Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Affiliate Network Rep
    As you all know about two weeks ago we added a new security feature to the log in. This feature was designed to protect users of LinkShare from the potential risks of automated scripts. As you are aware the first version of this had some issues with it that caused you to have difficulty gaining access to your interface. Tonight, we will launch a second version of this program which I hope you will find to be much simpler. I apologize if the first version was not up to par, but I hope that you will find that we took into account all your feedback in trying to make this second version better.

Thank you for working with us to improve LinkShare and I look forward to your feedback.

Best regards,
    Stephen

ABW Ambassador
    Cool, thanks

ABW Ambassador
    Stephen,

I understand why you would want added security, but why are you adding additional security only for affiliate reports and not also adding that same security for affiliate profile information?

Outsourced Program Manager Chris -  AMWSO's Avatar
    <BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>and not also adding that same security for affiliate profile information? <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

That question confuses me, please explain?

Thanks Stephen, we're looking forwards to the new login

Cheers

Chris
    Affiliate Marketing by AMWSO. Skype - chrissanderson ::: TEL 1-720-336-1784 ::: www.amwso.net
    Join our affiliate programs :Vaper Empire, Iolo, Art of Tea, or See ALL our Programs here

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Chris - WSO:
    <BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>and not also adding that same security for affiliate profile information? <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

That question confuses me, please explain? <HR></BLOCKQUOTE> You can log into LinkShare the normal way and access your mail and accounts, it's only when you go to your reports that the extra log in arises - if a script compromises the system it will thus still be able to access information about the account.

Outsourced Program Manager Chris -  AMWSO's Avatar
    Thanks ShoreMark , that'll explain why I missed the point.

Cheers

Chris
    Affiliate Marketing by AMWSO. Skype - chrissanderson ::: TEL 1-720-336-1784 ::: www.amwso.net
    Join our affiliate programs :Vaper Empire, Iolo, Art of Tea, or See ALL our Programs here

Affiliate Network Rep
    <BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by ShoreMark:
    <BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Chris - WSO:

That question confuses me, please explain? <HR></BLOCKQUOTE> You can log into LinkShare the normal way and access your mail and accounts, it's only when you go to your reports that the extra log in arises - if a script compromises the system it will thus still be able to access information about the account. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

I am not really sure i understand your question. The login requires all users to go in and be prompted by the challenge, thus to get in at all all users must pass thru the new security screen. If I am missing what you are saying I will pass that along to our team for version three of the tool. Our goal is to make this secure so I would hate to have missed something.

Steve

Affiliate Network Rep
    Looks like it is live now so let me know what oyu all think. Seemed pretty easy to me.

Steve

Personally, I don't think we should be required to login twice. The graphic challenge should be the only additional requirement for reports.

I login, look at all my account and Linkshare info, THEN, if I want to look at reports, I am forced to login again completely, plus the graphic challenge. Not a very robust system, and I do not see this as an industry standard.

Suggestion: Use graphic challenge only at entry to reports... not user ID and Password also.

Jim in Texas

ABW Ambassador
    Steve I think what I have said and others are saying... to say this is protection for affiliates is not correct.

Real protection would protect our personal information, this doesn't touch that. It just stop people from seeing the reports. And if someone has your login info, this doesn't stop anyone.

All this does is stop people (affiliates) from using automated tools that they have wanted to use. Or are you suggesting there are rogue automated software on affiliates computers downloading and processing their reports for nefarious reasons - without the affiliates consent?

So lets be clear and you guys stop the BS on this. This does nothing to protect affiliates. What it does is protect your internal system from being hammered by affiliates using bots because you don't want to program something that limits the number of searches in a period.

I could accept it better if you guys would be honest. But as the 180 conversation is showing, that may not be possible for you guys.

Chet

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by smesser:
    Looks like it is live now so let me know what oyu all think. Seemed pretty easy to me.

Steve <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

I don't see any difference. What has changed. Log in was just the same as it was before.
    Ron Bechdolt | Affiliate Program Management Consultant
    7 Days A Week Marketing

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by smesser:
    The login requires all users to go in and be prompted by the challenge, thus to get in at all all users must pass thru the new security screen. If I am missing what you are saying I will pass that along to our team for version three of the tool. Our goal is to make this secure so I would hate to have missed something.
    <HR></BLOCKQUOTE> I'm able to log in to LinkShare just fine the old way and look at anything I want, it's when I go to reports that the new challenge arises - as someone else said, that doesn't protect me one iota from a script attempting to garner information. If they were running a script for automated collection of info for later use, the added security means nothing for the affiliate, they would log in with the compromised affiliate info and enter the extra text with no problem.

In other words, all this extra hassle does for me, is make me think of how much I don't want to bother logging into LS at all.

Okay, I still don't see any difference. What exactly did you change?
    Ron Bechdolt | Affiliate Program Management Consultant
    7 Days A Week Marketing

Howdy, bro!

It's no longer case-sensitive and they've limited it to 5 characters.

ABW Ambassador
    now i am getting annoyed!! not only do we have the stupid ogin - which may well be easier with no blurry images and non case sensitive, but then i go striaght to my reports and i have to do the same login again!!!

does linkshare actually want anyone logging in??

i cannot be bothered anymore, i will leave their merchants well alone and concentrte on shareasale! at least their login togther with cj.com and befree actually remember my passwords!

Tamalyn strange that it should ask you to login again when you run your reports because I don't get that at all. I only have to login once. However, that being said, there is definitely something screwy going on with LS as I have now started getting pop-ups asking me to confirm my email address (AGAIN). I already did this about a week ago!!!

Looks like we took a step backwards to the original version again. The image is now mixed case and longer, and you have to match the case when you type it in.
    Michael Coley
    Amazing-Bargains.com
     Affiliate Tips | Merchant Best Practices | Affiliate Friendly? | Couponing | CPA Networks? | ABW Tips | Activating Affiliates
    "Education is the most powerful weapon which you can use to change the world." Nelson Mandela

Web Ho - Design B!tch ~Michelle's Avatar
    Mixed case that must be matched for me too.

I have to login to my account, then I have to login again to see my reports.

This is a bunch of bull to be honest. It is quite a hassle to do something as simple as check my reports that aren't updated anyways.
    ~Michelle
    "All I ask is a chance to prove that money can't make me happy."
    "Work to become, not to acquire." -- Confucius

Is the log in actually working for anyone now?
    I have tried about a dozen times to log in this morning with no success.
    ================================================================
    Been away, now I'm back. Not as much, but I'm back & starting from scratch. Where I was, was fantastic. Where I am now, less so. Things have changed, become harder. So have I. Game ON!!!

ABW Ambassador
    Winterpeg, the Mosquito Capital of Canada
    I got in fine and a feature whole lot quicker than normally
    Will see if it stays that way though

ABW Ambassador
    Hi,

I've logged in with no problems and the code has not been case sensitive.

I attempt a login and this is what I get:
    <BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>You have been logged out for security reasons. To log back in again, please enter your Username and Password above. For your convenience, you will be brought directly back to the page you were accessing in your account. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>
    I've tried case sensitive
    I've tried clearing my cache
    I've tried shutting down my Firewall & AV
    I've tried on a different browser
    Grrrr.
    Been away, now I'm back. Not as much, but I'm back & starting from scratch. Where I was, was fantastic. Where I am now, less so. Things have changed, become harder. So have I. Game ON!!!

ABW Ambassador
    DAMMIT LINKSHARE!!!

This security stuff is a TOTAL WASTE OF OUR TIME!!

I have yet to have a problem..Are you sure you guys aren't dyslexic (no offense to dyslexics) or that you know your alphabet?

Are you logging in from the homepage, http://www.linkshare.com or a different page?

ABW Ambassador
    Oh c'mon Connie, we know you login at http://webroyalty.linkshare.com LOL

Seriously, I'm entering the right code, won't work.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast