Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    15 years and counting
    I'm sounding like 7-days today.
    I know sales are pretty slow right now even if Valentine's day is starting. Today all my early sales were delayed several hours between midnight and 7:00am and I've not seen one sale between 8:00am (CJ Time) and now. It's a first. My average is a dozen sales an hour on a very bad day.
    My numbers with the other networks are normal.
    Is CJ experiencing more problems than usual? I've seen their warning "Product keyword searching unavailable - 02/06/03" on their front page but nothing else.

It's not the big that eat the small... it's the fast that eat the slow. Jennings & Haughton

quote:
    Originally posted by Zeus:
    I'm sounding like 7-days today.

Oh, No, I've developed a reputation! LOL

Call me a whistle blower of such, but I typically don't complain [loudly] except when others are here are indicating they are having the same problem. And then only to get the attention of CJ. Aaahhh, but they don't support us here any more, so why bother.

I do think it is important for all of us to speak up when we know for sure something is wrong, as in this case. You know your stats, and you know when they are not right. Speaking up at least gives us the peace of mind that it is not just one person that is having problems.

So how do we get heard? I don't know. CJ tells me their official channel of communication is ASK A QUESTION. However, I think every time I have asked if reporting was not working properly, they have told me it is.

Like I said, at the very least we are able to validate with each other that a problem exists, whether CJ admits to it or not.

Ron - 7 Days A Week Marketing
    Every day is a chance to learn something new and an opportunity to teach others.

15 years and counting
    quote:
    7-days - At the very least we are able to validate with each other that a problem exists, whether CJ admits to it or not.

That's a good point. ABW and the members have alway been very helpful to point out what's not working.

After posting I've been reading that:
    From CJ:
    quote:
    There are some delays in reporting going on because there is some work going on with things like the search tools. So, it will be a day or two before everything is back to real time (albeit clicks will remain batched at the end of the day California time as they always have been, so a day behind).
    Dirk Gardner

Does not sound too good. It shows, CJ doen't have the ressources (or the skill) to maintain their network and to let us work at the same time.

It's not the big that eat the small... it's the fast that eat the slow. Jennings & Haughton

Without question, CJ is having a problem today. I watched my impressions and click throughs not change for over an hour, which is not correct as there was traffic on my site at the time, and pages with CJ ads were being displayed.

It's obvious that CJ isn't supporting ABW any longer, although I have seen Todd logged in without leaving any messages. So, they are still visiting, they've just become lurkers.

And my question is: WHY?

What has changed here that would cause them to suddenly do an about-face and stop supporting ABW?

Was it Haiko confronting them about the Ebates issue?

Was it the recent "upgrades" at CJ that publishers didn't like, and complained about?

Was it my "Todd: Please explain how the new Product Catalogs are an improvement over the old Product Links" thread?

Was it the fact that they knew 7-days would blow the whistle on them everytime their servers acted up?

What exactly happened that caused Todd and Company to stop responding?

Inquiring minds want to know.

Andy

AFFILIATE MARKETING STANDARD: The site upon which the initial action to buy occurs is the site the commission is paid to. Period.

15 years and counting
    Sales reporting doesn't work but the reversals are still pouring in. I've just been hit by the cr@@ks at music123 and their usual lame excuses, can't ship/soldout, invalid CC 2 months after the transactions?...

How do you want Todd to explain what's going on at CJ? Technical glitches... lack of ethics...
    I'm pretty sure they are not proud of them.

It seems slow to me.

btw Zeus, you should try us instead of music123..lol.

I wish they would let you know online if the network was slow.

Raymond "Catfish" Comstock
    Director of Internet Marketing
    http://www.guitartrader.com
    catfish@guitartrader.com

ABW Ambassador
    Slow here, too. I don't always have sales trickling in throughout the day, but I've been promoting a few CJ merchants quite heavily as of late, and I know the links have been clicked on (by my internal tracking system). I hope I log on tonight to find a bunch of sales that have come through. A guy can dream, can't he?

Michael

ABW Ambassador
    Winterpeg, the Mosquito Capital of Canada
    Hey Catish with your name alone I may have to take a look at yur program

It was so cold last winter that I saw a lawyer with his hands in his own pockets.
    Give a man a fish he eats for a day. Teach a man to fish he spends the day drinking beer in the boat.

LOL. I appreciate that bro. I got my nicknme from my beard (I play guitar in a band called Dama at www.heavymusic.com so it turned into my stage name). I hope you will look at the program (5% commission and we offer Free Shipping on orders over $100 which is better than any leading competitor I believe). Any suggestions would also be welcome. Thanks for the kind words.

Raymond "Catfish" Comstock
    Director of Internet Marketing
    catfish@guitartrader.com

hey Andy !

i support ABW, but usually don't post on the threads, as the problems get worked out on their own almost all of the time.

so, i'll continue to just watch the posts
    if there is anything critical and you are receiving the wrong/no answers, i'll jump in !

also, i usually never post as i'm extremely busy !!

Thanks for your kind offer, ultraman. Are you representing yourself as being an employee of CJ?

If that's the case, I'm pretty sure Haiko will want to verify that you are who you say you are, in CJ's best interest as well as everyone else's.

I appreciate your offer to support all of us here at ABW, and you won't have to look very hard to find a few unanswered questions, but in everyone's best interest, you might contact Haiko before you start helping out.

Andy

AFFILIATE MARKETING STANDARD: The site upon which the initial action to buy occurs is the site the commission is paid to. Period.

It sure looks like a roller coaster from here.

If you look at Ultramans other post, it doesn't seem like he is from CJ.

I've unmasked ultraman!

Although I can not reveal identity's of members, I can not confirm via the supplied information that ultraman is related to CJ in any manner, but, it could be Lex sitting on the beach smoking a Cohiba and reading

Thank you for your willingness to help ultraman but if your going to be a "source" for CJ information I will ask you to, Confidentially confirm to me your capacity to do so, for the protection of CJ and their affiliate's interests.

Haiko

The secret of success is constancy of purpose. ~ Disraeli

thanks Haiko !

yes i work at CJ, but will stop posting, as i'm probably not "authorized" to do so.

plus, helping to moderate this forum should be a job for someone over here !

i'll just continue to read the posts and look into any issues which may arise, and will help fix any problems which may come up.
    you'll then hear from an "official poster" about the status of the incident.

thanks !

~ mysterious cj ultraman guy ~

quote:
    Originally posted by Catfish:
    It seems slow to me.

btw Zeus, you should try us instead of music123..lol.

catfish@guitartrader.com

Your program isn't any better than reversal123, I think every single sale I have ever sent to you has been reversed.

Heidi
    Fit2a-t - Make Money Selling T-Shirts From Your Site!!

Just for Comparison:

Guitar Trader Network Performance
    Network Earnings
    3 month EPC $2.89 (view trend)
    7 day EPC $2.86
    Charge-back percent 46.50% (view trend)

Music123
    Network Earnings
    3 month EPC $6.53 (view trend)
    7 day EPC $3.52
    Charge-back percent 25.60%

And I correct my earlier statement -- I was allowed to earn on 4 sales for $24 last year with Guitar Trader

While even with the reversals I earned over $3000 with Music123.

You decide which is the better merchant to go with

Heidi
    Fit2a-t - Make Money Selling T-Shirts From Your Site!!

ABW Ambassador
    Heidi,

Thanks for the research ... Talk about fish outta water

Dave

thanks Heidi

Back to the original topic of this post, something is not right. I had my all time record number of visitors for a one week perid last week, a big increase over any other week, and sales did not go up for the week. Instead they went down.

Is it a coincidence that CJ has been experiencing problems all week? One does wonder.

Every day is a chance to learn something new and an opportunity to teach others.

ABW Ambassador
    Ron,

It was right on topic .. Unless you have facts to present ... Speculating has no value.

Unless you have specific facts ... It will do no good .. I had to compelate data and back it up .. before CJ found it.

In the 2 times (over 3 years) I did it .. CJ ..admitted fault.

Dave

quote:
    In the 2 times (over 3 years) I did it .. CJ ..admitted fault.

Dave

Admitted fault? Hmmmm? I'd better start keeping stats.

Thanks.

A purchase from December for which we have the invoice number, order number, and exact amount (off top of my head it's a little over $2100.00), still hasn't been posted as a transaction.

We wrote to the merchant, who always credited our transactions before, so wondering if this is an Affiliate Link HiJacking thing or what? But they hasn't answered.

In the old "BabysHeaven" days, Jon Carder gave us a number to call where a CJ man answered right away and helped us on something else, and I lost it. Does anyone here have THAT number?

If they have a record of the Invoice # and order number being credited to someone else .. such as WhenU or ShoppingGuru, whoever, would that awake CJ to HiJacking. Or don't they care?

BTW, what's Jon Carder doing now, anyone know? last I saw he was re-directing to BabyCenter and BabyCenter is so loaded with Scumware you can't click on anything without some coupon popping up telling you to get INSTANT SAVINGS ON THIS PURCHASE frOm BABYCENTER "NOW". Those BabyCenter coupons are on the other baby stores too, directing them to BabyCenter.

If BabyCenter is not on your *hitlist .. Haiko, they should be.

Karin
    PS .. the * above would be a big "S" if I didn't watch my language on here.

Delays I am hoping today???? Please say yes!

Coincidence Me baby!

Affiliate Programs That Just Might Work

Yes, I Hope there are delays!

Only 4 transactions today -- last one
    at 2:30 pm Eastern.

Anne

By your thoughts you are daily, even hourly, building your life.
    You are carving your destiny.
    ~Ruth Barrick Golden

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast