did any one beside me get the "if you continue to be inactive we will delete you" letter?

I replied with ... you are being short sited... many affiliates need lots of time to build their websites...

If you delete me I'll signup for staples...

5 min. later I got the "your deleted" email

no problem... I already promote BettyMills office products... they are my most popular pages on that website...

guess these guys have no sense of humor...

Joe
    ++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
    that's my2cents, 'cuz I'm a legend in my own mind....

Another *clueless* AM! You're better off without them. When the bucks start rolling in from their competition, be sure to E-mail them and let them know how much money they sent to the competition.

Andy

They have some decent coupons, but absolutely no name recognition. I do far better with the big brands (Office Depot, Staples, etc.). You're probably better off without them (or any merchant short-sighted enough to purge inactive affiliates).
    Michael Coley
    Amazing-Bargains.com
     Affiliate Tips | Merchant Best Practices | Affiliate Friendly? | Couponing | CPA Networks? | ABW Tips | Activating Affiliates
    "Education is the most powerful weapon which you can use to change the world." Nelson Mandela

The slot machine that IS paid! Billy Kay's Avatar
    Someone should start a thread that when this happens, all ABW members email the AM with "we heard what you did to another ABW member, we think you're [insert nasty word], so we're terminating our relationship also"

Nine times out of ten, these gestappo am's are worth deleting anyway!!

What is the big deal if someone signs up for a companies affiliate program and doesn't do anything with it? Who cares? Why send them threating letters and piss them off? Maybe someday they will produce for you.

It's the corporate mentality. Same thing as when people laugh when the boss tells a joke. Really F*cking pathetic!

Do you guys dump merchants that are not converting? Do you allow a retailer to take up space on your site who doesn't generate clicks or sales? Why not?

Now imagine it from the AM's perspective. He/she has a program with 3000 affiliates, of which 100 or so are active. Running reports, sifting through reports, targeting successful affiliates for special offers, etc. all becomes more difficult due to the 2900 dead affiliates on the list. Imagine a detailed report that is 100 pages long, and the fist 98 pages are blank....no impressions, no clicks and no sales.

The reports take much longer to run, to sort, etc.

AND the dollars per affiliate, dollars per active affiliate, etc. all get distorted because of the inactive affiliates.

It makes perfect sense to delete them.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR> Imagine a detailed report that is 100 pages long, and the fist 98 pages are blank....no impressions, no clicks and no sales.
    <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>
    I would change the sort order
    <BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR> AND the dollars per affiliate, dollars per active affiliate, etc. all get distorted because of the inactive affiliates. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>
    dollars per active affiliate? how would inactive affiliates affect that? You are only running the report on the "active" affiliates.
    ================================================================
    Been away, now I'm back. Not as much, but I'm back & starting from scratch. Where I was, was fantastic. Where I am now, less so. Things have changed, become harder. So have I. Game ON!!!
    ================================================================

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR> The reports take much longer to run, to sort, etc. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

I have 2.5 million products in my database and any one of them can be queried in miliseconds. So I can afford a fast enough machine but merchants are still using an abacus?

10. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread