically they are late, again, for the second month straight. And now...we are going to be paid late too, those are the facts.

Linkshare has told us that the reports are going to be available today so payments should be coming today from most of your affiliates. An email was sent to us on Friday that the reports were a little delayed due to their problems with the login last week.

Affiliate Manager
    Surveyman, I'm feeling the pain. Trust me. I have many affiliates that let me know about LinkShare and being paid late. Luckily I have this site and the plethora of info. Thanks for all the "research" you all do and feedback as well. It makes my job easier. Now if we could only get you all direct deposit...

Affiliate Manager
    It looks like the Payment Reports are ready to be processed.

9. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread