Ringingphone.com is one of Link Share's newest affiliates. We provide unique ringtones and other cellular products. The ringtone business is one that is massive overseas ($3.5 billion worldwide in 2003), but just starting in the USA ($80 million in 2003) so there's lots of upside potential for US and Canadian affiliates. We offer a hefty 80% commission. Ideal product for teens and young adults. We'd welcome having you on board. Please let me know if I can help get you started.

Domain Addict / Formerly known as elbowcreek Thomas A. Rice's Avatar
    Hiyas, that looks like a great product you have.
    Following everyone else is a GREAT way to become average.

RingingPhone is also with CJ - in fact I made my first sale about two weeks ago and I was amazed when I saw the commission (it was almost as much as the sale itself!!). Of course you only get the commission once for each new signup, but it could be one to watch.

I've got 2 questions:

- Do you offer a datafeed?
    - Do you work with parasites?

Thanks!!
    - Scott
    Hatred stirs up strife, But love covers all transgressions.

LinkHare has an exclusivity contract with all of their merchants. When is your CJ contract up?

Hi Snib. We are working on a data feed and will have that up soon. As for parasites, I am not aware of any such sites at this point, but we do expect all of our affiliates to compete fairly and on an even playing field.

Berni: We are currently transitioning existing CJ customers to Link Share.

Bob -

Let me know how that goes. I too just left CJ to work at LinkShare and am curious as to any issues you encounter. I still have many old CJ links and zero luck contacting affiliates to switch them out.

But welcome to LinkShare!!!!

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Berni Grzywacz:
    I still have many old CJ links and zero luck contacting affiliates to switch them out. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Many affiliates will not network hop with the merchant for one reason or another.

One major reason is because now they will have to reach a minimum payment for your program.

At CJ, with the combined payment and direct deposit there was less risk of not getting paid.

Chances are good your biggest earners are the only ones who will take that chance with you and move to linkshare with you.
    Heidi
    "Happy are those who dream dreams and are willing to pay the price to make them come true"

I find it amazing that the consumer today will buy this type of no value product. In the billions? OMG

With so many whom are unwilling to pay for music and actors for their products, would rather download them on filesharing networks. How soon will there be Napstertones?

JMO

Poopie

I've been promoting you very heavily the past few days...over 1100 targeted visitors to your site and only 3 sign ups...that equates to a .27 conversion rate...pretty disappointing results so far for me.

Web Ho - Design B!tch ~Michelle's Avatar
    Your return days are 0 (noticed you increased the return days, it was .167 return days when you premiered)

Even though the offer, (especially the return days) is so enticing, I will have to pass.
    ~Michelle
    "All I ask is a chance to prove that money can't make me happy."
    "Work to become, not to acquire." -- Confucius

Michelle: Thanks for pointing out the return days. We will change that.

I sent 817 targeted clicks via adwords and only generated 2 monthly memberships. So the ROI sucked to say the least.

My suggestion would be to have custom landing pages available so we can target specific artists and have the user land on that page where they can see all of the ring tones available for that artist and then have a signup link on the page. In my opinion this will convert a thousand times better then the gerneric landing page people are sent to currently.

If you can make this happen I will start promoting you again.

Thanks

p.s - all of the custom landing pages you do have available via linkshare (which is very few) give this following error upon clickthrough..

Server Error in '/' Application.
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The resource cannot be found.
    Description: HTTP 404. The resource you are looking for (or one of its dependencies) could have been removed, had its name changed, or is temporarily unavailable. Please review the following URL and make sure that it is spelled correctly.

Requested Url: /Link/InfoRGSRingtonesMainP.aspx

PLEASE FIX

Hi Bob
    Great program you have I have been signed up for months and doing quite ok. I must say I am on the fence about joining your program at linkshare since they are allowing 1800 solutions to override affiliate links and do what they do. I hate to lose your program but as I am taking down linkshare links and dropping merchants over( 50 yesterday alone) I am having a hard time joining any new merchant there.
    Vinny

ChrisCRM: I appreciate what you are saying. We are currently under development of a complete re-write of the site. This is one of the things that will be addressed in the new site. Thanks for the comment.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by chriscrm:
    I sent 817 targeted clicks via adwords and only generated 2 monthly memberships. So the ROI sucked to say the least.

My suggestion would be to have custom landing pages available so we can target specific artists and have the user land on that page where they can see all of the ring tones available for that artist and then have a signup link on the page. In my opinion this will convert a thousand times better then the gerneric landing page people are sent to currently.

If you can make this happen I will start promoting you again.

Thanks

p.s - all of the custom landing pages you do have available via linkshare (which is very few) give this following error upon clickthrough..

Server Error in '/' Application.
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The resource cannot be found.
    Description: HTTP 404. The resource you are looking for (or one of its dependencies) could have been removed, had its name changed, or is temporarily unavailable. Please review the following URL and make sure that it is spelled correctly.

Requested Url: /Link/InfoRGSRingtonesMainP.aspx

PLEASE FIX <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

I joined the program, believing I could market it to my visitors. I sent several hundred targeted visitors, but got no responses.

Granted, "several hundred" may not be enough to gauge the effectiveness of your program with my visitors, but it's hard to sell a service like yours without audio capabilities I am guessing.

The ultimate way to market your website would be to "sponsor" affiliates such as myself, where we could walk around with 20 of your latest ringtones on our cell phones and have our phones randomly go through them when they rang. People would eventually ask where these "exciting new tones came from" and a sale could be made.

Other than that, what do most affiliates tend to do? Piggyback this service as a "deal" on top of a cell phone deal?

Without getting the audio element of this service into the ears of potential customers, I don't see how to effectively market it.

DDs

Hi Michelle and thanks for letting me know about the return days problem. Just to let you know: WE LISTEN TO OUR AFFILIATES. We have changed the return days to 90 now on Link Share. Thanks for considering ringingphone.com.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by ~ Michelle:
    Your return days are 0 (noticed you increased the return days, it was .167 return days when you premiered)

Even though the offer, (especially the return days) is so enticing, I will have to pass. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

"I'll be glad to send you a free ringtone to do word of mouth promotion. Just send me your phone number and carrier. Test the songs online and pick one out and let me know at sales@ringingphone.com."

Thanks,
    Bob
    bobb@ringingphone.com

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by DDs:
    I joined the program, believing I could market it to my visitors. I sent several hundred targeted visitors, but got no responses.

Granted, "several hundred" may not be enough to gauge the effectiveness of your program with my visitors, but it's hard to sell a service like yours without audio capabilities I am guessing.

The ultimate way to market your website would be to "sponsor" affiliates such as myself, where we could walk around with 20 of your latest ringtones on our cell phones and have our phones randomly go through them when they rang. People would eventually ask where these "exciting new tones came from" and a sale could be made.

Other than that, what do most affiliates tend to do? Piggyback this service as a "deal" on top of a cell phone deal?

Without getting the audio element of this service into the ears of potential customers, I don't see how to effectively market it.

DDs <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Good to see ya Bob! You'll pick up lots of great feedback here to help make the RingingPhone.com a money machine.

--Adam

Do you have customized landing pages for each major provider and/or phone, so if I'm setting up a Samsung A530 (Verizon) accessories page can I get a page with specific ringtones?

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by threadkiller:
    Do you have customized landing pages for each major provider and/or phone, so if I'm setting up a Samsung A530 (Verizon) accessories page can I get a page with specific ringtones? <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Threadkiller: We are currently developing a new site that will enable you to link to specific sections like you request.

Bob

Thanks. It has been very valuable corresponding with affiliates on this forum. We've made changes and brought on some new customers. Thanks for the support Superstar. This ringtone business is really booming right now and its exciting to be in on something new.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Superstar:
    Good to see ya Bob! You'll pick up lots of great feedback here to help make the RingingPhone.com a money machine.

--Adam <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

24. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread