Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
    Any thoughts? What would affiliates consider a fair commission per click? Our thinking is that when NEW visitors see our value and our guarantee they will become our customer.

Paying on a click basis might be something we are willing to offer select affiliates.

NOT being paid on a CPC basis is the same as NOT being paid on a CPA basis is the same as NOT being paid for every time you scratch yourself.

If ebates is taking your commission, 100% commission still wouldn't be fair.

Haiko, is there anything we can do to prevent this dreck from infiltrating every thread?

Is it in your best interest to have a forum that is completely hostile to merchants?

ABW Ambassador
    You could pay to have your own forum & moderate it & delete any posts you don't like. In open forums though, there's really only one thing you can to do lose the stigma of being an Ebates merchant.

Wayne

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Is it in your best interest to have a forum that is completely hostile to merchants? <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

That is laughable... hostile to merchants? How wrong can you get it? Try hostile to those hostile to affiliates...

You seem to be the *only* merchant taking issue with affiliates voicing concern. After weeks of trying to shout others down, *now* you cry for a den mother to step in when others respond? How hypocritical...

Perhaps thats because you're the *only* one on this board trashing affiliates and their concerns, while joining with those that steal commissions from affiliates.

If you want to open threads and ask questions about your program, don't complain when the truth shows up.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by NorthernStudio:
    You could pay to have your own forum & moderate it & delete any posts you don't like. In open forums though, there's really only one thing you can to do lose the stigma of being an Ebates merchant.

Wayne <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Excellent point.

If Abu wants to promote his parasite-ridden program and insulate himself from honest dialogue, then he needs to pay for his space.

You can't complain when the "free word of mouth" advertising you were counting on is LOUSY word of mouth...

Domain Addict / Formerly known as elbowcreek Thomas A. Rice's Avatar
    Abu, actually, you should just consider this as part of the cost of associating yourself with ebates. I believe you were trying to monetize the association in the earlier thread, this is just one - of the many - costs your association brings. Many, many affiliates will point out to other affiliates that you allow ebates into your program, and many, many other affiliates will end up avoiding your program like the plague.
    Following everyone else is a GREAT way to become average.

Purchasing a private forum on A Best Web is on next week's affiliate marketing meeting agenda, but to be quite honest I could think of more effective ways to spend a couple of grand if this thread is indicative of what we would be getting.

Being an Ebates merchant is a stigma to some, but not to all. We have over 380 active affiliates in the first four days of this month who do not see it that way.

As I said in an earlier post, I am operating my program within the rules that are set forth by the network. Are the rules perfect? No. Is the goal of my business to succeed and make money within the rules? Absolutely.

ABW Ambassador
    No Thanks, I don't work with merchants who use
    Ebates.
    I also think your last post was out of line!

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR> Haiko, is there anything we can do to prevent this dreck from infiltrating every thread?
    Is it in your best interest to have a forum that is completely hostile to merchants? <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>
    YOU should have added to your post "completely hostile to merchants that use parasites!" You left that important piece of information out.
    It may not be in Haikos best interest only he knows, but I will tell you most affiliates do not like merchants such as you who deal with parasites and neither do I. I also don't see a lot of other merchants on the hot seat with you. Run a clean program and people will stop arguing with you.
    Cazzie

- - - -
    Being an Ebates merchant is a stigma to some, but not to all. We have over 380 active affiliates in the first four days of this month who do not see it that way.
    - - - -

Do not see it, or are not aware of it?

By the way...where in Indiana are you? I grew up in Lafayette (lived there 22 years)...I really miss Indiana.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by cazzie:
    I also think your last post was out of line! <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>Then I am not allowed to express my opinion?
    <BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>I also don't see a lot of other merchants on the hot seat with you. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>I received half a dozen emails from other merchants last week after all the flaming I took. They are afraid to post here. I suppose I could lurk around the forums without offering any dialogue, but what's the point?

Near Bloomington, in a town I describe as "Two miles south of nowhere", a dinky little town named Gosport.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by elbowcreek:
    Near Bloomington, in a town I describe as "Two miles south of nowhere", a dinky little town named Gosport. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>It's BEAUTIFUL down there this time of year, yes? I did a lot of camping in Brown county and my mother is from Nashville, IN.

&gt; Then I am not allowed to express my opinion?

OH MY GOD, WHAT A HYPOCRITE!

Your point here has been that I shouldn't be able to voice MY opinion.

You tried to shut others' voices down. And NOW you yell for free speech???!?!?

What a joke.

Defender of Truth, Justice and the Affiliate Way
    Offered to which select affiliate? What would be your criteria to make the offer?

But in general, CPC = bad idea.

Learn from history.

&gt; Purchasing a private forum on A Best Web is
    &gt; on next week's affiliate marketing meeting
    &gt; agenda, but to be quite honest I could think
    &gt; of more effective ways to spend a couple
    &gt; of grand if this thread is indicative of
    &gt; what we would be getting.

I'm sure criminals take the same view. They don't advertise in public forums either.

If companies fear the truth getting out to the public, perhaps it is not the public that has the problem...

&gt; I am operating my program within the rules that
    &gt; are set forth by the network. Are the rules perfect
    &gt; No. Is the goal of my business to succeed and make
    &gt; money within the rules? Absolutely.

Linkshare's rules don't say you can't burn down the warehouses of your competitors either.

Does that entitle you to do it?
    More importantly, does that insultate you from criticism when you do it?

It is ludicrous to blame those who criticize when the criticism is TRUE.

If you don't like the truth, keep covering your ears or FIX THE PROBLEM.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by BLFH (Ms. B):
    But in general, CPC = bad idea. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>Why is it bad? I have no history to learn from. Is it bad from an affiliate point of view or merchant?

On the surface it would seem to be a great way affiliates to drive revenue.

Couldn't it also be a great way to determine if your clicks are being stolen? You would know how many clicks you generated versus how many you are paid for.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by mikeyjake:
    Linkshare's rules don't say you can't burn down the warehouses of your competitors either. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>Arson is against the law. Having Ebates in my program is not. Your kindergarten analogies will not influence anyone.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR> I received half a dozen emails from other merchants last week after all the flaming I took. They are afraid to post here. I suppose I could lurk around the forums without offering any dialogue, but what's the point? <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>Afraid to post here? Why? What are they hiding? There are lots of merchants who post here regularly, and quite likely are the better for it. We only bite when we've been cheated or deceived. We're a very supportive group otherwise.

If merchants are in bed with the parasites, they have a good reason to be flamed, and they know it. When someone spends a great deal of time trying to justify something, chances are it's for their own good, and not necessarily what's right for everyone involved.

What Collections Etc. has done is anti-affiliate. And you expect affiliates to support you when they KNOW that they aren't going to be paid for everything they should be paid for?

Why do you expect them to work for free? Do you not receive compensation for what you do? It's the same thing:

WE WANT TO GET PAID FOR OUR WORK!

It doesn't take a rocket scientist to figure that one out. Merchants who are afraid to post here probably have something to hide.

Andy

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Arson is against the law. Having Ebates in my program is not. Your kindergarten analogies will not influence anyone. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Genius, any idea what those ebates lawsuits are about?

Kindergarten analogies for your kindergarten logic. "My mommy told me I could, so its ok".

Abu

CPC is WAY open to abuse. You would have to contend with affiliates using a hundred different methods to automatically generate fraudulent clicks.

A major policing operation to try and stay on top of that.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Andy:
    Why do you expect them to work for free? Do you not receive compensation for what you do? It's the same thing:
    _WE WANT TO GET PAID FOR OUR WORK!_
    Andy <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>Its my position and Linkshare's position that you will be paid for your work. You are basing your emotional argument on past behavior which I have no proof is occurring now. I have said many times before...if I see any indication that one of my affiliates is taking commissions from another, they will be removed.

Well said, Andy.

The real problem Abu has is with the truth. If he doesn't like it, change it, or deal with the consequences.

But don't dare show up, ask for the truth from affiliates, and then complain when you get it.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Afraid to post here? Why? What are they hiding? There are lots of merchants who post here regularly, and quite likely are the better for it. We only bite when we've been cheated or deceived. We're a very supportive group otherwise.

If merchants are in bed with the parasites, they have a good reason to be flamed, and they know it. When someone spends a great deal of time trying to justify something, chances are it's for their own good, and not necessarily what's right for everyone involved.

What Collections Etc. has done is anti-affiliate. And you expect affiliates to support you when they KNOW that they aren't going to be paid for everything they should be paid for?

_WE WANT TO GET PAID FOR OUR WORK!_

It doesn't take a rocket scientist to figure that one out. Merchants who are afraid to post here probably have something to hide.

Andy <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Radegast:
    CPC is WAY open to abuse. You would have to contend with affiliates using a hundred different methods to automatically generate fraudulent clicks. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>Good point which I had not thought of. Linkshare attempts to police fraudulent clicking, but I will have to learn more about this.

By the way, you are not suggesting that any of the affiliates here would do something sheisty are you?

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast