Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    How do I go about purchasing Linkshare datafeed access? Also, does Linkshare have any other means to get access besides buying it? I know CJ lets you have free access when you do 10k in sales.

Anybody have good experiences with this feature? I'd like to hear.

Thank you!
    - Scott
    Hatred stirs up strife, But love covers all transgressions.

Thanks Connie!

I notice it has primary category but there's no mention of sub categories. Does each product only have one category associated with it always or is this dependent on the merchant?

- Scott

It is dependant on the merchant. Some feeds are good, some not.

Is there a list of merchants that offer product feeds outside of linkshare? (and cj, etc, for that matter)

cheers

I just received an outside feed for a Linkshare merchant does any one know how to code it?

Thanks in advance for any assistance you can give!

ABW Ambassador LinkShare Moderator's Avatar
    Unfortunately, LinkShare does not support outside feeds. We can only support feeds through the LinkShare Merchandiser program. If you email merchandiser-a@linkshare.com, they can send you a break down of the available feeds and answer most of the questions that were asked on this post.
    You can also find more information about the program from the LinkShare Affiliate Resource Center
    - accessible from your affiliate account home page.

2005 Linkshare Golden Link Award Winner  ecomcity's Avatar
    Dear Linkshare moderator your efforts to spread to fodder to SE datafeed spammers, while servicing your Super/Duper comparision shopping site affiliates has caused a complete breakdown of available LS server bandwidth. For months now I've complained to many LS merchants that it takes 7-10 minutes on a cable modem to get through a individual product link search. More minutes to get to the coded display making it painful to change out links for merchants like Overstock.

We realize Linkshare and the other networks encourage automation tools for SE and BHO browser spammers in your Darwin type quest to suffocate normal domain bound affiliates. I see today on Google and Yahoo the datafeed spammers hard at work (LOL) paneling some product search terms with datafeed doorway pages with cookie setting auto redirects to merchants home pages. The only purpose for them using a datafeed is SE doorway page fodder as no human can read those auto generate pages.

Great plan Linkshare to support invisible mirrored merchant catalogs making sure the cookie setting tricksters have a place next to your point of sale (POS) BHO attack dogs.

My rant is if your going to automate your spammers and Dupers at least triple the bandwith or upgrade the servers hosting your feeds to allow normal affiliates a chance to stay in the game.
    Webmaster's... Mike and Charlie

"What have you done today to put real value into a referral click...from a shoppers viewpoint!"

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR> My rant is if your going to automate your spammers and Dupers at least triple the bandwith or upgrade the servers hosting your feeds to allow normal affiliates a chance to stay in the game. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Who's to say who normal affiliates are anyway? In order to be normal, you have to do what you have to do to make money. If you aren't getting with the times and using new technology as it becomes available, you aren't normal, you're just being stubborn.

- Scott

Snib, I know it's hard but just ignore Mike. His definition of "normal" affiliates are those who "code" (and I use that term loosely here) pages like 12 year old kids did in the early 90s. His group of "normal" affiliates has approximately 1 member from ABW. I still can't figure out why he comes to A BEST Web when he's not in favor of the best but only wants the OLD. He refuses to step into the 21st century and use the tools available to him. Instead, he slams those who decide to continually update their sites and skills and strive to become more competitive.

He like to spew his lies continually and associate all datafeed affiliates with the thieves. Well, Mike, I have news for you-there are thieves out there using HTML, yes HTML. In fact, probably all of your merchants use databases so, according to you, they are SE spammers too.

Sometimes you actually have good ideas but most of the time you just spew useless dribble showing how ignorant you can really be. If you don't want to improve your site and think of ways to be more competitive, that's fine but don't attack those who do.
    Greg Rice Affiliate Program Management
    www.gocmc.com info(AT)gocmc.com | 330-259-1223

Join us! - MiNeeds.com | DiscountCandleShop/CheeseSupply | Feng Shui Plaza

Mike

WHAT THE HELL ARE YOU TALKING ABOUT?

My friend Chat up Charlie and calm those nerves!

Xandman,

You've basically summed up all my interpretations of Mike's comments using the words I didn't have the heart to use.

Bravo!

Good to see the adept automation playas, who spend all their time begging for more food for their spam machines, are chesting up in unison. Meanwhile none of the hundreds of thousands of Linkshare affiliates can get a friggin single product link to show up without taking a nap.

My rant to LS was the friggin datafeed spammers -Duper Comparision shopping sites, private labeled merchant portals, coupled with DRMs are sucking off all the bandwidth of those LS servers.

I might be a voice of ONE at ABW supporting the needs of normal old fashioned one link at a time affiliates, but my demands speak for the majority of the ethical affiliates the merchants and networks claim to champion. Try logging into LS and make some Overstock new individual product links like I did over the last 2 weeks and come back a spew out your venim.

OH I forgot your like Shawn Collins, Wayne, MeMerchant and the BHO perps cheerleading and applauding the Darwin cleansing of the affiliate pool of minnows by the spamming sharks. Go buy some more cheap throw-away domains and crank out 30,000 clone pages while I take a crap. I'll fix a pot of coffee while you fine folks buy some cheap keywords at second tier PPCSE sites to get additional exposure from WhenU -Gator -180Solutions and all the other BHO shopping/search bars and claim you don't know they popup and hijack traffic from my site.

Sleezeball affiliate practices drain traffic and set cookies in 4 places. Spamming the SERPs - e-mail spamming - whacking competitor sites via rogue BHO's and at the point of sale. How many of the 13,000 ABWers just check their stats to see if their "tricks" are working and come here to rant if reporting is delay for a day of a few hours? Now go check the latest CJ rants as the network target of choice for all the playas.

"What have you done today to put real value into a referral click...from a shoppers viewpoint!"

ABW Ambassador
    lol

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR> I might be a voice of ONE at ABW supporting the needs of normal old fashioned one link at a time affiliates, but my demands speak for the majority of the ethical affiliates the merchants and networks claim to champion. Try logging into LS and make some Overstock new individual product links like I did over the last 2 weeks and come back a spew out your venim. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

I just can't see how anybody could succeed at this point in the game by creating a site one link at a time. With all the competition creating thousands of links a day, the only way to even begin to compete is to do the same. Even if you put up thousands of products you won't necessarily succeed. It takes a lot more than that to do well. You're complaining about the last generation datafeed "spammers" when a new generation of affiliates are coming up with even more new innovative ways to sell.

The way I see it, you're complaining about people I'm leaving behind in the dust because they left you back in the dust years ago.

That’s it...

I want to know who gave Mike Coffee? Whoever did it is irresponsible "STOP GIVING MIKE COFFEE"

Not that long ago you were creating your own data feed for a few affiliates here.

I love Ya Mike but come on - stand down from that soapbox and get a grip.

SandraR I need to cut down on the coffee. I was hoping to snag the attention of the LS rep to finally do something about their datafeed copy server not having enough bandwidth to retrieve a simple individual product request in a timely manner. Since the datafeed frenzy a minority of affiliates have sucked off the majority of LS bandwidth leaving all the others to suffer endless delays on getting coded product links. I've complained about this for months to no avail.

Poon was the one requesting a datafeed and he publically withdrew this request saying those 150 suspenders in a feed wouldn't be necessary and the few banners -image and text links converted at a 1/20 ratio without a feed. His call was that this merchant took on the responsibility to convert the referral traffic once it arrived at their site. I'm more then willing to put that Feed into his able hands and the end result sure wouldn't dilute the merchants conversion ratio or set any bind cookies with scripting tricks.

The merchant SELLS not the affiliate. Anyone claiming they have devised a way to better target shoppers from their pre-sell displays I'll support to my dying breath. The only real reason for a datafeed within my managed program is for Fruggle -Yahoo stores and Akiva's Product Showcase Creator.

Anyone claiming their datafeed expertise can exceed the sales limitations of the actual merchant site should charge the merchant for doing a site makeover...or go into being a drop ship merchant themselves. Then they can entice spammy affiliates by opening shop at a network and throw out feeds, PPCSE keywords and coupons to the hungry, while partnering behind the scenes with BHO's and play the well documented merchant diversion games showcased at ABW. It's simple really as 90% of all so called merchants are just datafeed middlemen to drop shippers or the real merchants.

Thus you have the current state of the common affiliate network...MORE apply named a Advertising Network. My vision is to forget this failed, open to abuse market, and concentrate on the first ever SALES NETWORK. One where affiliates apply to be physical click Sales Associates for merchants who are neuter of diversion tactics, cannot escape realtime sales reporting, and compete on transparent conversion ratios. Guess who controls this Sales Network's destiny. The satisfied repeat shoppers tired of the the spammy tricksters ringing up those merchant cash-registers foregoing their tired old advertising mindset.

Mike, my gripe is you lump all datafeed users with BHOs, parasties, spammers, Satan, the Plague and everything else that's evil or wrong. The problem isn't datafeed users using LinkShare bandwidth that you claim belongs to you. The problem is LinkShare needs to up their bandwidth and/or servers.

Even as ignorant as you are you KNOW we're not defending the scum you mention. They are stealing from me as much as you, if not more. So don't make it sound like we're with them. I'm no more with them than you are. Linking all datafeed users with parasites is just plain stupid and you know it. How many ABWers do you think pull these "tricks"? You make it sound like the ABW folks here are all tricksters. Dude, put down the coffe and go back to the booze, whatever you're on isn't working for you.

I don't mind Mike's soapbox when he's griping about parasites but lumping all advanced affiliates to them is just crap and he knows it.

I just went to LS and went to create a link for OS, it was slower than I like but 20 seconds isn't the horrible issue you describe. Dump that 133 MHz dinosaur and upgrade your PC.

Mike,

Points well versed and with cause .

I have to agree with Xandman - NO MORE LUMPING.

Less lumping and you will receive fewer headaches

Unfortunately for me I was about to test run a Linkshare feed and no one can assist me with coding an outside feed. DANG IT!

Well I just logged into Linkshare and chose Overstock under the links tab. Tested my Pentium 1GHZ- 256MD system's cable modem speedtest which equaled 1.17 MBS.

Went to the OS individual product link area and broght up the initial screen. Performed a general search for a in stock item...

"18-kt. Two-tone Gold Diamond Emerald Ring (3.00 TW)"

This product sells for $19,999 and the search took 14 minutes and 25 seconds. Add in 1 more minute to display the coding page. These searches are performed on the LS servers. Try it as a month ago I had Overstock try it on their own T-1 line in amazement.

Maybe the issue is with this particular LS server and how Overstock structured their datafeed on their product title??? Try it and clue me in!

LOL ...I tried a generic search for "diamond ring" and it's still looking after 15 minutes...

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by SandraR:
    Mike,

Points well versed and with cause .

I have to agree with Xandman - NO MORE LUMPING.

Less lumping and you will receive fewer headaches

Unfortunately for me I was about to test run a Linkshare feed and no one can assist me with coding an outside feed. DANG IT! <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

What do you need help with, SandraR?

I see what you're saying Mike. Did the search and it took about 5 1/2 minutes. It doesn't seem like a bandwidth issue, though, but either bad query syntax by LS or an overloaded database server(s). Regardless, it surely needs some attention.

Xandman I had always assumed the LS feed merchants all have the LS product link generator tied to that feed. The same server also furnishes the images and text links for those hundred million feed pages on affiliate sites. Sounds logical it is a Overstock product search lookup and coding problem. Red flag is their text DRM's for over a year also take forever to generate on affiliate pages. Both are a database function.

Kiss of death for any web page is to put the #1-5 small text DRM top category sellers next to each other on a page. Thereby defeating what should be the top converting OS link type. OS still in their stubborness REFUSES to base those DRM's on top category $$$ amt sold items going with the cheapo (unit qty sold) displays of their Dollar store items. The DRM's for categories like jewelry show the same $6.95 silver charm for months on end...and the media DRM's show the 1.00 VHS closeouts from the fleamarket dust bin.

Advertising mindset are it's worse, since they figure they acquire a new customer, Big O Club potential 29.95 annual membership and a non-commissionable e-mail special victim for the total commission cost of $0.03 cents.

Xandman,

I received a feed out side the Linkshare system, but do not know how to code it. Any assistance on coding the feed would be appreciated.

SandraR,

Assuming you mean how to code the product URL it goes like this:

http*//click.linksynergy.com/fs-bin/click?id=[YourId]&offerid=[MerchantID]&type=14&subid=0&bnid=[SKU]

(of course, replace * with : )

I'm sure you have the sku #s in the feed but you might need to get the merchant ID from the merchant. Usually the merchant id is a series of numbers with a period and then the sku # again. ( Like this 12345.54321)

You might want to verify the "typeid" with the merchant also.

Hope this helps.

HD

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast