Page 1 of 7 1234567 LastLast
    Troll Killer and best Snooper!
    I decide when the pigs fly!
    http://ebates.com/stores_category.go...?category_id=4

CE wasn't listed with them a couple of days ago when I checked. Looks like Abu made his move.

LOL

For those who missed the thread .... http://abw.infopop.cc/eve/ubb.x?a=tp...01&m=294107805

Continued Success,

Haiko
    The secret of success is constancy of purpose ~ Disraeli

Domain Addict / Formerly known as elbowcreek Thomas A. Rice's Avatar
    LOL, I don't think there was any doubt in anybody's mind how she was leaning. I wonder if the ceo of that company would benefit with a link to that thread....
    Following everyone else is a GREAT way to become average.

Troll Killer and best Snooper!
    I decide when the pigs fly!
    I believe Abu is a 'he'.

I had decided to give him the benefit of the doubt. I thought after he saw the way folks here reacted he might come to realize that he would not be trading up with Ebates. But I'd rather err on the side of generosity...so long as it isn't costing me any money. Still, I've been watching to see whether he'd sign up with Ebates. Sure didn't take him long.

He/she/it, doesn't really matter. His mind was already made up before he even posted his first message. All he did was try to convince everyone that ebates wasn't so bad. I hope they eat a lot of his free traffic. Dumb, dumber, and dumbest...

Rhea I want to thank you for posting the parasites with their listed merchants. I got rid of a few already, with some more house clean up to do in the next few days. Then I shall be clean, clean, clean, even if it means losing visitors.

Catwoman

- - - -
    I believe Abu is a 'he'
    - - - -
    mmmmm, maybe.

I think cat is right, the decision was already made.

Well, I'll be sure to put "Collections Etc." on my DO NOT PROMOTE UNDER ANY CIRCUMSTANCES list. Apparently, they don't really care if they pay commissions to the affiliate who is responsible for the sale, they just want the sale.

Andy

Hillarious. We were right all along.

This guy knew about the theft from the get go, and was just trying to rationalize it. Had he just signed up, thats one thing. But being completely two faced about it is 100x worse.

No wonder his "logic" was nonsense.

Since Ebates has rejoined our program, the number of affiliates with sales each day has RISEN. We have set a new record for unique affiliates with sales this week.

If your fears were founded, wouldn't we have seen Ebates intercepting all of those sales instead of the legitimate affiliates?

I reiterate...Ebates is NOT intercepting other affiliate commissions. We are monitoring their activity closely.

ABW Ambassador
    <BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>I reiterate...Ebates is NOT intercepting other affiliate commissions. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>
    You forgot to add "this week."
    You forgot to add "from our program."

You've totally ignored their past practices; many here don't.

I suggest you look follow the lawsuit that L.L. Bean has filed against other merchants whose ads are being popped over the L.L. Bean site. They recognize that the scumware operators aren't the only crooks in the game, the companies that profit from advertising via these means are also liable.

If successful, look forward to your day in court.

Wayne

Defender of Truth, Justice and the Affiliate Way
    <BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Since Ebates has rejoined our program, the number of affiliates with sales each day has RISEN. We have set a new record for unique affiliates with sales this week.

If your fears were founded, wouldn't we have seen Ebates intercepting all of those sales instead of the legitimate affiliates?

I reiterate...Ebates is NOT intercepting other affiliate commissions. We are monitoring their activity closely. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

And what day did you let them back in? Has it been long enough to truly come to that conclusion based off of statistical data?

I don't think so, unless you had already let them back in prior to your recent posts here.

I love this line. This is tooo funny.
    <BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Since Ebates has rejoined our program, the number of affiliates with sales each day has RISEN. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Ebates is now HELPING affiliates make sales. Pu-lease....

CDitty
    Recycled Talent - Architects of custom scripts and snippets, perfectly written to suit any need. We stay on top of the latest technology so you don't have to.
    Total Stupidity - Shining light on stupid things.

I only ran the report for the days that Ebates has been reactivated.

Defender of Truth, Justice and the Affiliate Way
    <BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>I only ran the report for the days that Ebates has been reactivated. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Well slap me silly and call me stupid! I assumed you had enough sense to do that. Let me rephrase my question based on the above.

How many days did that report cover??

LOL, Abu, I think your tagline should read, 'eBates Apologist', don't you?

He also said unique affiliates, he didn't say an increase in the number of total sales.

ShareASale President/CEO and ABW Veteran Brian - ShareASale's Avatar
    Abu,

What you'll probably find - is that a lot of people here don't really care whether ebates has cleaned up their act or not.

Their past documented behaviour, whether they intended it or not, (along with a bunch of other software downloads), has not been forgotten.

You're partnering with them is, of course, your option - but without looking at the whole picture you are likely not to understand why a statement like "Ebates is NOT intercepting other affiliate commissions. We are monitoring their activity closely." will likely get you nowhere with a large group of affiliates.
    Thanks,

Brian Littleton
    President/CEO - ShareASale.com, Inc.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by shareasale:
    ...will likely get you nowhere with a large group of affiliates. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>
    Point taken. I understand there is a lot of mistrust and dislike towards Ebates for their past policies. My decision to allow them into our program centered around what they will do going forward. As I said before, I will not tolerate commission theft. If there is any evidence that Ebates is redirecting affiliate links or stealing commissions, they will be removed from the program. I have had this discussion with them.

One thing that I have noticed about this forum...perception is reality. Or should I say your perception is my reality. At the mere mention of Ebates and possibly allowing them into my program, I was labeled a thief, scumbag, idiot...what else? Baby killer?

Much as Ebates' lot is cast within this community, I imagine that mine is as well. From this point forward I could exclude everyone but churches and girl scouts from my program and I would still be the guy who "condones stealing".

- - - -
    Much as Ebates' lot is cast within this community, I imagine that mine is as well. From this point forward I could exclude everyone but churches and girl scouts from my program and I would still be the guy who "condones stealing".
    - - - -

ding ding ding, we haaaaavvve a winner......lol.

That speaks more to mob-mentality than to informed and educated decision making.

ABW Ambassador
    If they glitch will you drop them?

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by TrustNo1®:
    If they glitch will you drop them? <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>
    That is a loaded question, no doubt. I am sure that you have an entirely different definition of "glitch" than do I.

If by "glitch" you mean around the holidays there will be a problem with their software which causes them to overwrite other affiliates, then yes...I will.

ABW Ambassador
    I mean anytime not just the holidays. It's not loaded it's a straight question. If the glitch whenever will you drop them? And yes glitch meaning overwriting other affiliates.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 7 1234567 LastLast