ABW Ambassador
    "ChaChing" banner.

Shouldn't it say "125 affiliates earned a bonus" ?

Actually, probably even a smaller number..

Hello,

Are you aware that Linkshare has this qoute on its ChaChing page

http://www.linkshareclub.com

What Winners Are Saying:
    "I always promote my LinkShare merchants more because LinkShare has always gone above and beyond with their support and have in the past been industry leaders in keeping affiliate marketing fair. LinkShare has been the most proactive network out there and they have the top quality merchants that my visitors want."
    - Connie Berg, FlamingoWorld.com

Defender of Truth, Justice and the Affiliate Way
    Hi Jrb and welcome to ABW.

I'll go out on a limb here and make a comment on Connie's behalf. She can correct me if I'm wrong.

That comment was made prior to recent events. Indeed she herself posted that she has been a staunch supporter of LS in the past which is why all of this is so disappointing for her.

That comment might well read differently if she was asked for the quote today or no quote at all might have been given.

I will say that I was very glad to see an HONEST affiliate who embodies what Affiliate Marketing should really be being recognized. Connie is an excellent example that profits CAN be generated without all the other nonsense. And that IS what should be recognized and awarded on a CONSISTENT basis.

Actually it was written just as this whole thing started. It was meant to be a kind of hidden message to Linkshare. At that point I still had faith that Linkshare would do the right thing.

"I always promote my LinkShare merchants more because LinkShare has always gone above and beyond with their support and have in the past been industry leaders in keeping affiliate marketing fair. LinkShare has been the most proactive network out there and they have the top quality merchants that my visitors want."
    - Connie Berg, FlamingoWorld.com

It was meant to tell Linkshare that in the past I have found them to do the right thing and that I hoped they would do the right thing now..

15 years and counting
    These "top quality merchants" need you, they need good affiliates. They don't understand all the tricks done by our unscrupulous networks.
    We just need to inform these merchants, up to the top. They are not dumb. I'm sure they can understand. We have to be better than "the networks disinformation teams" and beat them on their own field.

Resident Genius and Staunch Capitalist Leader's Avatar
    <BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR> It was meant to tell Linkshare that in the past I have found them to do the right thing and that I hoped they would do the right thing now.. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

One thing I've learned about human nature is that NOBODY ever, ever, gets a hint that they don't want to!

The person's mental filters just rewrite the hints into what they want to hear.

Then you have to go ahead and run the person over with the Clue Train so they get the REAL message!
    There is no knowledge that is not power. ~Hemingway

Connie,

Under the circumstances, perhaps you should ask LS to remove your endorsement. It's apparent that it didn't serve its intended purpose.

Andy

9. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread