All,

I had the great pleasure to attend this fantastic event last night and wanted to fill everyone in on what happened.

I arrived at 7:02pm at the infamous and regal Metropolitan Club which, to say the least was an absolutely fantastic and quite impressive venue. Cocktails and Hors'doeuvres were served while deal making and serious networking occurred by "the creme de la creme" of affiliate marketing until exactly 8pm, when we were instructed to enter the dinning room.

Upon entering the dinning room you could immediately see that no expense was spared in this prestigious event. I had the pleasure of being invited to sit at the Overstock table along with three other affiliates and the Team Overstock. I had the pleasure of first meeting Clark Stephens and then JT and asked if Shawn was attending and was told that Shawn was deluged and instead Dr. Patrick M. Byrne (CEO) was attending. As the band was playing and the multiple plasma screen TVs around the room where showing the award image we arranged our seating so that the maximum networking could be done, I had the extreme pleasure of sitting between JT and Patrick and right behind Stephen Messer who was at the next table. As we started in on our Lobster and avocado timbale with lime vinaigrette, I introduced myself to Patrick who said, OH! Your Haiko, I just love ABW and our affiliates there and said that just about every day he reads the overstock forum and goes in deep with Team overstock about improving conversions and offering more tools for his affiliates. I could easily see the true love and respect that he earnestly has for ABW members and all his affiliates. (I'll talk more about this in another post within the OS forum). Between the Fillet Mignon and the delicious desert there were many great topics brought up as well as some very good points of improvement. (side note: I am specifically mentioning the menu because the food was soooo good and usually at these sort of things it's usually chicken but, this was completely first class, all the way!).

Around 10ish, Heidi Messer went to the podium and started the ceremony which included video snippets of interviews of some of the nominees on the plasma screen TVs around the room. Then it was time for the emcee, Robert Schimmel (of Howard Stern, HBO, Showtime and many others) to start, he went into his shtick and although some of it was obviously toned down, it was hilarious, he's a really talented comedian who created such a nice atmosphere in the midst of the competition of the awards. At the end of his bit, Mr. Schimmel announced the various presenters who came up to the podium to announce the nominees in the respective categories (listed below) and the presenters went into their own scripted shtick also, some of which was hoakie but still very enjoyable. One of the presenters even had to reference one of Mr. Schimmels' punch line to help save a joke of his gone wry ... hehehehe. I think the words "dick wig" would make anyone laugh even without hearing the full joke.

Getting onto the actual awards, I'll list the category, the finalists and then bold the winner in each respective category, if there was a memorable event or comment I'll make note of such within the category listing.

Innovative Merchant of the Year
    - Avon
    - Buy.com
    - Hotwire

Innovative Affiliate of the Year
    - AmeriDollars
    - CleverMoms
    - Schoolpop
    Really loud roar for Anne (CleverMoms) and a hush when Ameridollars won (they didn't attend BTW)

Best New Merchant of the Year
    - Blue Nile
    - macys.com
    - Outdoor Interactive

Best New Affiliate of the Year
    - MoveByMouse, LLC
    - MyEmployeeDiscounts.com
    - The Budget Fashionista
    [I]"It all started as a love of shopping online and saving money" - great quote from the winner[/b]

Affiliate's Choice Award
    - Mondera
    - Overstock
    - Sharper Image
    Loud roars from the crowd for both Mondera and Overstock and John from Overstock really looked like "YES, we won" - it was great!

Merchant's Choice Award
    - Box Tops for Education
    - FatWallet
    - GiftBouquet
    Tim got a loud roar when he won

International Achievement Award
    - Dell Home
    - Office Depot
    - Zirh

Best Performance-Based Search Strategy
    - Gardener's Supply Company
    - H&R Block
    - Iomega
    [I]Really loud roar for Gardener's Supply[/b]

Best Overall Online Distribution Strategy
    - Dell Home
    - Office Depot
    - Overstock

Performance Marketing's Most Vocal Advocate
    - Connie Berg
    - Chris Sanderson - Mondera
    - Team Overstock
    [i] Ok where to start, roars all across the board for all three nominees and a tie, Connie and Team Overstock![/b]

Titanium Award (the $15K prize)
    - Ben's Bargain Center
    - deals du jour
    Loud roar fordeals du jour

Then after Mr. Schimmel said a few words, Heidi closed the ceremony around 11:30pm.

I can say that I was really impressed with the event and thank both Overstock and Linkshare for such a fantastic event.
    Continued Success,

Haiko
    The secret of success is constancy of purpose ~ Disraeli

Heidi is a RED HOT SMOKIN' BABE!!!

Getting There Is Half The Fun! Staying There Is Half The Battle!

Sounds like a nice time. Wish I could have attended but just couldn't get away from my daytime job. Made the Vegas event and actually managed to enjoy about 30 minutes before "work" took me away the rest of the day. Guess there's always next year
    Greg Rice Affiliate Program Management
    www.gocmc.com info(AT)gocmc.com | 330-259-1223

Join us! - MiNeeds.com | DiscountCandleShop/CheeseSupply | Feng Shui Plaza

Outsourced Program Manager Chris -  AMWSO's Avatar
    I WILL be there next year...even if I'm being forced to tunnel in from Canada

Thanks for the review Haiko and thank you each and everyone of you who has supported Mondera and voted for us in the Affiliates Choice Award

Cheers

Chris
    Affiliate Marketing by AMWSO. Skype - chrissanderson ::: TEL 1-720-336-1784 ::: www.amwso.net
    Join our affiliate programs :Vaper Empire, Iolo, Art of Tea, or See ALL our Programs here

Great recap Haiko, I'm sorry that I didn't have a chance to meet you. It was a great evening all around and I thought LinkShare showed a lot of class not only at the event, but throughout the entire Symposium.

Chris, you were certainly missed!

Congratulations to all of the winners! Especially Connie, Tim, and Overstock!
    Haiko, I am so sorry I didn't see you, we flew in last minute Wednesday am!

Hi John

I'll have to hit you up for a review of what was discussed in the Merchant Meeting

Congrats on the Award for best new merchant!

Cheers

Chris
    Affiliate Marketing by AMWSO. Skype - chrissanderson ::: TEL 1-720-336-1784 ::: www.amwso.net
    Join our affiliate programs :Vaper Empire, Iolo, Art of Tea, or See ALL our Programs here

Congrats to all the winners!

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Shawn was deluged and instead Dr. Patrick M. Byrne (CEO) was attending. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Last night I woke up in front of the TV and Patrick was a guest of Neil Cavuto on Fox News. Awsome story about him beating cancer three times.
    ~Ernie

Thanks for the excellent recap of the awards, Haiko. And congrats to all the winners! Sounds like it was a wonderful event.

Andy

Hi All,

I had such a great time this week. A little tuckered from Wednesday's meetings, but glad I attended.

I also had the pleasure of sitting with the BlueNile crew. Congrats!

Blagica-

Thanks for the review Haiko! And congrats to all the winners!!

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Chris - WSO:
    I WILL be there next year...even if I'm being forced to tunnel in from Canada
    <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Chris, I just read the interview that Ms. B did on you ( Great job, Ms. B!! http://www.affiliatefairplay.com/spotlight.html ). Reckon the Immigration Department has a long memory of your previous shenanigans in the US?? Just kidding! Hope you do eventually get everything straightened out so you can get over here again without having to tunnel your way thru!

I thoroughly enjoyed the interview and learning about all your life's adventures before arriving at AMWSO. You've already gone to more places and done a lot more than most of us dream of doing in a lifetime. Taken any pics of camels lately??

ABW Ambassador
    Winterpeg, the Mosquito Capital of Canada
    So where exactly would we forward the shovels to start the digging

What was your address again Walleye

Linda - I stay FAR away from Camels, and all kinds of animals in pick up trucks!

Defender of Truth, Justice and the Affiliate Way
    &lt;~~~~ makes note to send Chris a copy of The Great Escape on DVD so he doesn't miss out on that absolutely incredible to die for dessert next time.

BTW...I recall seeing a sign on the front of the Metropolitan Club clearly stating no camels allowed.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR> so he doesn't miss out on that absolutely incredible to die for dessert next time. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

...enough already

Sounds like everyone had a great time...
    wish I could have been there... maybe next year...

Loved the article on Chris Ms B. AFP is
    starting to look pretty good...

One thing I'd like to know... Between the networking, the fine dinner, and the to die for desert...

Did anyone happen to hear anything about the long awaited "direct deposit" program we've all been waiting for? A hint... a clue... anything at all?
    <Font size="1" color="99000">Never doubt anybody's word for anything... but... Always double check everything... - Grandpa</font>

Defender of Truth, Justice and the Affiliate Way
    Thanks webpartner.

Sorry to report that I heard nothing at all about direct deposit or consolidated checks. Steve made some announcements regarding upcoming changes for LS in his private session address, but nothing was said about either one of those.

Affiliate Manager affiliatemanager's Avatar
    Haiko,

Outstanding review! It was an amazing evening.I am disappointed I didn't have the opportunity of meeting you. Let me know when you'll be at the next Linkshare event and I will make sure I find you!

Best Regards,
    Melissa

Melissa D. Salas | Marketing Manager
    85 Enterprise Ste. 100 | Aliso Viejo | Ca.| 92656
    E: affiliates@buy.com
    www.buy.com

19. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread