Hi All,

Links for Franklin Mint aren't working for me. They lead to a Franklin Mint page that says that the site has moved.

Anyone else having this problem or know why this is happening?

By the way, I'm looking for a merchant that could replace Franklin Mint whos links work. Does anyone have any suggestions?

Thanks,

Ken

ABW Ambassador
    Yeah,

Looks like they changed their whole site....I didn't get any notice...a few of the links still lead to the products, but most of them need to be re-done.

Has this ever happened before? How much do they pay?
    Comments are opinion unless otherwise noted. Remember, pillage first. Then burn. Half of all people in the world have IQs under 100. You best learn to trust ol' SSanf!

How much do they pay? NOT MUCH! Very poor conversions for quite some time. They used to convert, it seems like the conversions "went away". I'd like to find a replacement, haven't got around to it yet.

ABW Ambassador
    First problem since I've been with them. Base payout is 6%-10% depending on the items, I think. Not a great conversion, but I've had regular sales with them.

Not long ago, after I questioned them, they raised the return days to 15...still not many, but better than before.

my product links for them are now coming to a storefront page that may be randomizing products

ABW Ambassador LinkShare Moderator's Avatar
    Hello,

Thank you for alerting us to this problem. It appears to be isolated to product and storefront links.
    We have alerted the merchant, and are working with them to resolve as quickly as possible. I will let
    you know when the problem is resolved.

2005 Linkshare Golden Link Award Winner  ecomcity's Avatar
    Their problem always was their session only cookie, 100 minimum payout aka. vintage LS merchnats advertising mindset. Now add in all the BHO's, who'd even have them due to poor conversion ratio, and their pushing non commissionable subscription plans on their collectables and you have a real winner. Try addressing this barrier while fixing the landing page links.
    Webmaster's... Mike and Charlie

"What have you done today to put real value into a referral click...from a shoppers viewpoint!"

ABW Ambassador
    As I mentioned in my earlier statement, Franklin has changed their return days to 15. They have also changed their payout to $25.

Even with only a 1% sales/click ratio, I'm still averaging about $5.50 EPC for the year. I've got a bunch of others that don't average as much.

Franklin Mint isn't worth the space it takes in the HTML to display the link. Conversions with them are pathetic, not worth the time or the space.

Andy

Andy,

I don't disagree with you at all.

But when I was first starting out, I put up some FranklinMint storefronts. Have never converted anything with it. But for some strange reason, I get pretty good Google traffic to those pages. To take advantage of that traffic, I've put other things on the pages and have gotten sales from that. I kind of gave up of FM. Then the other day when I was updating those pages, I noticed that FM links didn't work. You know, just in case someone clicked on them and after 4 years, I didn't want to miss out on the only sale I might get with FM.

And as usual, I'm always surprised that no one else noticed but me. I guess that speaks for the FM program, "Who Cares Anyway!!" Why didn't someone from FM realize that they weren't getting affiliate traffic? Probably because their affiliate program doesn't mean sqwat to them. Just another merchant asleep at the wheel.

Ken

12. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread