Dear Linkshare

Please, Please, Please do something about this new sign in

I have just had four goes before I could sign in and I was very careful about putting the code in accurately.

Is this new signon really, really necessary.

Les

ABW Ambassador
    It usually works for me, but every once in a while I have to try several times to get in. The fact that it works most of the time doesn't answer the question of its necesseity.

It is simply a big annoyance, a likely useless measure that every other company I deal with hasn't found the need for. Is this the cutting edge of security or someone at Linkshare's personal paranoia?

Wayne

I don't like it either, drives me nuts to the point I avoid going there as much as possible. This is the kind of useless nonesense that urks me to no end.

Makes you wonder if they are bored or something, I could think of several things they would be better off spending their time on than making us jump thru silly hoops just to function.

ABW Ambassador
    More likely someone higher-up in the corporate food-chain saw it somewhere and, lacking any knowledge of the technology or need, forged ahead with the decision that it was absolutely necessary. I've seen this syndrome before when I worked in the engineering department of a manufacturing company.

The owner of the company, brilliant at selling, completely clueless at technology, loved to hang around the CAD department and offer endless opinions & "suggestions." Suggestions were usually bizzare projects or completely unnecessary changes to the software. Almost always resulting in a total waste of time for my staff, frustration and someone (usually me) had to work long hours and weekends to catch up on all the real work that kept the company running.

Wayne

we gotta remember that not every company wants to share their stats with other companies that will use that information to their advantage.

of course, this still begs the question of why we can't get the information for our advantage.

ABW Ambassador LinkShare Moderator's Avatar
    Hello All,

Based on feedback from users after we first released the feature, we did make several enhancements
    to make it easier for you to log in. We clarified the security code, shortened the length, as well as
    made the characters case insensitive. It is not our intention to make things more difficult for affiliates,
    but security is very important to us. We always welcome feedback, and if you have any suggestions
    for how we can make it easier while maintaining the security function, we'd love for you to send to us
    at suggestions@linkshare.com.

Thanks,

Sara

Since this new security feature at LS rolled out, I've only logged in a few times. So instead of logging in daily and actively working on LS merchants, they are now largely ignored, because it is such a pain in the neck to get in.

Sometimes it works just fine, other times I give up after the 3rd or 4th try. It's just too much of a bother now to login at LS.

Andy

I agree!

i VERY SELDOM enter my linkshare account nowadays.

i am sure merchants would notice the sales decline. just wait and see. tsk tsk.

tsk tsk. bad move on linkshare. merchants would surely suffer.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by LinkShare Moderator:
    Hello All,

Based on feedback from users after we first released the feature, we did make several enhancements
    to make it easier for you to log in. We clarified the security code, shortened the length, as well as
    made the characters case insensitive. It is not our intention to make things more difficult for affiliates,
    but security is very important to us. We always welcome feedback, and if you have any suggestions
    for how we can make it easier while maintaining the security function, we'd love for you to send to us
    at suggestions@linkshare.com.

Thanks,

Sara <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

hi,

would it be possible to have the security code removed alltogether or at least to a few affiliates who would prefer it this way?

just when most affiliates are using hotlinks to enter affiliate merchants accounts in a very quick manner, linkshare goes the other way around. To be honest, its counter productive and both affiliates and merchants sales would soon prove it.

If getting rid of the security code altogether is not an option, I suggest you move <BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR> Forget Password? click here <HR></BLOCKQUOTE> to the bottom of the login area so that you can tab straight through from password to the security code entry.

CDC
    I can't complain but sometimes I still do...

11. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread