My boss wanted me to ask if anyone knows what is going on with inkjet cartridge market? Has the market been so saturated with inkjet "merchants" that it's gone flat across the board? We've already noticed that PPC for anything related to printer ink/toner is a complete waste of money, so what's left? Is anyone doing anything anymore?

ABW Ambassador
    Hey, you're my favorite ink merchant You should put it under you name.

Are you saying you as a merchant are not getting a good return with your own PPC efforts? And you're asking what else you can do?

I'm trying to hide. I've read how mean affiliates can be towards merchants, so the less people that know who I am, the nicer they may be to me

No, we know that sales in the inkjet market are seasonal - go along with the school year, but sales seem to be slow. Better than last year but still not great...so is every one just buying from the other guys or are they buying the original Epson, HP, Canon, etc cartridges?

ABW Ambassador
    I have no idea, i figure you would know the market you're in better than anybody here. Better than last year might not be great but it's good, at least you're going in the right direction. I'm sure there are some ink merchants doing worse than last year. I buy original but i know a lot buy the remanufactured stuff, my gf does. I just like buying new stuff

ABW Ambassador
    I tried the reconditioned stuff, but it was a waste of money.

Now I can afford the brand named ink, so that is what I buy.

I also do not promote reconditioned ink cartridge merchants.

Maybe my experience is not typical, I would hope that it was just a bad cartridge at the time.

I personally just don't think it is worth saving money on some products when you really get what you pay for sometimes.

Maybe more and more people are just sick of the crap that some merchants peddle and that puts them off buying the cheapo stuff

2005 Linkshare Golden Link Award Winner  ecomcity's Avatar
    Maybe the Ink cartridge spammers have so turned off the end-users they ignor this vertical so riddled with dubious middlemen. As an experiment I took one small local Detroit company who sells copier toner/paper and had them setup accounts for Ink cartridges for a very honest low priced drop shipper. The accounts re-order 95% of the time and by-pass local office products stores. They did so well I'm trying to get this Ink merchant to open up an affiliate program and let me be the AM.
    Webmaster's... Mike and Charlie

"What have you done today to put real value into a referral click...from a shoppers viewpoint!"

I use to do pretty good with a few inkjet merchants, but my datafeed site got slammed by Google and Yahoo over the past few months. I bet that is what is going on. Affiliates that once drove a large part of your business are now burried under Ebay and Amazon pages that just happen to have the word "Ink" on them.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by TrustNo1®:
    I have no idea, i figure you would know the market you're in better than anybody here. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

True I should know, but all I really know is that I have loyal customers that keep coming back. I also know what my affiliate program is doing now and what it was doing on CJ. What I don't really know is where they are buying if they are not buying from us. But it sounds as if many of you have had problems with the cheap stuff - understandable, and a whole different topic - so it sounds as if Customers would rather buy the original than take a chance with a compatible or remanufactured cartridge.

[QUOTE]Originally posted by peedtih:
    I use to do pretty good with a few inkjet merchants, but my datafeed site got slammed by Google and Yahoo over the past few months. [QUOTE]

I heard the same too. I know Google was really trying to cut out the little guy as the cost of bidding went insane. The term inkjet was over $3 at one point. Here one minute, and gone the next. It's hard to make any money at that point.

ABW Ambassador
    Well with PPC you're better off bidding on something much more targetted like HP C8727AN OEM Black Ink Cartridge, or something targetted with a misspelling. There are plenty of nickel clicks available for inkjet cartridges. So even the "little guy" can still do PPC.

Bernie is all the stuff on the site remanufactured? I thought some of it was new.

Yes and those nickel clicks don't convert. We've tried almost everything but no worries. It is summer.

We do sell the original cartridges still for select cartridges. MWe ahve pretty much everything new for Xerox, Lexmark, Hp, and Brother, but only a select few for Epson and Canon.

12. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread