Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Hi,

I am the affiliate manager for Outdoor Superstore, which sells over 85,000 hunting, camping, fishing, and boating products. We have just become merchandiser enabled with 24,000 products in the feed, which gets updated daily with product information and pricing and availability. If anyone has questions or would like to join this program please email or call me anytime. Thanks and best of luck!

ABW Ambassador
    If you are the affiliate manager for Outdoor Superstore, then why do you have a link in your post that goes to an affiliate site?
    Do you also operate an affiliate coupon site for yourself?

ABW Ambassador
    Hey at least he's not "in the closet" like so many others.

The slot machine that IS paid! Billy Kay's Avatar
    If your name is SOK or Sam - check your mail. We filed a Better Business Bureau complaint against you 2 days ago!

Also,
    <BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>If anyone has questions or would like to join this program please email or call me anytime. Thanks and best of luck! <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Don't waste you time ABW's! The email supplied with his private offer is fraudulent.

The one provided by linkshare he doesn't respond to

And if you go to their website and email, they return the email back to you!!!!

Hi,

Yes I am the affiliate manager for Outdoor Superstore and I do fiddle with an affiliate site as well.

Billy Kay, please PM me concerning your allegations as I feel they are inappropriate. Have you tried calling me on the phone number that is supplied on each and every email. Not only do I list my work number, but I list my home number as well so affiliates can reach me ANY TIME. Thanks!

Sok,

I will NOT PM you. But with your permission, I'd be happy to post all TWENTY EIGHT attempts at reaching you:

from myself
    from Linkshare (Ebony the Customer Service Superviser)
    from your own company (Outdoor Superstore)
    from Yitza Mendez your account manager

BUT, I will do NOTHING until you are out of my Accounts folder.

I never applied to you.
    I never heard of you.
    I was never approved by you.
    I've never made a link for you.
    I do not want you.

But YOU placed yourself in my accounts folder.

Hi,

Yitza did forward this information to me and informed me that the email address was incorrect, but has since been corrected. Like Yitza, Ebony, and everyone else from Linkshare who have spoken to you has said, YOU were ONLY offered a private invitation to join OutdoorSuperstore.com's affiliate program. If you would read the invitation it asks you if you would like to accept the invitation. the offer was 10% commission compared to 4% for everyone else. If you do not care to make more money with a free offer specifically to you then just DECLINE the offer. AGAIN, this was only a offer specifically to you because I saw it as a good fit and wanted to reward your efforts for your site. So, PLEASE decline my offer to you.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>
    But YOU placed yourself in my accounts folder. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

I cannot place my company in your folder. It is impossible. Please read the first email offer. It is an "Offer"

For those ABW members who are interested in earning higher commissions with OutdoorSuperstore.com, some of the other benefits are most searched monthly keyword lists, coupons, free shipping offers, and search boxes. For those ABW members who are currently enrolled in the OutdoorSuperstore.com affiliate program, please call or email me with any suggestions for further improving the program for you. Thanks!

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Yitza did forward this information to me and informed me that the email address was incorrect, <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Thanks for admitting you DID receive the emails - BUT CHOSE NOT TO RESPOND.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>I cannot place my company in your folder. It is impossible. Please read the first email offer. It is an "Offer <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Here's a screen shot of My Account Page which clearly states at the top is a place for merchants I am PARTICIPATING IN:

If YOU didn't place it there, who did?

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>I cannot place my company in your folder. It is impossible. Please read the first email offer. It is an "Offer <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

From your email:

Directions to begin participating in the private program:

If you do not wish to participate in this private program, simply do nothing. You will remain in the current program level.

My "current program level" is - and always has been - not an affiliate of yours.

So I will "simply do nothing"

Kindly remove yourself from my merchant page.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Billy Kay:
    Thanks for admitting you DID receive the emails - BUT CHOSE NOT TO RESPOND. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

I said that I was informed that the email listed was incorrect, but that Yitza and Ebony had already answered your questions. So the end result is that you are declining the offer, we'll leave it at that.

For those other potential affiliates please call or email with any questions or comments. I state in all my email communications that you can call me anytime day or night, whether I am at work or at home and I will be more than happy to chat with you. All email communications include two extensions to reach me with at the office as well as my personal cell phone number.

As a special offer to all ABW members, if you join the OutdoorSuperstore.com program I will extend a "private" 10% introductory offer. This is only for a limited time for the valued members of this community.

Actually, I HAD to contact Ebony and your Account Manager only because YOU didn't respond to any emails on your own. Is that right? Yes!

Kindly remove yourself from my accounts page.

You have Just been dropped from both my sites. I don't knowingly like to work with affiliate managers that are also competitors. Been there before, been burned, not gonna do it again...

Don't feel bad Billy Kay. He never replied to our emails either. And we had questions about why he was listed on some of the parasite sites.

Chris
    Recycled Talent - Architects of custom scripts and snippets, perfectly written to suit any need. We stay on top of the latest technology so you don't have to.
    Total Stupidity - Shining light on stupid things.

ABW Ambassador
    Winterpeg, the Mosquito Capital of Canada
    I get a page n/a trying to reach your site?????

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>I said that I was informed that the email listed was incorrect <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

You're saying that the only thing that Yitzkah told you was "You entered an invalid address".

You're saying that she didn't tell you we've been trying to contact you???

I'll post the email where she says she CC'd you (I'll include the actual CC), which shows she forwarding EVERYTHING - including the BBB complaint (I'll post the email without the 27 attachments)

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>but that Yitza and Ebony had already answered your questions. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

So when an affiliate contacts Outdoor Superstore, the Affiliate Manager leaves it up to Linkshare's support people and his account manager to reply?

Date: Thu, 06 May 2004 19:26:25 -0400
    To: xxxxx@mailordershoppe.com
    CC: "Sok Verdery" &lt;sok@outdoorinteractive.net&gt;,
    Ebony xxxxx@linkshare.com&gt;
    Subject: Re: Outdoor Superstore Private Invitational Offer from Outdoor Superstore

Yitza Mendez wrote:
    &gt; Hello Bill,
    &gt;
    &gt; My name is Yitza Mendez and I am the account manager for Outdoor
    &gt; Superstore.com. I have cc: the Program Manager at Outdoor Superstore.
    &gt; You may contact Sok directly and cc: me if you wish regarding further
    &gt; questions or concerns regarding the "private invitational offer".
    &gt;
    &gt; As Ebony stated, it is your choice to opt into the private offer if you
    &gt; wish. If you don't want to be part of the Outdoor Superstore program,
    &gt; simply do nothing. Sok, is always available to address your needs.
    &gt;
    &gt; His full contact information again is:
    &gt;
    &gt; Sok Verdery
    &gt; sok@outdoorinteractive.net
    &gt; 864-654-4242 x103 or 107
    &gt;
    &gt; Outdoor Superstore and I hope to partner with your organization soon.
    &gt;
    &gt; Thank you,
    &gt;
    &gt; Yitza

Yitza,

1. We sent an email to sok@outdoorinteractive.com = fraudulent email address

2. We sent an email to sok@outdoorinteractive.net = no response

3. We went to their website and contacted help@outdoorsuperstore.com = they sent it back to us!!

so telling us "Sok, is always available to address your needs" is a gross misreprensentation, comparable to Mike Lee's infamous "It was EXPEDITED via regular mail" gross misreprensentation. (We stopped adding Linkshare merchants after that)

4. Since they ARE members of the BBB, at least he will finally HAVE to respond. (Confirmation of Complaint xxxxx)

5. Kindly pass this to your client with my quote: "Not in a million years. We regard someone who sneaks into our account list as worst than a spammer, bordering on a parasite"

6. "Outdoor Superstore and I hope to partner with your organization soon."
    Do you not READ my emails!!!! No!!!!No!!!!No!!!!No!!!!No!!!!No!!!!No!!!!No!!!!No!!!!
    No!!!!No!!!!No!!!!No!!!!No!!!!No!!!!No!!!!No!!!!No!!!!
    No!!!!No!!!!No!!!!No!!!!No!!!!No!!!!No!!!!No!!!!No!!!!

7. It appears Sok went to an affiliate forum today to make his pitch - and the affiliates put him in his place. (Again, he never responded).

BUT, it appears this AM also moonlights as an affiliate!!!! (http://www.coupon-monkey.com). I would NOT trust an AM that uses his inside info (such as which affiliate business models work best) to double-dip and create affiliate sites. Linkshare has already given him - who as an affiliate is my direct competitor - access to my sites and other relevent information, I obviously would NOT join his program and give him access to even MORE priveldged information that he can use against me as my direct competitor.

8. [Edited out by Billy - mentions other Linkshare merchants]

Bill Knoblach

Below is a copy of the BBB complaint if you want to forward it to Sok:

Better Business Bureau Online Complaint System

Thank you for your information. I will forward this onto Linkshare. I cannot remove my company from your account since that is your account and only you can log into your account. Please decline the offer sent to you. Thank you!

It is impossible for a merchant to "place themselves in your account". Linkshare has stated this already as well.

You may always call me anytime day or night as stated in the emails. Our number at OutdoorSuperstore.com is toll free and I provided two extensions to reach me with. If it is after hours you can always call my cell phone with any questions or comments. Thanks!

2005 Linkshare Golden Link Award Winner  ecomcity's Avatar
    Did someone say "Coupon-Monkey"?? Automatically sets off my radar.
    Webmaster's... Mike and Charlie

"What have you done today to put real value into a referral click...from a shoppers viewpoint!"

OutdoorSuperstore.com by no means does anything illegal. Reading the customer ratings will show this. For any questions regarding the OutdoorSuperstore.com program from another viewpoint please feel free to contact your representative at Linkshare. Thanks!

Sok,

I'm done. You've already wasted at least two hours of my time.

1. You're in our account manager. You can deny knowledge all you want, but the fact is you are - and YOU initiated the process that put yourself there.

2. We used all known email address to contact you - you responded to NONE.

3. We used outside help to contact you, and depending on which of your posts you want us to believe, either you didn't receive any of these emails either, or you chose not to respond.

4. You - as an affiliate - are a direct competetor to myself and other affiliates, and I want nothing to do with your company.

I am done responding. You can either do the right thing, or you can do nothing. The choice is yours.

Have a nice Mother's Day. My foster child is taking me to either Wet-n-Wild or (my choice) brunch at The Palms. He's 10, and this is probably the last year he'll fall for "The law says that even tough I'm a guy, you have to get me something for Mother's Day"!!!!

Well I wish you a happy mother's day and apologize for wasting your time. I have sent all information to Linkshare requesting that you be removed as an affiliate. Best of luck in all your future ventures!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast