My Domestications sales are just a quarter of what they were last month (and months previous) same time period, same traffic but a quarter of the sales. I have noticed their site down several times and images not loading and a new pop-up which I guess could account for some sales loss but not all surely? Anyone else?

Tami

Troll Killer and best Snooper!
    I decide when the pigs fly!
    I have twice made purchases from Domesticatins for which I did not receive credit. I used LS's internal notification system to report the matter to Domestications.

If they don't track *my* purchases, I have little confidence in their tracking of any purchases. I no longer feature their products on my sites.

Also, they're pushing My Points (see the parasite forum).

I'm experiencing similar results this month as well.. Something sure isn't right!

ABW Ambassador
    i have had the same problems the last few months, awful sales!!

another problem i noticed was that advanced made up links once the item is no longer in stock, do not track, so no commissions. they go to an error page!

i was making $500 a month with them, now i am lucky if i get $100, pretty wierd when my site is getting lots more visitors, but my sales with them, and only them are way down!

ABW Ambassador
    Domestications needs to resend something or LS needs to rerun something but reports are not right, sales are missing. Also rerun Lillian Vernon again just for good measure

15 years and counting
    There's many more to resend. Yep, Linkshare scr@w up big time in May, but like before, they are not going to admit it. Business as usual, right.

ABW Ambassador
    Bumpity Bump. Sarah or Stephen can you look into this? I emailed Domestications about it already, thanks

Got this in the most recent Domestications newsletter.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR> New Domestications.com affiliate liaison:

Domestications is pleased to introduce your new affiliate liaison, Ken Mitchell. Ken has a background in Sales and Marketing as well as recent experience in the Web Design world. Ken can help you make the most of your affiliate relationship with Domestications.com. Feel free to contact him at affilate-AT-domestications.com. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Whaddyathink? Should we love-bomb him?

ABW Ambassador LinkShare Moderator's Avatar
    Hi All -

My team member who works with the merchant asked me to post the
    following message on their behalf:

Thank you very much for bringing your concerns to our attention. Due to the unexpected popularity of some
    merchandise, we are experiencing back-order issues. Because we report sales at point of shipment, you
    will find that while your sales are being captured, your commissions may be delayed while we get back into
    stock. We'd be very happy to confirm receipt of your orders. Please contact us at
    affiliate@domestications.com and provide us with order numbers. We greatly value your partnership. -
    Domestications Affiliate Program

Thanks,
    Sarah

Sarah,

Domestications didn't credit me for two orders that were shipped and received. This was not a fulfillment issue.

ABW Ambassador
    "We'd be very happy to confirm receipt of your orders. Please contact us at
    affiliate@domestications.com and provide us with order numbers. We greatly value your partnership."

This is the same message from them before and i asked the same question and got no answer. How am i supposed to know the order numbers from people shopping from my site, makes no sense.

ABW Ambassador LinkShare Moderator's Avatar
    Hello Rhea,

Please send me an email at abw@linkshare.com with the order information, and I will send it directly
    to my team here to investigate.

Thanks.
    Sarah

Thank you, Sarah. Will do this afternoon. I very much appreciate your looking into this.

I want to add that I've been a customer of Domestications for a long time. They have great prices and products (well, except for the statues and garden gnomes), and their customer service is superb. My only complaint about them is the lack of tracking in the LS program. I had no problem with them tracking through Catalog City on CJ.

LS investigated my claim that Domestications had twice not credited me for sales I knew had occurred (coz I was the buyer).

The first transaction had not been credited until I requested it.

The second transaction was indeed credited, but I never saw it. LS's strange system of back-dating transactions was what caused me not to spot the transaction. The purchase was made in April, the product was shipped in May, and I expected to see the transaction credited in May. It was credited in April.

My apologies to anyone on the board who may have been misled by my earlier posts. My thanks to LS for looking into this matter and resolving it.

ABW Ambassador
    "The first transaction had not been credited until I requested it."

You shouldn't have to request for sales to be credited, that should hopefully being doing that already.

I know Trust, I'm not happy that I had to ask for credit on the first transaction (which was almost $200, BTW.)

But I tend to believe that every merchant is entitled to one flub-up. Anything more than one mistake and I start pulling links.

I hope the the negative attention Domestications has received at ABW and the new AM will lead to positive change.

I've seen a drop in Domestications sales through past 2 quarters. The drop was sharper for the last 2 months but I think the blame should be on me for not keeping up with the fast inventory change at Domestications. I recently checked the links for the popular products I've been selling a lot and they were mostly landing on an error page.

Even though I believe the sold out products should rdirect to homepage or the category page instead of a "dead end" error page, I should not be blaming Domestications for not selling the products that no longer exist.

I'm working on it.

- BluesX

18. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread