How long does it typically take for an affiliate to get a check for a particular month's sales? For instance, when can affiliates expect to get checks for March's sales?

Is the delay in reporting/payment something the affiliates ever get used to? It seems like deja vu all over again each time I see a thread about reporting delays.

It all depends on who is issuing the check...

Most of the time when Linkshare issues the check i get them in about 45 days however some have taken 90 days...

This is because Linkshare doesn't cut a check till the merchant pays them the commissions...

so if the merchant is slow paying it bill Linshare is slow to pay us...

There have been times when the merchant is the one cutting the check... that It has taken as much as 180 days...

Just remember we are business peole running a bussiness with all the risks associated with running a business...

especially geting paid! Sometimes we dont get paid so we have to stop working for the merchant and find new ones to work wiht...

I have been stiffed for thousands in commissions because a company was sold and the new owners dissallowed the commissions..

this happens all the time... dont be fooled... by those that deny this..

non payment of commissions is a rampant problem..

This is why many prefer networks like ** and ******** because with these networks the merchant places funds in an escrow account to be used toward future affiliate commisions

Joe
    ++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
    that's my2cents, 'cuz I'm a legend in my own mind....

Yeah, and, surprisingly, some of the worst offenders are the bigger brands. Buy.com was 90 days late for a while, Columbia House almost that. Considering that our bills need to be paid long before those 90 days even start, that is pretty bad.

How about linkshare start collecting interest for us?

Wait, strike that, I don't want to give them another "priority".

Resident Genius and Staunch Capitalist Leader's Avatar
    <BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR> Is the delay in reporting/payment something the affiliates ever get used to? <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

NO!

That's why most of my merchants are at CJ. The 20th comes and BANG there's the money. There are a few extension-maniacs there, but I try to avoid them so the great majority of my transactions are paid right when they ought to be.
    There is no knowledge that is not power. ~Hemingway

im already waiting a month for my april check at cj to come to germany. is this normal ?

Yeah, the CJ system is/was great. Never reall lost any money with that.

I'm out thousands from linkshare merchants who never paid while LS let the balance rack up...

But what happens with the former BeFree merchants? Are we gonna get DD with them?

ABW Ambassador LinkShare Moderator's Avatar
    My team member who works with Domestications asked me to post the following message:

Thank you very much for bringing your concerns to our attention. Due to the unexpected popularity of some merchandise, we are experiencing back-order issues. Because we report sales at point of shipment, you will find that while your sales are being captured, your commissions may be delayed while we get back into stock. We'd be very happy to confirm receipt of your orders. Please contact us at affiliate@domestications.com and provide us with order numbers. We greatly value your partnership.
    - Domestications Affiliate Program

ABW Ambassador
    Maybe i'm not following and if so i'll blame that on a lack of food but how exactly do we get our site visitors order numbers? I have no idea what they're ordering until it shows up in the reports.

Troll Killer and best Snooper!
    I decide when the pigs fly!
    Dear Linkshare Moderator,

I've made two personal purchases with Domestications and did not receive credit for the sales even at the time the merchandise was delivered to me. No, there are no parasites on this computer. It's so clean it squeaks.

In the first instance I had to file an internal LS request for credit for the sale. I'm about to file the second one.

Based on my experiences, I believe Domestications has either tracking issues or business practice issues.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR> Rhea wrote: Based on my experiences, I believe Domestications has either tracking issues or business practice issues. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE> "Business practice issues".

Now, THAT'S a nice way of putting it!

Andy

Troll Killer and best Snooper!
    I decide when the pigs fly!
    lol! Andy it took me a looooong time to come up with that little euphemism.

The thing that drives me buggy about Domestications is that they have the nicest, most helpful customer service reps you can imagine. Two of them told me that they love working for the company because they're treated so well. Too bad Domestications doesn't extend that to their affiliates, huh? I'd be promoting the hell out of this merchant if they'd only, ummm, well, YOU know.

Why doesn't Linkshare run test transactions?

13. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread