I give up trying to login to Linkshare today, guess BeFree and CJ merchants will be getting my time spent on them.

Ensured I am using the right username and password (case sensitive) (had it emailed to me by the lost password system to nake sure), made sure caps lock is not on etc, tried 20+ times with correct username and password and it wont let me in, tried both case-sensitive and lowercase for the characters.

Linkshare: Please get rid of the damn stupid login system, or at least put up an error message when login is down.

Mark, wierd I logged into linkshare fine just a sec ago....

Have you tried a non-IE browser?

ABW Ambassador
    Mark, the date on your computer is wrong. Performics and Linkshare won't let you login with the wrong date.

Mark,

I realize your post was made yesterday, but I was able to get in just fine a few minutes ago.

If you have Spybot S&D, it might be preventing you from logging in as well. Mine updated last week, and locked me out of LS, although I could get in at CJ just fine. So you might look at that as well if you have Spybot on your computer.

Andy

Andy,

Thats exactly what the problem was, thanks.

I was having a scumware problem over the weekend, adaware didnt find it, neither did spysweeper, re-installed spybot and it thought it had cleared everything but hadnt. In the end I downloaded hijackthis and manually removed suspicious items.

Which reminds me, to login to LS with spybot set to warn me of suspicious cookies I had to accept cookies 3 times to login

update:

"Spybot-S&D reports that you want to download "LinkSynergy". This is a known threat. Do you want to BLOCK this download?"

Great message makes it sound like going to linkshare is going to install an evil virus that will destroy all the data on my computer.

Why dont the networks work with Spybot and similar programs to (hopefully) removing these cookies from the spybot etc database??

I wish there was a scumware remover as good as Spybot that doesnt stop me trying to earn a living.

Mark,

I'm glad you were finally able to get in. It drives me crazy when things like this happen, because I know it's something stupid. And it is usually something obvious I've overlooked. Now I try to remember when there are updates to programs, so if something suddenly quits working, I can narrow the culprit down.

It is interesting about the network cookies being tagged as spyware, isn't it? And it's been going on for a long time, which tells me there isn't any easy answer. Why are the cookies tagged as spyware in the first place? Seems like in the absence of a valid excuse, the spyware companies would have to remove the networks from the list.

But they haven't, so there must be more to it than what we know...

Andy

Affiliate Network Rep
    Andy,

I also wish they would give us a reason. I think that most of these companies just eliminate everything that has a cookie and claim that they are more comprehensive. We can never seem to get any reason for their actions which makes everyones life harder. We will continue to try to work on these people but in the meantime we will try to do our best to deal with these issues.

Best regards,
    Stephen

10. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread