Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    How did everyone do over the holidays? We haven't been converting as well as we'd like on their products and are wondering if it's just us or a general slowdown/malaise.

TIA!

Karl Smith >>> phillyBurbs - Your Internet Starts Here
    ---------
    Beware Parasiteware! It is stealing your money! >>> click here to learn more

Karl,

I was surprised that there wasn't a spike in interest or sales with Motormint during the Holidays, but I wound up with nothing. Clicks, yes. Sales, no. Frankly, I'm surprised there wasn't more interest than there was. It was almost like people didn't see the ads - and yes, they were targeted...

Andy

I sold more in December than the previous three months combined, but we aren't talking huge numbers (didn't qualify for the bonus)

Radegast:

What did it take to qualify for the bonus (not that we'd be considered for a volume bonus )?

Would you mind sharing a conversion rate?

---------

I guess there's only 3 of us at ABW that promote Motormint, based on the response so far. Either we're the only ones here who haven't figured out it's a waste of time, or everybody else is being quiet in an attempt to conceal a good thing...

Andy

I had a few sales over the holidays, nothing that could be considered great. Clicks just didn't convert. It amazes me that with as targeted as my traffic is, that it wouldn't convert any better than what it does. The other thing that is amusing to me, is the banner that is shown on abestweb. Fast Payments? October hasn't even been paid. I know the AM of motormint comes in to the message board sometimes, maybe he can give us some insight to why NONE of us have converted sales as well as we had hoped.

I didn't respond to this because I only put links up right around Christmas so I missed the holiday traffic and I've had only a handful of visitors since then that were interested enough to click thru. It's too early for me to comment on whether they convert on not.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by phillyBurbs.com:
    Radegast:

What did it take to qualify for the bonus (not that we'd be considered for a volume bonus )?

Would you mind sharing a conversion rate?

Karl Smith _ >>> http://www.phillyburbs.com_
    ---------
    Beware Parasiteware! It is _stealing_ _your_ money! >>> http://www.parasiteware.com to learn more<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Karl, I'll PM you

Because I like Dale, I have promoted the heck out of Motormint, featured them on my homepage for days and nothing. I really pushed them during the holidays.

I am not even showing many clickthrus.

To clarify - I'm not complaining of a poor conversion rate.

My problem is the same old same old...

Low traffic.

Conversions I think are reasonable for the number of clicks I'm sending.

ABW Ambassador
    <BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR> I guess there's only 3 of us at ABW that promote Motormint, based on the response so far. Either we're the only ones here who haven't figured out it's a waste of time, or everybody else is being quiet in an attempt to conceal a good thing... <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>Nope, I tried them as well . . . but also put a voting box to ask what they thought of the models and the responses dominated that they are not looking for toys, they're looking for the collector's items.

Brian
    aka Cyclone

Cyclone: Interesting information. Wonder if that could be played up effectively.

---------

Hi All - sorry to be so late in responding to this thread. I've been going through our typical January inventory revamping and project planning and have not had any spare time this month.

Let me try to address everyone as best as I can. First of all, this past Christmas Season for some reason was not as strong as last season and January is down as well (overall, down about 4%).

Motormint's PRIMARY demographic has been MALE - OVER 65 with limited expendable income and our niche has been made in creating a 1:32 scale diecast with all of the same features found in larger 1:18 scale models. Until we hit the market, models smaller than 1:24 scale almost never had any moving parts (except the wheels)and had very little detail. About the only 1:32 scales made prior to Motormint were SLOT CARS. So when we created a diescast model with opening doors, somewhat detailed interior, opening hood, opening trunk, detailed engine and some of our 1:32's with working steering and sold them for only $10 we literally created a new market overnight. Since then we have sold millions of our own 1:32 scale diecast world wide.

We are not the Franklin Mint - who makes absolutely gorgeous 1:24 scale models that sell for $150 to 200. And people who target a Franklin collectible buyer can only point them to a handful of 1:18 scale models on our site that approach Franklin quality and detail. This may be a problem for some traffic.

Over the past year we have added many more 1:18 scale models, limited editions, motorcycles, NASCAR and more... for the benefit of the internet buyer who makes up about 9% of our total sales... and is a completely different demographic from our primary catalog business.

I can't really tell you for certain why some of you convert well and why others don't. I run several of my own sites and when I have tested Motormint I have been able to convert at an average of 127:1 (I have a newsletter with 78,000 subscribers and any test I have run includes an announcement in the newsletter)-

What I can tell you is that I have noticed that my direct affiliates and Linkshare affiliates using our data feed have the highest conversion rates and are naturally the most consistent.

We do not seem to convert well as part of a non-related website, usually in the .07 to 1% range. While related sites can commonly convert in the 3.5% to 5% range. I don't know if that helps any of you - but I have posted stats from Linkshare Reports in the past.

As far as payment - We are current in all of our payments and don't owe Linkshare a dime. We did have an overpayment that was made and Linkshare was supposed to apply it to our November Affiliate Payments. I can't tell you exactly what happened - but suffice it to say that the credit did not get applied in the same speed as it was given. You would think if you gave a company too much money that it would be impossible for your account to fall in to arrears.... that's what I get for thinking. Anyway - my sincere apologies to anyone who has not been paid in an expediant manner. Our account is completely paid up and our overpayments have been applied. If there is an individual problem - please let me know and I will make sure it is corrected immediately.

The year-end bonus required 50 orders between Nov 1 and Dec 31. We paid quite a bit in bonus money in addition to DOUBLE COMMISSIONS from October 1 thru January 31 - and we are raising our base commission plan SIGNIFICANTLY on Feb 1.

I have been sending each month, a list of our best selling models so that everyone will know which items are converting the best - if there is anything else anyone wants me to do - just let me know. I hope I haven't missed anything and I will try to make more time for ABW.

Dale Wentzel
    Director, Online Marketing Motormint.com
    365 Day Cookie | Parasite Free | Commission on ALL Sales

Dale:

Hey stranger!

Great to see you again!

Thanks for the in-depth response. It helps fill in a lot of gaps for me.

BTW, did you get an e-mail from me recently?

---------

Hi Karl!

I have not received an email from you. I normally respond within an hour, during business hours and always by the following business day. I do have a spam filter that keys in on the words "payment" "commission" "check" and "what the hell kind of AM are you anyway" Did you have any of those in your email?

Just kidding - please resend with verification.

Dale Wentzel

Dale:
    Resent!

---------

Hi Dale and All!

Else one ABWer promotes Motormint. Also - big sale before holidays, no sales on holidays, then sales again in February.

Question to Dale:
    Do you offer datafeed outside LS?

Thanks,

Galina

ABW Ambassador
    Just got my first sale with them

I work in lounge pants

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Question to Dale:
    Do you offer datafeed outside LS?<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

We have a raw feed that works with your Linkshare Code or one that works without. Send me an email and I will be happy to give you the details. dale@motormint.com

Dale Wentzel

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by TrustNo1®:
    Just got my first sale with them <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Congratulations "TrustNo1" I hope that's a good sign! If I can help, just let me know.

Dale Wentzel

Dale,

Looong time no see good to see you back

<font size="2" face="Verdana">Haiko

The secret of success is constancy of purpose. ~ Disraeli
    </font></p>

It's good to be here Haiko! Always has been and with you at the helm... always will be.

Hopefully the time I've been spending in production will make up for some of the time I've missed here lately

Hi Dale

Cheque just landed on my doormat - thankyou!

Hi Radegast!!

It is I who thanks you!

Dale,

Any thought of adding Akiva's PSC to Motormint? It seems to be performing really well for those of us who don't want to deal with 50 different datafeeds.

PSC User Testimonials

It is nice to see you back, Dale!

Andy

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast